Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:05 PM

Author Topic: Regarding Asbest  (Read 12901 times)

Regarding Asbest
« on: April 29, 2014, 10:44 PM »
Jeez, I can't leave you guys alone for a couple of days...

OK, so a couple of weeks ago, I decided to give Asbest another chance.
Reason being that during the WO editions when things turned to shit, Asbest was impersonated by someone during a tournament, in which the alias insulted people. At that time, there was no reason for Asbest to act the way he's been acting recently. The community at large targetted him and we all know what happened.

As much as Asbest has caused his own downfall, I didn't think he got a fair chance.
Or as Husk wisely put it (you don't have to take my word for it, after all):
it looks to me like some of the people accusing asbest of insulting are doing the same thing x10 xD

Asbest said he would ignore them from now. So I told Asbest - if people are provoking you, let me know and I will act accordingly - as long as he ignores provocation.

As we've clearly seen - he did not ignore provocation. And people didn't stop provocating him. Clearly, Asbest's behaviour was bad, but so was that of other people, who continued to target Asbest.
This includes shoutbox, threads and signatures.

Asbest has shown he does not want to listen to me or anyone else, so Asbest is now banned. He will not be returning to TUS.

Clearly, some people couldn't help themselves to go after Asbest, so these people are now muted.
One of the things were "ban asbest" threads. I'm not going to repeat myself: "ban [...]" threads are not going to make any difference when it comes to our decisions on banning someone.
Asbest's requests have not made any influence on this decision to mute people - they earned that entirely on their own.
People's requests have not made any influence on the decision to ban Asbest - he earned that entirely on his own.

I don't want to see any more of this shit. If you don't like someone, there's a perfectly functioning ignore function on the site: https://www.tus-wa.com/profile/YourAccountName/lists/?sa=ignore
You don't have to talk to them, there are plenty of other people around.
"They started" is not a valid reason, or there would be plenty of people that would get flamed by me or MI - and you'll find it difficult to find a flamewar by either of us.

Offline HHC

Re: Regarding Asbest
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 10:52 PM »
Thank you  :)

Had to fight the urge to make a BAN ASBEST NOW GDDMNT thread myself and I can completely understand those who did. TUS was total crap the last week cause of this guy, he really ruined the TUS experience for me when he was here. I surely won't miss him.

I hope the guys that got muted will return soon. Miss 'em already  :(

p.s. I kinda feel that there should be a way to make a general petition to ban someone for the future. Sbaffo's thread was much needed when TUS mods weren't acting/didn't want to act.
I thought the poll result would turn out much worse for Asbest, but a lot of guys still voted to keep him in. Think it was a good way to show how sentiments were.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 10:53 PM »
To give you an example of the amount of time this debacle has cost me (along with the 3 hours it cost me to check all the Asbest-related posts and PMs and shoutbox comments and skype messages):
[attachment=1]

Moderators do their work because they love the game. We don't need your thanks or adoration or whatnot. We didn't volunteer to this work for any of that.

Personally, I spend a lot of time at work and see enough actual drama there. I don't mind spending time on TUS related work (mostly cups right now) but I don't like having to spend my free time on fake drama that people start because they are bored. If you have any respect for the work moderators do on TUS, it's a very poor way to show that by starting crap like this.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 10:55 PM »
p.s. I kinda feel that there should be a way to make a general petition to ban someone for the future. Sbaffo's thread was much needed when TUS mods weren't acting/didn't want to act.

Did you look at what people were posting about Asbest? I honestly couldn't tell the difference at times. And it's real brave too, to flame one guy as a group.
There were a couple of people that Asbest had problems with. Did he insult you, HHC? Nope. Because you left him alone.

Offline HHC

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 10:56 PM »
Totally understand you're pissed D1, but hmmm. Most of the stuff there is by Asbest or in response to Asbest behaviour. Shame you were away that long, a lot of sh*t could have been prevented banning him after the very first day when he was still spamming that corset shit.

It's a lot of drama... but really only cause of one fellow.

