Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:58 AM

Author Topic: Converting TNL squads to clanner  (Read 4044 times)

Offline Chicken23

Re: Converting TNL squads to clanner
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 07:56 AM »
oh. i see what his argument is now. Inter isnt a luck scheme, it requires alot of skill. I used to play it seriously in some of the first CWT seasons! And yea, if u say inter is luck, then t17 is luck, shopper is luck, the wind in bng is luck, the cr8 placement in roper is luck, the placement in hysteria is luck, the weapons in wxw is luck. We may aswell just all rr without parachutes!

Offline pr

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 08:00 AM »
oh. i see what his argument is now. Inter isnt a luck scheme, it requires alot of skill. I used to play it seriously in some of the first CWT seasons! And yea, if u say inter is luck, then t17 is luck, shopper is luck, the wind in bng is luck, the cr8 placement in roper is luck, the placement in hysteria is luck, the weapons in wxw is luck. We may aswell just all rr without parachutes!

Tom, I thought that you are a mature person but I doubt now :)
nvm

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 08:04 AM »
i see ur point now, hence my other post about all playing rr without parachutes lol. Every scheme has an element of luck in it tho pr, thats what makes worms fun. But schemes also involve skill and using tactics to increase or decrease the factor of luck to ones advantage.

Bng is an expection, when u have two nice pros playing its normally a fair and nice game, bng is all about sportmanship, and people can dig and rape and stuff, and that normally results in other people playing to a similar standard. But when both players have respect for the honour in bng u get nice games.

T17 you can attack, make kills with weapons like uzi's, zooks, mortor suicides, mines, and use ur shit weapons too when u have skill. But i admit, it doesnt take skill to place a nana under a worm. But i think you judge everyone in t17 to just block every turn after getting a cr8. This rarely happens in any of the t17 games i play in. I probably don't even use my 7 griders that we've argued about before. But i still like the option of having to protect me from when i dont have luck on my side and play a defensive game. And normally when u block and lose control of map someone is gonna pick up a powerful weapon and finish you off anyway.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 08:10 AM »
i dont have a problem with the duration of inter, i like it as a scheme. My first point was tho that most people do have a problem with its duration??? And fitting a bo3 scheme into a bo1 schemed league could be a problem!

Hence if people decide on picks before a match starts they'll see someone wants to inter and accept of decline the match depending on the time they have and won't be subjected to someone reporting a game that never played as they refused in the first place.

Instead of a situation where i pick rr, we play it, u pick inter, i dont wanna play cus too long and you report a free win cus i refused.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 08:47 AM »
@pr, You can say any scheme is noob or worthless if you define it that way. Inter being called a noob scheme is exactly because other people define it that way. They exaggerate luck factors and disrespect the scheme. In any other scheme you can do the same. I'm on Intermediate's side, but I see no reason to disrespect other schemes.

@BnG,
I really don't know why people confuse BnG with basketball. You are playing to beat your opponent, not making a film out of good shots. If someone is digging, he is giving you many free turns (until he reaches you), why you wanna waste your free turns?
If you insist on playing basketball in worms, then invent a new scheme, make the land indestructible.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 02:55 PM »
I am still rather on Tom's side on this BnG thing to be honest, sorry about that Monkey, but you know that, I learned BnG that way. :)

Offline beer

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 03:48 PM »
lol always are ppl who try things which are ok
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 03:52 PM by beer »

drama queen iz back

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 04:49 PM »
i dont know where the whole luck argument came from, i didnt see any1 bash intermediate in this thread, and players already proved it takes skill in the past...

WA and luck go hand in hand no matter what scheme it is, without luck i think the game would be pretty boring, it makes you think of all the posibilities and how you are going to handle them

inter players feel very strongly about playing it bo3, which is the biggest reason it got seperated, not because its a noob scheme... we really shouldnt treat it any different from the other schemes if its mixed in the classic league, the "bo3 is fairer" argument would be true for EVERY scheme...

and what about PO if we change squads to clanners? i think the required games played should be a little lower then the normal league, because i think it will take a little longer for the games to build up, since its bo3

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 08:43 AM »
ok, since no one is continuing it, I'll convert TNL squads to clanners. So that people can play Intermediate for clanners.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2009, 09:49 AM »
Or just leave Intermediate for ONL...

Offline Koras

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 11:07 AM »
ok, since no one is continuing it, I'll convert TNL squads to clanners. So that people can play Intermediate for clanners.
yeah cool, unfortunately squads failed.... was really hard to find any opponents :-[
I played only vs pr,jakka,tenori and vs fefes:) felo,feche,elbrujo.

Ray I dont think its good idea, intermediate is more popular now... so lets give tnl a chance.

pr aka forum troll  ;D

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 11:15 AM »
As Koras mentioned too, Ray TNL is not dying. Maybe squads but not TNL.

Look at seasons info, TNL singles is increasing from season to season.
and since when I gave up what I worked for this much easy? xD

Offline Ray

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 03:42 PM »
I know you never do, but sometimes I think some parts are basically unnecessary, it is better to have one really active classic league than spearating the site into 3 different leagues and have a small activity in the rest. That was just an example, not like it was true.

Offline Koras

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 05:51 PM »
zzZ I want play tnl clanners:)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 05:56 PM »
You gotta wait for v1.9 Koras. Soon ^^, play TNL single more!