Forums
April 25, 2024, 01:28 AM

Author Topic: Rating requirements in cups  (Read 637 times)

Offline HHC

Rating requirements in cups
« on: March 29, 2014, 12:13 AM »
Here's an idea:

We already have an option in cups to only let people in with a certain % of games played in cups in order to compete.
I think it would be pretty cool to have an additional option where you can set the minimum (or maximum?) rating that people need to sign up for a particular cup.

That way we can have leet cups with just leet players in them  8) It would surely encourage the oldschoolers to stay around, cause I'm pretty sure a lot of them aren't turned on anymore by cups where 80% are 'average' players and a gold medal is just an additional point in some ranking nobody really cares about  :-[.

And if it ever gets implemented... maybe allow only 1 or 2 of them at any time to be hosted, so that noobs still get plenty of chances to play in other cups.. And then count these leet tourneys to a special ranking.. called ProTour or something?  ;D
Might also encourage people to raise their TUS rating some, in order to compete with the tough guys in these cups.

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Rating requirements in cups
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 03:17 AM »
and which rating(s) is it?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Husk

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 12:05 PM »

And if it ever gets implemented... maybe allow only 1 or 2 of them at any time to be hosted, so that noobs still get plenty of chances to play in other cups.. And then count these leet tourneys to a special ranking.. called ProTour or something?  ;D
Might also encourage people to raise their TUS rating some, in order to compete with the tough guys in these cups.

reminds me of https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-95/

do u mean cups like that?

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 03:46 PM »
and which rating(s) is it?

depends :)

you can link it to the scheme that is entered (official elite scheme = system uses TUS classic elite); or better, make it an option to choose the rating you wanna use, that way you can also use TEL one or Overall one.