Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:11 PM

Poll

Do you think the 15 games limit must be changed?

Yes
22 (91.7%)
No
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: 15 games limit alternative criteria  (Read 2703 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

15 games limit alternative criteria
« on: May 14, 2016, 10:48 AM »
If you have an idea about alternative criteria for the current 15 games limit, please share.
The criteria shouldn't be "increasing the limit", but preferably some sort of formula.

If sounds good, I'll try to make it for season #51.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Sbaffo

Re: 15 games limit alternative criteria
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 11:37 AM »
This was my idea:

Removing game limits, first of all, would be the best thing to do. Whilst we should put MANUALLY (doesn't require a formula, just a click tho i guess) limits to players who abuse newcomers or that get disputed by a large part of the community (example: Asbest). I'd put also to those who ask tus only in private, but that's just a personal problem with those kind of people...

I want limits to be removed because everyday there are at least 3 or 4 tus active players that i can't manage to play because of limits, and i guess i'm not the only one. This makes league inactive (limits = less games played).

How do we not abuse the criteria i've just wrote here? Simple, prove everyone that you're not an avoider!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:52 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 02:29 PM »
I can't change my vote. I personally would vote in the option "not sure" if we had one, I wanna say yes but noobasher abusers come in mind.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline spleen17

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 03:27 PM »
Personally I think it would best to decide it on a case by case basis. So when two players reach their game limit they can post in some forum for their games to get extended. Mods can decide based on the score of the first 15 games, how they were arranged, etc.

If it's just two players who are very active in tus and their first 15 games were pretty even then no problem.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 03:32 PM by spleen17 »

Offline Triad

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 12:19 AM »
To avoid noob bashing, just put a rule like "If someone abuses system by other ways that are not mentioned in rules, admin has right to deal with the problem manually."

Offline Senator

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 09:43 AM »
Raising the limits means more games between active players -> more difficult for less active players to get in playoffs.

Therefore something like ropa said would be cool. Maybe cut the base points to half after 15 games?

Also what spleen17 said. Or more games only against top 20.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 03:59 PM by Senator »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 01:48 PM »
Raising the limits means more games between active players -> more difficult for less active players to get in playoffs.

Therefore something like ropa said would be cool. Maybe cut the base points to half after 15 games?

it still allows noobashers to avoid

Offline Husk

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 06:55 PM »
aeee me and vesuvio can't play together anymore, he won shopper but can't report... o_O

the shopper was our last game =P so we can't play my pick hysteria now!

Online vesuvio

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 09:22 PM »
hello is this game limits raising thing worken yet ?

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 11:01 PM »
You would think they would make the game limit an even number so both players get their pick surely?

That was clever making it an odd number ;) :D

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 11:04 PM »
You would think they would make the game limit an even number so both players get their pick surely?

That was clever making it an odd number ;) :D

many people play 3 games
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 11:26 PM »
I'm only teasing btw, but based on 2 pick system, 16 or 14 or 20 would be a better number surely.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 02:10 AM »
16 or 14 or 20 would be a better number surely.

Why you didn't mention 18 then?
It's the only number that can be divided with 2 and 3  ???

Online vesuvio

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 02:11 AM »
yea increasing the game limit would be wonderfull

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 03:47 AM »
Why you didn't mention 18 then?
It's the only number that can be divided with 2 and 3  ???

Cuz i'm ill and didn't catch it :(