Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:52 PM

Author Topic: Preparing TUS v2.0  (Read 5351 times)

Online MonkeyIsland

Preparing TUS v2.0
« on: August 24, 2012, 01:13 PM »
We're reaching the end of current TUS software which served us for almost 4 years. I can't upgrade it because TUS v2.0 is a total rewrite.
In the next few days I'll be moving/transferring/converting data to suit TUS v2.0. You may experience some problems such as seeing some features stop working or even seeing TUS goes down. I've tried my best to keep current TUS up as much as possible.

That's it, just don't freak out if you see problems. Chances are you won't face anything major :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline HHC

Re: Preparing TUS v2.0
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 01:18 PM »
When can we expect a full features list?

Cause right now I'm not sure where I stand on this  :o

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 01:40 PM »
Would be nice to have some kind of bug/issue tracker, because I sense a lot of questions and minor problems which don't worth creating new topics :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 01:42 PM »
Would be nice to have some kind of bug/issue tracker, because I sense a lot of questions and minor problems which don't worth creating new topics :)
+1

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 01:54 PM »
When can we expect a full features list?
Cause right now I'm not sure where I stand on this  :o

Unfortunately the list will be released after the whole thing. The original purpose of TUS2 was to solve server lags. So that is basically my main concern but along the way many features got coded in. Where are you standing btw? :)

I was gonna make a new board "Bug Report" and gather all the issues there. Not enough?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 02:01 PM »
I was gonna make a new board "Bug Report" and gather all the issues there. Not enough?

It's enough and simple, but I doubt people will like to see bug posts in the lastest forum posts :) Also I suggest to use 3-4 topics (sort issues by type) instead of creating new topics... But well, let's wait for TUS2 release first :D

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 02:06 PM »
I agree with statik. Maybe just a report a bug form that would send you an automatic pm would be enough.

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 08:03 PM »
I agree with statik. Maybe just a report a bug form that would send you an automatic pm would be enough.

So if 30 people stumble upon one certain problem, they all will send the same bug report? I don't think that would be a very efficient way for MI to spend his time :)
Better to have topics open - it's a small hassle to click "all topics read" or to skip over bug reporting threads when hitting the unread posts link. There are plenty of other topics that are skipped anyway :)

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 08:08 PM »

So if 30 people stumble upon one certain problem, they all will send the same bug report? I don't think that would be a very efficient way for MI to spend his time :)
Better to have topics open - it's a small hassle to click "all topics read" or to skip over bug reporting threads when hitting the unread posts link. There are plenty of other topics that are skipped anyway :)

Yeah I agree about that but thing is we are not on github and we can't open a ticket :D. What I mean is that I am a little worried about spam and we could lose revelant bug :) And well.. I have to be honest, I love form :D

Edit: Forgot to say, can't wait for the new tus ! I'm thrilled just to think about it. Good job !
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:25 PM by zippeurfou »

Offline nino

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 10:02 PM »
GJ MI, i can see my investiment on TUS are giving results.

Enjoy putos, i did it cos i love you all.

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 12:22 PM »

Tbh i doubt that it even will cover the server costs. :(

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 12:53 PM »
In Brazil 500$ = millionare :)

Offline Crazy

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 01:18 PM »
HHC, what do you mean by "where I stand on this"? You don't want TUS2.0? :o

Offline nino

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 02:33 PM »

Tbh i doubt that it even will cover the server costs. :(

tbh, me too xD

and statik russia sucks too , then stfu xD

USA FTW rest is shit hauhauhau
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.