Forums
April 23, 2024, 07:26 PM

Author Topic: Great Snooper | 3rd chapter  (Read 35766 times)

Offline Farco/Ghost

Re: Great Snooper | 3rd chapter
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2015, 03:01 AM »
Is it possible to make it where you can change your in-game name? >>
For God so love the world, that he give his only begotten son, that who so ever believes in Him, putting their faith and trust on him, they will not go to hell or devil, will never perish and will have everlasting life.

I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Offline Tomi

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2015, 11:28 AM »
I can't find where the game stores the user name.. if I would find it then maybe it would be possible to change it by the snooper.

Btw guys, keep waiting, here is a nice screenshot  xD

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2015, 08:55 PM »
My great snooper keeps crashing. Can you please fix this? I want to "shapeshift" on the #worms channel.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline StepS

« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2015, 11:38 AM »
I can't find where the game stores the user name..
It's in the win.ini file. GetProfileString and WriteProfileString to change it (or their .net equivalents)
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Tomi

« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2015, 05:02 PM »
btw i am working now on a big update which i hope will be really stable. so if you have any requests tell me NOW, not 1 day after I release an update ^^ btw this update will be released maybe next week or maybe the week after next week.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2015, 05:33 PM »
Tomi, why you don't dropdown list with names of games you last hosted?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2015, 06:06 PM »
btw i am working now on a big update which i hope will be really stable. so if you have any requests tell me NOW, not 1 day after I release an update ^^ btw this update will be released maybe next week or maybe the week after next week.

Hmm, GS is my favourite. It's small and have great transparency, but i use wheat snooper last few days because GS crashes every few minutes. Especially if he's working in the background. For example, when i finish 10 minutes game, must restart GS for joining #ag again or it won't show me who's online and which games are hosted.

So if you need to fix something, try repare that.
Maybe somehow manage it to use less mobile data, cause there's many wormers there using smartphone as a modem.

All in all, very nice little program, hope it will just get better through updates.
Ty for your effort, keep up the good work m8!

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2015, 06:39 PM »
My GS keeps crashing only when TUS is down oO

Offline Sensei

« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2015, 11:57 PM »
Wormer named @Senator told me that he fixed his crash problem on GS this way:

Options/Window/Energy safe modes (unmark both)

I tried and it works, GS didn't crash last 3-4 hours. Ty m8.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2015, 05:49 AM »
Quote from: Tomi
if you have any requests tell me NOW
hmmm...  hmmmmmm...
Recently I was thinking about all those small but annyoing problems with having few W:As (one with the latest update and another one with PX installed, for example). So, what about having 2 W:A slots instead of just one? Like that:
Spoiler! View

Sensei, seems that doesn't work for me D:
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Tomi

« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2015, 07:13 AM »
Tomi, why you don't dropdown list with names of games you last hosted?
Hm, maybe I can do this

... but i use wheat snooper last few days because GS crashes every few minutes. Especially if he's working in the background ...

Maybe somehow manage it to use less mobile data, cause there's many wormers there using smartphone as a modem.
The first problem is that the so called EnergySave mode doesn't work on some system well. It can be turned off as said in 2-3 posts ago.

The 2nd request is done I guess. It is using really the minimum data transfer to work. If I would add an option to turn off flags and ranks then it could be minimized more, but dunno if people would like that or not.

My GS keeps crashing only when TUS is down oO
This is a win xp problem. To be honest I haven't really tested the snooper on xp, but to do it ^^

@WTF-8: hm this is also a good idea I think people who have 2 wa installed would like it.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2015, 07:21 AM »
Thanks, Tomi.

If I would add an option to turn off flags and ranks then it could be minimized more, but dunno if people would like that or not.

You can just left "Download flags and ranks" checked by default, who don't need it will uncheck it themself. Flexibility is a good thing. But not always ahuahuaha
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 07:28 AM by XanKriegor »

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2015, 10:59 AM »
I noticed a visual issue:

Some letters like 'g' and 'j' look like 'q' and 'i' when are showed near the input window. This creates confusion in some cases.

EDIT: Sometimes there is no problem with it  :-X
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:01 AM by Xrayez »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2015, 08:22 PM »
Ye, the last line in chat and the user names right side have this little bug.. In new version I will change it.. the progress is about 60%.. unfortunately i can't really work on it coz i am busy with my family.. maybe in august i will have more time for coding ^^

And guys, you can still translate GS for your language if you want to ;) Just message me ;)

Russian, Polish and Hungarian languages will be available so far besides English.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:27 PM by Tomi »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2015, 05:27 PM »
Hi guys!

I just want to ask your opinion.. in next version I will remove back text (I am back!), coz it's annoying.. is anyone against this?