Forums
April 16, 2024, 09:09 PM

Author Topic: Last clanner playoff was 4 seasons ago. Time to do something?  (Read 14048 times)

Offline Crazy

Re: Last clanner playoff was 4 seasons ago. Time to do something?
« Reply #165 on: September 29, 2014, 08:24 AM »
wa was gettin only worse since 2012. now theres nothin left. time to get off the boat or ppl just gonna smite u ;)

Great attitude.. One ting for sure, WA aint gonna get any better with your kind of attitude. There's always been periods where WA has felt dead/inactive, its nothing new. But if you think that means there is nothing left, you are completely wrong Kory

Offline Peja

« Reply #166 on: September 29, 2014, 12:42 PM »
kory has every right to complain, since he played more clanners in the last 3 months as you did in the past 3 years  ;D

« Reply #167 on: September 29, 2014, 08:15 PM »
Still, he could have also tried to play an active role in improving wa, instead of complaining only. Matter of attitude, as Crazy put it ;)

Offline Devilage

« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2014, 06:31 AM »
Sucks to play when too many ppl are playin with rope cheats, I mean the best of W:A was EAC, now what? u spend money on cheaters? just stick to ground games, at least the cheatz arent to risky for us that don't cheat.

Smoking proud.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2014, 06:45 AM »
You mean using two spaces cheat too? By the way in my opinion roping depends on your keyboard too: some average roper became pro after they bought an expensive kb. There are also cheap kbs which are really good for roping, but if you have bought a not so good kb (+- keylock), then you will hardly be a good player till you use that.

And at ground schemes there are also some chats, like monitor markers.. jeez that should look funny.. I imagine when somebody asks a player who use markers: "what the hell is that?" and he/she says: "I use that to cheat in bng, hyst, elite..". What a shame!!

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2014, 12:35 PM »
As mentioned, the playoff settings are changing and we're just waiting on MI to code these.

It currently looks like this season will have playoffs. 3 clans have already made more than 40 games.

« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2014, 10:11 PM »
RIP TUS we hardly knew ye.
Here comes the snow

Offline Senator

« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2014, 12:06 PM »
That could easily be solved by using league performance rating, rather than having a seasonal rating. The amount of wins or games is not important, rather the percentage of wins matters as well as the average rating of your opponent.

Don't you think that would mean more avoiding and activity decrease? Do we have enough players to separate high and low rated players?

As mentioned, the playoff settings are changing and we're just waiting on MI to code these.

It currently looks like this season will have playoffs. 3 clans have already made more than 40 games.

Good news! I assume there will be no longer winning ratio requirement? Only three clans with 40 games have >40% winning ratio.

Offline darKz

« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2014, 08:59 PM »
I'm afraid that lowering the playoff requirements may only be a temporary solution until the next drop in activity arrives.. Still better than doing nothing at all I guess.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2014, 09:52 PM »
That could easily be solved by using league performance rating, rather than having a seasonal rating. The amount of wins or games is not important, rather the percentage of wins matters as well as the average rating of your opponent.
Don't you think that would mean more avoiding and activity decrease? Do we have enough players to separate high and low rated players?

As I've mentioned, that is a possible downside to using league performance rating. LPR is still something you can improve on by playing more games and winning, though. But that will depend on who you're playing. If you only play people with low rating, then your winning percentage will go up, but the average rating of your opponent goes down. (one factor increases LPR, the other decreases it). But the problem you want to solve is that people who aren't that active because others can play TUS far more actively have an edge with regards to playoffs. This will reduce that edge. People who play a lot of TUS now will still play a lot of TUS if we implement LPR, though.
A couple of things could be done to still keep people active if avoiding is to become a problem - we could hide the league performance rating until it's time for playoffs (gives another edge of tension, doesn't it?) or we could impose activity rules - no games in the final week (or 2 weeks) - no playoffs.

As for having enough players - TUS has been active for 6 years. By now, ratings should quite accurately display how strong someone is at certain schemes (except for people who only recently joined and whose rating has not yet caught up to their actual skill)

Offline Lukz

« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 04:25 PM by Lukz »

Offline Korydex

« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2016, 08:52 AM »
del
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:14 PM by Korydex »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2016, 11:42 AM »
MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM  MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM  MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM  MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM MATCHMAKING SYSTEM

Offline Chelsea

Offline spleen17

« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2016, 12:33 PM »
How does that help clanners?