Forums
April 23, 2024, 06:29 PM

Author Topic: Wormnet nicks status  (Read 8851 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Wormnet nicks status
« on: October 08, 2011, 09:36 AM »
Started by pizzasheet here, I just tested to see how things would go with showing WN status on TUS, #AG channel specifically.
You can set your WN nickname on your TUS profile. This feature works completely independent from snooper. It doesn't check with secure logging in snoopers. It will try to match your TUS username or TUS WN nick against AG users list, so if you are connecting via snooper or connecting via the game itself, TUS will show you online.

If you are online in AG, TUS will show you online in your:

• Topics and comments display page under the online status below your name.
  • Profile page.
  • In online users list, you will be underlined. (idea by lacoste)

I'm monitoring here to make sure everything's fine. Don't panic if you saw errors, instead kindly report here :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 09:40 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Korydex

Re: Wormnet nicks status
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 09:39 AM »
Nice to see it works even if you're not using secure logging :)

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 09:50 AM »
very good !

Offline Casso

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 01:12 PM »
Nice Job ! ;)

This would have been +1 :'(

Offline Peja

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 01:14 PM »
hm nice stuff but i dont see much sense there. maybe someone can explain me the possible positve aftermath of this?

Offline Ray

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 01:16 PM »
When you have to play against someone in a Cup or Playoffs, you can see that they are online on WormNET so you have a better chance of actually catching them.

Offline Peja

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 01:34 PM »
1st: you need to setup your wormnet nick. and i am defitnitly to lazy to change it everytime i got a drop.
2nd: imo cupgames depends on the personal effort on both players, so the information: "he is in ag" wont help much. seems like i dont need to waste 10 seconds anymore to look if my cupmate is online.

dont get me wrong, its cool people think about how to come forward and i really appreaciate the efforts.
but maybe we should focus on creating clear rules about league/cup games or how to simplify the page instead of creating little add ons over and over.

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 02:03 PM »
+1 for peja :D

Offline Ray

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 02:07 PM »
That is the long-term plan, of course.

This add-on - as you put it - is just a way of trying how this system would work, how to get the information of someone being online and synchronising that with the database on this website.

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 02:12 PM »
wow! this baby definitly cool. thanks :D
Of course, if you suck as roper, you will still suck using finger roll, but you will suck better, faster, harder and more creatively than ever before!

Offline Peja

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 02:15 PM »
t ray

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 02:24 PM »
maybe we should focus on creating clear rules about league/cup games or how to simplify the page instead of creating little add ons over and over.

Are you having some solutions about clear rules about league/cup games or how to simplify the page?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Peja

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 02:42 PM »
maybe we should focus on creating clear rules about league/cup games or how to simplify the page instead of creating little add ons over and over.

Are you having some solutions about clear rules about league/cup games or how to simplify the page?

got something in my mind but but my post was more a general input about how to think about changes then  solution.

if you think its worth discussing about it then we should try.  but im not sure if more wormers see much need there.  it would be useless to debate about changing bng rules without involving komo for example.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 02:49 PM »
If you have a idea/solution you must be confident enough to say it. It's good to have Komo's ideas about BnG. There are other like KRD who would chip in too.
If you've made your mind, don't use this topic.

Offline Husk

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2011, 03:13 PM »
I really like this feature, awesome job.