Forums
April 25, 2024, 01:53 AM

Author Topic: dST v3 S4 - Comments & Feedback  (Read 5710 times)

Offline piki1802

Re: dST v3 S4 - Comments & Feedback
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2015, 08:59 PM »
Jeez. Are we really going to fight over some rules?

Yes yes, lets all throw it on the rules which are quite clear! Man, if you let somebody rethrow, you shouldnt see it as some sort of good karma, and you shouldnt feel like he needs to do the same thing back! I always give my opponents a rethrow if they deserve it, no matter how angry I am. And still, if I lose that game because of the one rethrow I got, or even didnt get in this case, I will blame my opponent! Jk, its the outcome you get, you shouldnt get angry at your opponent.

Id say, change the rule to "on obvious accidents, your opponent has the right to let you rethrow." And ofc we would get talks about ya know, people taking advantage of it. But its not like we are in a huge group with over 1k people. Come to earth fellow wormers, we are in a community where every person knows each other. The frustration you get because of your opponent shouldnt be resulting into complaining about the rules. Solve it with them, cmon.

And yes, I am quite angry while posting this because I really saw how nice we can be to each other. Sometimes I just see this as a huge joke. People arguing about stuff, talking behind peoples backs, and these problems. Why can we get this frustrated about a game?

Ah well, will be seen as a drama maker here at the end of the day but I dont even care anymore
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:14 PM by piki1802 »

Offline Hurz

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2015, 09:05 PM »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2015, 09:11 PM »
Like I said to you earlier it was a show of poor sportsmanship what you done earlier...

..Accept it or not, it's the truth of the actions you took today

I said it 5 times.. I played 2 games just because I didn't want to go through without consencuenses.
If I'd knew it'll be better for other players to stop on 1st map I wouldn't come back.

I quitted cause I didn't want to play in that condition anymore. But also wanted to be punished for leaving game.
How is that unfair?

You attacked me on personal level just because I don't agree with one rule you've made!?
Calm down m8, go do some music ;)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:14 PM by Komito »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2015, 09:21 PM »
I said it 5 times.. I played 2 games just because I didn't want to go through without consencuenses.
If I'd knew it'll be better for other players to stop on 1st map I wouldn't come back.

You could say it as many times as possible for the rest of your life it still doesn't change the facts, I explained this to you before you even rejoined in the 1st place, if you were going to leave after the 2nd game you should have said so before you started the 2nd game, not during when people usually focus on the actual gameplay and not as much the gamechat.

I quitted cause I didn't want to play in that condition anymore. But also wanted to be punished for leaving game.
How is that unfair?

I've already explained how it's unfair, multiple times...

You attacked me on personal level just because I don't agree with one rule you've made!?

How have I attacked you on a personal level?

I said your actions were a show of poor sportsmanship, which they were, that's a fact it isn't an attack...

I never called you a liar, I said you didn't mention you were going to quit, because no one seen it, that isn't calling you a liar, if you remember I wasn't even playing the game, I was just spectating while I done other stuff on my other computer so I pretty much never even see any conversation.

You are making mountains out of molehills here while also failing to even understand what you done wrong in the 1st place.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2015, 10:09 PM »
Only thing what happened today was misunderstanding. When I said I'll finish, i thought on 2nd game, not whole tour. Prolly should be more specific, but it's over now. I apologize more than one time. Can do it again, but obviusly won't make difference. Coversation lost it's point 10 posts ago. Enjoy guys.

Offline Marko

• What is custom title lol

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• Heart wants what the heart wants
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2015, 11:51 PM »
I agree rules should be strict regarding rethrowing since I always feel bad when someone does a stupid throw and it feels bad not to let them rethrow, but this affects game balance and cannot be allowed.

Also, stop arguing over a match ffs, every two days there's an argument on TUS, like there are a bunch of girls registered, not alpha males.
Every time I come back to TUS, I realize my last signature was cringe

Offline Sensei

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2015, 12:10 AM »
failing to even understand what you done wrong in the 1st place.

