Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:31 PM

Author Topic: Over $300 prize on Classic league  (Read 17855 times)

Re: Over 200$ prize on Classic league
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2014, 09:09 PM »
btw, I think that if somebody doesnt play his or her PO games, they dont deserve to get paid.
I'm thinking of donating something as well, but I'm gonna do something else (still related to the league, though). Just asking for some feedback on the idea - more news to follow.

Offline HHC

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2014, 11:06 PM »
Should put the money into a TUS fund. This way there's 100's of $ being used on the first few months, then after everyone pulls out and people will be even less inclined to play league than now.

Offline avirex

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2014, 11:21 PM »
Anubis, it may make clanner league more active as well...

this will no doubt draw more people to AG, and ofc some people will only have their eyes on the cash prize, but hopefully others will want to find clanner matches, in between competing on singles....

with more people in AG, there will no doubt be more chances to find clanners, this could be a win win situation for everyone.... 

all though, i do strongly suggest having 1 season for clan leagues.... it could bring a lot of people out of retirement, even if just for a short time....

if there were a clanner league cash prize, i could imagine dt coming back strong, and CF wanting to compete, and other clans sharpening their pencils as well... would be a really fun season...

Offline rU`

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2014, 12:01 AM »
Should put the money into a TUS fund. This way there's 100's of $ being used on the first few months, then after everyone pulls out and people will be even less inclined to play league than now.

This is actually a very good point. Once this thing starts and people get hype, etc, what would happen if it runs out of money?  It'd be so awkward for everyone to compete "just for fun".

That's not my case though. I still play tel the same way it'd be if there wasn't any money involved.

I also believe it'd slightly kill the clan league as Anubis stated earlier. I was mentioning about this to Peja the other day during a clanner. I personally enjoy clanners more than singles as well.

Avi, why would you want to play clanner if you have a lot of people to compete in singles for a cash prize?

Needless to say, props to Mr. Island, obscure and co. for making all the efforts to keep this alive.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline avirex

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2014, 02:19 AM »

This is actually a very good point. Once this thing starts and people get hype, etc, what would happen if it runs out of money?  It'd be so awkward for everyone to compete "just for fun".

That's not my case though. I still play tel the same way it'd be if there wasn't any money involved.

I also believe it'd slightly kill the clan league as Anubis stated earlier. I was mentioning about this to Peja the other day during a clanner. I personally enjoy clanners more than singles as well.

Avi, why would you want to play clanner if you have a lot of people to compete in singles for a cash prize?

Needless to say, props to Mr. Island, obscure and co. for making all the efforts to keep this alive.

why would i want to play clanners if i have a lot of people to compete in single for a cash prize??? uhmmm... dude, the very question you are asking me, you answered for yourself in your own post...

"That's not my case though. I still play tel the same way it'd be if there wasn't any money involved. "

and

"I personally enjoy clanners more than singles as well. "

Offline rU`

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2014, 02:34 AM »
Exactly... that was kind of a question in general...  not everyone is going to treat it the same way.

I already noticed some players who are more interested in singles than clanners, so tell me what will happen once this gets up and running.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:37 AM by EL FUGA »

Offline avirex

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2014, 02:40 AM »
well, this is my point of view.... lets say this cash prize in tus singles brings back 1 or 2 members from dt....

for example, barman, and statik both become active, trying to win a TUS cash prize.. im quite sure if other dt members were online, and another clan willing to compete, they would enjoy a clanner game...

soooo.. all i am saying is, this could benefit clanners as well, i dont think it will kill the clanner scene at all...   but, i guess only time will tell...   

either way, i would love to see a cash prize on the clanner league, as i mentioned before.. but thats for the people donating the money to decide.

Offline rU`

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2014, 02:45 AM »
well, this is my point of view.... lets say this cash prize in tus singles brings back 1 or 2 members from dt....

for example, barman, and statik both become active, trying to win a TUS cash prize.. im quite sure if other dt members were online, and another clan willing to compete, they would enjoy a clanner game...

soooo.. all i am saying is, this could benefit clanners as well, i dont think it will kill the clanner scene at all...   but, i guess only time will tell...   

either way, i would love to see a cash prize on the clanner league, as i mentioned before.. but thats for the people donating the money to decide.

i guess only time will tell...   

Re: Over $200 prize on Classic league
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2014, 02:45 PM »
clanners? imagine tdc win 100$
how can they divide it between each other? everyone gets 5$?

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2014, 03:04 PM »
xD!! and imagine that a clan lost the finals 3-2 with a very stupid move or fail (aka Crash's aqua vs CKC), or some "disconnection" on a Elite decider, Hysteria, BnG... uh.

Offline Peja

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2014, 03:48 PM »
all these cable plugs will be a hard work for bryan  ;D

Offline Anubis

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2014, 04:04 PM »

That should be up to your clan leader. If you don't even trust your clan leader.... I'd simply divide the money equally to everyone that showed serious effort in playing. Like offering your help in playing clanners etc, not just winning clanners. But yeah, in the end the clan leader should split the money. I would have no doubt that avi would make this very fair and understandable for every member in dt. And, I am sure our Members are humble and don't expect to get more than member xy.

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2014, 04:39 PM »
dont forget there is also retarted clan leaders like me who would steal all clan money and runaway in Madagascar where I would hide with 100$ for the rest of my life

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2014, 07:16 PM »
For now, I'm also going to kick in with the prizes, but the PO participants aren't the only people that make the league worthwhile, so I'll put my money to other good use :)
I'll hand out 5 prizes of $20, and you can win them a couple of different ways:

1) Best shot and/or best turn.
2) Worst shot and/or worst turn.
3) Best commentary.

For 1 and 2, you can nominate turns/shots using the site. I wont pick the replay with the most votes, because I dont want people to rig this contest. I will look at all the nominations (I will rename the files so that I can't see which player is involved until after I have decided the winners).
Make sure you write the time in the replay for when the shot/turn happens, not something like "last turn" because I can't get logs anymore for some reason (damn you, windows 8!).

You can nominate games from any league: TEL, Classic, Free, anything goes.
If you're losing a game, go nuts! One crazy shot can earn you money :) (whether it wins you the game or costs you the game horribly).

Don't forget to also upload the worst shot/turn replays to http://wse.worms2d.info/

For 3, you can submit any game (even cups). You can either make a movie, and upload it to YouTube or you can record yourself talking through a game (let the viewers know when they should start the replay) and upload it in the files section here.
Obviously, you will have to let me know about your commentary in some way for me to be able to judge it. Since I can only speak a couple of languages, and I want this to be useful to most people, the commentary must be in english. You can make a commentary in Russian (would be great for russian players!), but I won't be able to judge it then.

Your commentary will have to teach something to the people watching - this will help newer players to understand the game better. If the commentary is also entertaining, that just makes it better!

If there's no commentary, then I will give the 5th prize to another person for best/worst shot/turn.

Also, people are only eligible to win one of these prizes, so there will be 5 different prize winners.

Good luck, everyone!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 08:25 PM by DarkOne »

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2014, 07:24 PM »
useless, ill never win a cent here, just cuz you d1 are one of my imaginary impo's haters community member haha