Forums
April 19, 2024, 05:13 AM

Author Topic: Last clanner playoff was 4 seasons ago. Time to do something?  (Read 14054 times)

Re: Last clanner playoff was 4 seasons ago. Time to do something?
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2014, 02:19 AM »
Berria, your idea is not bad and this is not hard to implement. However, I wonder if people would actually use it. If so, how would it help clanner (and not just single league).
Ray, I am not against going on ventrilo for a discussion. Nevertheless, I wonder if we won't have some timezone issues.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2014, 06:49 AM »
TUS need new ppl, thats the clue.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2014, 10:10 AM »
avi I never said a 6 year old could master any scheme, I said they could learn them all, everything about WA is very simple, it's a very easy game to learn, 6 year olds are damn clever these days man, they can fully use iPads and everything, what would be so hard about WA to them LOL.

I do agree with avi about the CF thing, they were unfortunately the only clan that was ever THAT strict.

I would absolutely love to be in a clan that strict in order to whoop CF but it will never happen haha.

Hmm, I guess Hysteria is like marmite, you either love it or hate it...

Offline Korydex

« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2014, 10:36 AM »
del
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:11 PM by Korydex »

Offline Ray

« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2014, 11:45 AM »
Ray, I am not against going on ventrilo for a discussion. Nevertheless, I wonder if we won't have some timezone issues.
I doubt that's something we couldn't solve. :)

Well, you can all have whatever opinions and standpoints about our clan, but the most important thing to me is that we had an awfully great time playing with each other and competing with everyone, one that I would never trade for anything else. Hell, if I spent all that time with studying I would have a PhD by now... :) But we are also proud of our results, and that was mostly due to strict management. But anyway, I think we discussed this enough, I would love to continue this conversation with anyone, just let's try and keep it out of this thread.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 12:09 PM by Ray »

Offline rU`

« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2014, 12:05 PM »
We all know the way CF has always operated. But Ray, don't tell me you need a mic in order to play a team game; because in my opinion, that is laughable.

Yes, but we haven't done our job well in transmitting our knowledge and habits to the new generations. People just boot newbies from their host, or never host public classic games.  Tell me, how are you going to convince lazy moleshoppa players to start playing rope and elite?

Nobody cares to teach new players anymore and there you go, community split, evolved into something else or whatever you wanna call it.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Ray

« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2014, 12:12 PM »
But Ray, don't tell me you need a mic in order to play a team game; because in my opinion, that is laughable.
Well, then start laughing. It's like crack, once you get used to it, there's hardly any turning back.

Yes, but we haven't done our job well in transmitting our knowledge and habits to the new generations. People just boot newbies from their host, or never host public classic games.  Tell me, how are you going to convince lazy moleshoppa players to start playing rope and elite?

Nobody cares to teach new players anymore and there you go, community split, evolved into something else or whatever you wanna call it.
I will note that too as one of the reasons for our "problems".

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2014, 02:49 PM »
avi I never said a 6 year old could master any scheme, I said they could learn them all, everything about WA is very simple, it's a very easy game to learn, 6 year olds are damn clever these days man, they can fully use iPads and everything, what would be so hard about WA to them LOL.

Because iPads are built to be used by moms and kids. WA is extremely complex in comparison, the amount of hotkeys in a keyboard with all those unused buttons?

Are you implying that home tech gets harder as we move on in time?

Stop looking at the world through your own common sense, you need to realize that once you come to your own conclusions about something and you somehow manage to get it all wrong, and I mean literally, you come to the opposite realization of what actually goes on in the real world by yourself. Why don't you pick up a book for once? And stop relying on your own clearly flawed interpretation?

Kids can use ipads! They can probably use MS-DOS and play Dwarf Fortress! It's stupid, you're stupid.

Technology is idiot-proof nowadays. Back in the day... never mind, you don't need spoon feeding, you need to be put on a severe gain diet to fix that perspective of yours. Damn red-neck.

All your posts in this thread have been the same, you try so hard to have an unique opinion you manage to come up with the worst shit ever and derail the conversation to unpractical places.

Sigh
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2014, 03:18 PM »

People have been kicked from games since day 1, this isn't something new...

In 1999 - 2005 Ropers looked cool, now, they don't... People just don't want that anymore and I cannot for the life of me understand why you lot can't understand that lol...

Goldeneye was one of the best games I ever played in my life, I played it non-stop for several years with my friends, now, I can't be bothered with it, it just isn't up there with what's available presently, I tried playing it earlier this year and I didn't even last 10 minutes before I was bored of it...

When you say nobody cares to teach anymore, this just isn't true, most people I hang out with on WA are very generous players who are willing to teach and encourage anyone !

Take a look at Hurz in dS, he's one of the most friendly guys i've ever met on WA, he is constantly explaining to people how to play Darts/BnA/Abnormal and other schemes he is passionate about, I can say the same for the rest of dS, they are very friendly and helpful players...

Almost all of the "regulars" on TuS (the people who actively play and post in forums) are generally quite friendly & helpful online as well.

You cannot force people to be interested in something that used to be fun but is old and boring today.

Offline Triad

« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2014, 03:48 PM »
Today I made 3 of my real life friends' mind to install WA. :D I'll try to teach this game and I hope I can teach some stuffs to them like I did with AsiLL.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:50 PM by Triad »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2014, 01:59 PM »
theres discussions of making the number of games required for POs to be 40 and removing the 50% winning ratio rule.

Hopefully this will give us playoffs again and easier criteria for more inactive clans to reach playoffs and bring some interested in clanning again as the lack of POs for past 4 seasons has probably been a negative factor in all this.

« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2014, 05:00 PM »

Now's your chance to fix that and even win money in the process :)

Also, what Chicken said.

Offline ArsGoetia

« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2014, 11:54 PM »
I'd like to see those all players who are commenting here, at least peering WA lol ... when we will see players like:

Zippeurfou
Aerox
Ray
DarkOne
Anubis
Fenice
Triad
Xrayez
darKz
Komito
Casso
senator
Ryan
Korydex

clanning, we would have easily clanners PO

here we have 14 f@#!ING PLAYERS, sorry for this dudes, but here u're talking BS, why do u guys comment here btw ??? have u ever at least play clanner lately??? do u comment here because u want to be popular ??? U CAN'T SAY U'RE COMMENTING HERE CUZ U WANT TO DO SOMETHING TO THIS LACK OF CLANNERS ROFL, we have no ''new'' players clanning and we won't have new players if this clan league is totally inactive..

Money WON'T FIX ANYTHING, what would happen donating $50 000 ?? all ''pro'' players would be recruited in a clan and they simply gain the money... easy lol

If u guys really want to do something take the break to comment here  AND JOIN WA AND FKING PLAAAY !!!
[GrW`AnGsT-tgH] hey, have you noticed that Komo always makes the maps a little smaller on one side?
[``GrW-ROp3Rz`] yes, I think that is cross-eyed

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2014, 09:35 AM »
I do play WA, the only scheme I enjoy now though is Darts, it is very hard for me to find a clan that meets my needs.

I would prefer to play Free League clanners than Classic, Classic schemes are extremely boring for me now, and there are less clans to play FL than CL...

Offline darKz

« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2014, 11:46 AM »
Roperz, I don't play when I know I won't have fun - this is a game, not work.
You missed pretty much all of the points made in this thread (did you even read it?), but at least you got one thing right: money won't change anything in the long run.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010