Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:32 AM

Author Topic: HostingBuddy and TUS got connected!  (Read 11062 times)

Offline Alien

Re: HostingBuddy and TUS got connected!
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2015, 01:27 PM »
that's some great news here, awesome guys.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 10:17 AM »
this is how hb is connected with tus, by big border and f@#!ed up my mind or smt

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2015, 02:24 PM »
Bugs happen. We'll fix those.

@CyberShadow,
This is the map link and I've tested it offline, it DOES load fine but on hosting buddy it doesn't have borders, but only roof border.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2015, 11:52 PM »
this is how hb is connected with tus, by big border and f@#!ed up my mind or smt

I looked into this, and the run-down is "the map is broken, W:A doesn't care".

Long explanation:

This particular map was saved in BITMonkey, as you can see by looking at the map in a hex editor. BIT Monkey likes to advertise itself so much that it uses the first 12 bytes to show everyone what program the map was made in. Problem: the last 4 of those 12 bytes are actually used to indicate whether the map is a cavern (has a roof at the top) or not. Since those bytes are not zero, W:A will think this is a cavern level.

Now, you will not notice the effect of this if you simply load the map in the W:A map editor. This is because W:A will do some heuristics to determine if the map should have a roof or not (the map setting to change toggle the roof was added relatively recently). However, this doesn't happen if the map is received over the network.

I've now added some code to HB to detect BitMonkey maps and pretend they're not cavern. Reimplementing W:A's heuristics in HB is impossible, because that would involve decoding the .BIT map (not possible because this requires using a proprietary 32-bit Windows DLL, while HB is a 64-bit Linux program).

BTW, you can now also use the tools texture on HB.

Offline aik

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2015, 12:53 PM »
Because of the problem with HostingBuddy only accepting 'snooper' or 'normal' ranks, HB won't host when loged in via TUS-Secure-Login (see: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/tech-support/%28solved-%28but-not-for-tus-login%29%29-hostingbuddy-ingnores-me-when-i-use-a-snooper-27648/).

CyberShaddow pointed out, that the snoopers need to be changed for this to work again.

But wouldn't it be more "HostingBuddy and TUS connected", if HB would simply accept all ranks? (or if not - maybe in the meantime, until snoopers are fixed?)
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>