It'll be quiet now  :-[

@previous msg:
He was asking for it though. He was trolling for the sake of trolling. If 30 or more people tell you to stfu and stop the spam and you choose to ignore it and go on with your drivel (that imo was intended to just piss people off) you totally deserve being 'picked on'.

I had probs with Asbest too, but longer ago. Was about a game, got quite some good insults back then  ;)
Kept quiet this time cause there was enough drama already, and I kept nicely to the rule of not asking you guys to ban his ass. But ae, I sure as hell am glad he's no longer here.

@message below:
Husk never intends to piss people off. And his spam is mostly funny  ;D
When he posts it shows through he's a good guy with a kind heart.
Surely noone hates him.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:03 PM by HHC »

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 10:59 PM »
3 to 4 days is really not that long :)

People were complaining about the spam, but the spam wouldn't have bothered them if it was Husk posting the corset thread. They were already angry when they saw Asbest posted something.

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 11:17 PM »
I can't say spamming the shoutbox with GIFs every minute was a glorious way to say "hi again, guys" without triggering some anger.

Well to be fair, I'm glad this is over; I'm glad I can again play and host tournaments or challenges again without having to cope with his (seemingly done on purpose) misunderstandings of rules/questions, as well as the time waste he ends up costing. Sorry for being so negative about him, but those reasons clearly aren't worth hugging him.

Oh, and sorry for the extra work I might have cost answering him (I couldn't help reacting to widespread piracy).

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 11:55 PM »
DarkOne for president!!! \O/ (sry xD)
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 03:08 AM »
Holy hell all those messages from asbest

Offline ANO

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 06:43 AM »
I personally don't like these kind of people, (Asbest is unique btw) neither me that I like having hot discussions xD

A permanent ban was not necessary in my opinion since you wanted to give him this second chance. It was better to mute him earlier, not after 2 weeks of this, and try "to fix" him. We don't need to lose an active member "forever", just give him some slaps when he deserves. And he was deserving, but I guess after 2 hours he was back.

And I don't think it's fair to have muted Sbaffo, I don't know about Dragon, it was a really long discussion, I didn't read it xD.

Btw, GJ in standing all of those messages. In your position I would have muted 10 people auhauh bravo.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 07:48 AM »
HHC, you're in no position to be able to claim who started what (was it a comment in #AG? was it a particular team name in a game? Was it the seed his father plante...). You only have opinions, and since you're already missing your friends let me adventure and say you're totally BIASED.

Sure you could argue a point that goes a long way at demostrating that Asbest is, in fact, the epicenter of all this drama. But how about you stop acting like a baby kid? Sorry, let me put this in a more educated manner... oh, I don't have to:

Quote from: DarkOne
"They started" is not a valid reason

It doesn't matter at all if you could potentially prove beyond all reasonable doubt that Asbest is the exclusive cause of all drama (hint: you can't) because if said drama has helped surface the real colors of some individuals or provoked them to step out of the line they equally deserve what has come to them.

Sure your friends are nice most of the time and you think Asbest isn't. Plenty of people in death row for a one time life mistake, it's not a valid excuse. And Asbest has been nothing but nice to me, personally, we even played haxball. It doesn't scape me what kind of person he is, though, yet to surface into the world.

And sure banning Asbest sooner would have prevented all this, but so would have banning those who danced with him, even though they didn't start no drama, they're still reacting wrongly to it. We should give no importance to whoever threw the first punch  if it ends in a cat fight.

I'm actually happy, there's too much fake poltiness in this community (corny as f@#!) but very little anger management.

I know plenty of people here that like to pose as Ghandi but would act as the biggest man babies if you manage to drop them to personal level (not a big task either, mind). You're clearly not one of those people HHC, but I also don't buy you don't have them plenty identified, even amongst those you enjoy playing with.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:32 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 08:14 AM »
`BIG` Bundy is Gay

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Crazy

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 08:46 AM »
Kids ruining a game made for kids, played by adults

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 09:11 AM »
Does this really need a sticky in announcements?

Offline ANO

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 09:36 AM »
buiiiiiii