Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:59 AM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 41233 times)

Offline pr

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #570 on: August 23, 2016, 08:07 AM »
Wow guys great discussion right here  8)
When it comes to the pure skill Hysteria is not the lowest skill dependent game among all classic schemes.
My opinion: EU > NA Kappa and
rr > elite > bng > hysteria > wxw > roper > t17 > shoppa
Also, when you discuss something that means you are not dead, right? So keep it up guys  :-*

Offline Almog

« Reply #571 on: August 23, 2016, 08:56 AM »
Why did it get abandoned?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 23, 2016, 08:57 AM »

that's so wrong I can't even

there's so many people that would be among the top in hysteria in one week if they could be bothered playing the bloody scheme to begin with

try that in any rope scheme, there is no comparison. if we're talking about skill, hysteria takes none. I can be competitive in hysteria right now by just thinking about it for 5 minutes. Me and anyone who has bare notions of elite, bng and competitive worms. There's no unique skill attached to the scheme other than using hotkeys.

Some people really need to start listening and stop adding all these silly angles to a discussion that's been long settled, basically since the day of the scheme's conception and you can quote the creator on that.

what we have here is not even a bunch but a few guys who just don't want to see their only ticket into competitive worms gone, that is, because learning any other scheme would take them much more effort and skill, never mind several.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:02 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #573 on: August 23, 2016, 09:42 AM »
For those who don't know what's happening, basically there has been an overpowered tactic discovered in Hysteria involving killing 3 of your worms (you're left with 1), then forcing Sudden Death, darksiding and teleporting everywhere, due to the short and easy-to-plow-through round time and infinite teleports. This tactic is so overpowered, that is forces the opponent to only have ONE, SINGLE[!] lucky shot at the opponent and that's it. If the opponent doesn't know this tactic, they are boned.

Offline Almog

« Reply #574 on: August 23, 2016, 10:27 AM »

if we're talking about skill, hysteria takes none.

If it's all luck (i.e. no skills), then how come I'm currently having 100% winning ratio (in 9 games) instead of 50%?

In my opinion, this is the correct order:

rr > elite > bng > wxw > hysteria > t17 >  shoppa  >  roper

And it's not because no skill is needed in roper, but because the crates' locations will determine the winner.

Offline theredi

« Reply #575 on: August 23, 2016, 11:44 AM »
@peja, slayer, theredi,

Those discussions belonged to the refugee thread. Please use the site PM function to discuss it further among yourselves.
Offtopic posts deleted.

maybe we want others to have opportunity to say somethig also? why u delete them? cant u just move them? this is pathetic. keep it going and no wonder forum will die.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 11:46 AM by theredi »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 23, 2016, 11:53 AM »
If it's all luck (i.e. no skills), then how come I'm currently having 100% winning ratio (in 9 games) instead of 50%?

I never said it was luck. I said the learning curve is small and simple to dominate because the competition is scarce. A great example is yourself, having a 100% winning ratio when I assume you've probably played more Ropers in your life and you couldn't even dream of having that ratio in the latter.

It's like when MPH and Dope won Elite clanners left and right because no one could elite. Or when Kiros and Flamie did the same with Shopper.

And even if we're talking about different things, in your own logic, having roper last when you have Team17 there is borderline stupid. No offense, I just think you're argumentation is incredibly biased on the basis you can't rope for shit.

When was the last time someone dominated Team17? It was never a thing. Because anyone can get screwed or go for the draw providing a minimum amount of skill. Someone playing a perfect roper and losing, a myth more than anything else.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 11:57 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #577 on: August 23, 2016, 09:50 PM »
rr > elite > bng > wxw > hysteria > t17 >  shoppa  >  roper

Ok, you're trying to compare apples to pears here, ok? Roping Scheme =/= Ground Scheme

Offline Husk

« Reply #578 on: August 24, 2016, 11:08 AM »
what's wrong with mole? kami seems like the worse choice from the two

there been many tested schemes not only the 5 sec but also with worm selection, random turn order, a few select worms in inventory...

but I think mole should be enough