When I was winning one tour and guy decided to leave in the middle of it, that tour got canceled and noone mentioned it again :)
Just because you didn't watch it and wasn't aware off, doesn't mean it didn't happened. ;)
I ragged about it but noone seemed to care.
But when Hurz rage on me doing that, I'm a fellon!? Hahah...

Offline spleen17

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2015, 12:26 AM »

When I was winning one tour and guy decided to leave in the middle of it, that tour got canceled and noone mentioned it again :)

If you are referring to that tour where I left, it is a different case because there were a lot of connection issues, it couldn't be finished in a reasonable amount of time.... I also said you could continue and score me 0 but the rest of you chose not to (again because of the connection issues).

This argument is completely pointless. What do you expect will come out of this? This shit is the exact reason Mulligans were introduced.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2015, 12:46 AM »
Really not point of the story. Btw, we all did tours with Adnan, so we get used to connection problems.. ;)

I'm glad you've come to this thread. When I was saying that random picker has it's flaws all you guys was saying I'm wrong. But today, you told me I was right and you decided to never again play with it.

And then, you also said: for random ds picker every player must agree, cause manual picks are first choice and basic of dSt!

Why I didn't know that before? And why other players always forced to play with picker? Isn't that job of senior players to introduce new ones in basic of the game? Believe me, I really didn't know I have right to choose manual picks before, and everytime I asked someone to do that they never agreed.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2015, 12:49 AM »
Why I didn't know that before? And why other players always forced to play with picker? Isn't that job of senior players to introduce new ones in basic of the game? Believe me, I really didn't know I have right to choose manual picks before, and everytime I asked someone to do that they never agreed.

It's all there in the rules thread...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2015, 01:14 AM »
And then, you also said: for random ds picker every player must agree, cause manual picks are first choice and basic of dSt!

Are you sure that's exactly what he said? It's not true in that way.

When dS Tours 1st started the host would pick 5 maps and use multipliers and dividers to balance out the scores, if you are interested in the history here you can read more:

Original dS Tours info thread

As a matter of fact you can find all the old dS related stuff in our Hall of fame board.

No one as far as I know is being forced to play with picker, and if they are the major cause is the fact people don't actually make the effort to read the rules:

READ THE RULES!!! <---- Click to read.

If you want to be part of any competitive event, it's a smart idea to maybe read the rules before you make false assumptions.

And just incase you still don't want to read all the rules i'll write the part you were concerned about here for you:

Quote from: From dS Tour rules
Using the dS Map Picker for dS Tours is optional, unless everyone agrees to use it, it cannot be used.
Once an individual picks a map, they may not use this map again for their next 2 tours, other players may however pick that map if they wish.

Further details on map picking:

Quote from: From dS Tour rules
If 3 players play, 6 maps must be played, each player picking 2 maps each.
If 4 players play, 4 maps must be played, each player picking 1 map each.
If 5 players play, 4 maps must be played, 4 lowest ranking players in Ladder picking 1 map each.
If 6 players play, 3 maps must be played, 3 lowest ranking players in Ladder picking 1 map each.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2015, 01:27 AM »
Yeah, was kinda forced, but also my mistake to didn't know the rules.

Almost forgot: pls remove "sandwich tour" I've won.
Day after I discovered that tour had 1 whole repick, and 2 sd repicks - myself and 2 other players wasn't familiar about that going on.
Unfair to them to lose by that circumstances. Guess random map picker isn't so random at times.

Offline piki1802

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2015, 06:41 AM »

Offline spleen17

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2015, 08:58 AM »
Yeah, was kinda forced, but also my mistake to didn't know the rules.

Almost forgot: pls remove "sandwich tour" I've won.
Day after I discovered that tour had 1 whole repick, and 2 sd repicks - myself and 2 other players wasn't familiar about that going on.
Unfair to them to lose by that circumstances. Guess random map picker isn't so random at times.

Wait, what? Who was doing the picking?

Offline Hurz

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2015, 03:30 PM »
i  did. and i expainedthe reppicks to hhi m later when he asked. my fault to do without telling tho.