Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:50 PM

Author Topic: Classic Season #32 goes experimental!  (Read 21196 times)

Offline franz

Re: Classic Season #32 goes experimental!
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 08:27 PM »
speaking of that....  "zook first" was adopted from worms2 rope scheme, but there was a reason for it.... it was because there was random placement, there was no tele placement on worms2...

so parachute was disabled (so you could not knock if your worm was placed on top) and zook was in first turn, so there was less chance to get fd.

whats the purpose of zook first in w:a? just gives the first player a big advantage, and adds (even more) factor of luck, due to wind...

maybe we should change roper scheme to all weaps first turn???...

Indifference maybe?  There hasn't been much support to push for this change I think, but on the other hand I'm not sure I've ever really heard anyone defending it to stay in either.  Maybe a change is due.  It was probably just not high on most people's priority list to fixing roper.

Online Triad

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 09:02 PM »
new shoppa scheme would be nice

bng changes looks good

about rope knocking in t17 and elite, make it ``only if both player agree ``

i dont liked the roper changes. 1 worm is good. And higher damage? Lol sometimes i hit my head to ceiling on roper and get 40 damage. With higher damage i ll be dead in 1 fail xD

about wxw, make it if both agree or create a new "wxw hc" scheme

hysteria changes should be if both agree

Btw maybe not about classic league but i want a change for Free League MI. Can you remove teleport from Big RR scheme?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:11 PM by triad »

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2013, 09:17 PM »
Lol sometimes i hit my head to ceiling on roper and get 40 damage. With higher damage i ll be dead in 1 fail xD

You raise a valid point I didn't think of.  We'll have to see how games test.  If falling and taking huge damage PLUS setting yourself up for more fall damage next turn becomes an instant loss, it could force players to rope even more safe in ropers, meaning crate locations would have a bigger impact
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Maciej

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2013, 10:12 PM »
omg, we don't have classic league anymore...

Offline HHC

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2013, 10:39 PM »
You raise a valid point I didn't think of.  We'll have to see how games test.  If falling and taking huge damage PLUS setting yourself up for more fall damage next turn becomes an instant loss, it could force players to rope even more safe in ropers, meaning crate locations would have a bigger impact

Guess this is true. With higher FD the HP damage done by regular attacks won't increase all that much (2 hp?), while a big fall could do you 80 or even more :x That's game over, no matter how well you played the rest of the game.
I personally think the 2vs2 will prove to be a disappointment. It's really confusing if you play it 1vs1.
Personally I would like to see more HP in singles games (in clanners its 2 worms of 200, in singles just of 200, as in BnG it would be more logical to play singles with 300 energy), and more regular time (25 mins at least).

As mentioned before, I wouldnt mind 4 worms in TTRR, it's imo a good balance. I can see how some people find 3 too few, but 4... it should give players enough room to go all-out, while at the same time maintaining at least some aspect of reliability. 5 worms would abort that part of the scheme imo, which imo isnt a good direction. And as some people have agreed with me above, it doesn't improve the experience of newbies.

I can live with the rest. WxW is silly, but i already consider that scheme dumb as f*. I'd rather not see this scheme around anymore at all, but be replaced with, i dunno, shoppers that are 2 or 3 times the size of what they are now. Or shoppers played in cave with nasty hides. It's a scheme build on weapon use from rope, not on speed roping. That's what TTRR and Ropers already cover (enough).

T17 and Elite rk... alright then, let it be, let's try it.

I kinda like fada's suggestion of adding a new scheme as well, like aerial. But it's hard without kicking out one of the beloved ones  :( If both aerial and hyst are in it would be too much of that. Just like it's too much to have roper and health-crate-wxw imo.

Offline SPW

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 10:47 PM »
I'm fine with all changes, but dont touch Elite. This scheme is perfect just like it is since years. Never change a running system. But well, just test it but I dont even try to play one single elite tus then.

EAC 2013 will get played with the real scheme only. Knocking wont be allowed and gets punished. I hope no one gets confused when playing tus elite in same period.

But once again, I dont even understand why Elite scheme should get any changes. Elite was never a problem and one of the most accepted schemes ever.

Test around with wxw, shopper, bng, hysteria, roper and t17, but not elite and ttrr. Its my opinion, maybe I'm too oldschool in the case of Elite. ;d

Offline skOrpuz

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2013, 01:27 AM »
let t17 and elite as they are =/

Offline rU`

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 02:07 AM »
nah knocking in elite is cool lets give it a shot

LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2013, 04:09 AM »
Elite, Team17:
Rope knocking allowed.

oh  :D

If new season is experimental, maybe change t17 scheme. Use Wooka or HHC scheme?

Offline Free

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2013, 06:16 AM »
Its my opinion, maybe I'm too oldschool in the case of Elite. ;d

The thing is, the scheme really only gets more skilled, I see nothing wrong with that. Scheme has always been good but what's the harm in trying to make it even a better scheme? More tactics, more defense, more offensive skills.

Offline sm0k

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2013, 01:32 PM »
always if i tough this league cant get more worst.. it does..

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2013, 02:00 PM »
can we have a poll to see what members think about elite / t17 knocking?

Offline barman

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2013, 02:03 PM »
Almost nobody complained when I suggested abolishing the no knocking rule, I don't understand how did it get so controversial in this topic ;D
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Korydex

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2013, 02:12 PM »
can we have a poll to see what members think about elite / t17 knocking?
All polls will happen after that season I guess.

BTW, I think that season shouldn't affect overall rating.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2013, 02:33 PM »
People who complain the most about the no-knocking rule have probably never played elite without it. It only adds depth to the scheme, and it's not like you're gonna have a chance to knock and pile/kill worms in every game, especially since you have very limited time for the execution . It doesn't happen that often, and it forces you to find better hides.

In perspective 5 worms in a ttrr seem like a lot, 4 each would be perfect for both clanners and singles. The roper one seems to be the most controversial change, I have no idea how it's going to play out, but that's the point of this season.