Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:25 PM

Author Topic: Leagues Rules  (Read 10431 times)

Offline Peja

Re: Leagues Rules
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 08:27 PM »
thats the reason i suggest since years to put all rules on 1 place  ;)

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/announcements/your-pick-my-pick-11825/

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 05:12 AM »
Added to "Proceeding" section.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2023, 08:50 AM »
I would pay attention to the league schemes, which do not have a detailed description of the rules. It is important.

In my case, I encountered a misunderstanding in the cup between players who did not turn on RacingStuff (/rs), before the start of the game. I think that this should be spelled out in the rules of the schemes, especially since it is marked as a league scheme. If scheme author cannot do this, I can make scheme copy with a detailed description.

League schemes that need to be fixed in my opinion:

- Parachute Race (there are no details about the rules of the game in this mode, it is not said about RacingStuff)
- Golf (Grenades explode after being thrown, at the same time, the Hosting Buddy golf scheme has a function for the grenade to disappear after being thrown, a racing staff module would be useful here, so as not to interfere with other players, and also so that other players do not interfere with each other’s play)
- CTF (The number of worms for 1x1 2x2 3x3 is not specified)
- Holy War (same like CTF)
- wFw (same like CTF)
- Bungee Race (same like CTF + since this is racing, I would mention the racing stuff (/rs) module, as well as the number of victories (best of), number of worms etc.")
- SSR (nothing is said about the number of worms in the team, as well as about racing stuff (rs) )
- Boom Race (i see nothing about Boom Racing module (/boom) )
- Kaos (didnt see number of worms per team if 1x1, 2x2, 3x3)
- Wascar (no rules about number of worms, racing stuff)

I understand that some rules are obvious, but let's be realistic. In my Wheel of Fortune cup, races were played in which the players did not think to include the racing stuff module, since this was not indicated in the rules of the scheme. Yes, I could add this to my rules, but when playing in a league, players must know the rules exactly, down to the smallest detail. This is necessary, of course.

If an admin or mod is willing to update the schemas for the leagues, perhaps I could help with that.

Thank you for the attention.

Peace.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 10:25 AM by Lancelot »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2023, 09:56 AM »
Thanks for taking time and gathering the list. I'll check it and update the official schemes accordingly.

Please note that league section is different from cups. A cup moderator can have custom rule about their schemes so they are not restricted to the official league schemes.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2023, 10:10 AM »
By the way, Boom Racing Stuff and Racing Stuff are obsolete. You can update a scheme to 3.8 to include Phased Worms. It's pretty simple, you don't need to type any command before every match and it is more complete, because you can make it the way you want with all the individual possibilities. You don't even need to set the power of the weapons to 21+ to make them disappear if you set phased worms.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2023, 10:27 AM »
Thanks for taking time and gathering the list. I'll check it and update the official schemes accordingly.

Please note that league section is different from cups. A cup moderator can have custom rule about their schemes so they are not restricted to the official league schemes.

Yes, but it so happens that the league schemes are quite suitable for my cup. Then something happened that I did not expect - some important rules were missing, as well as outdated schemes. So anyway it needs updating

By the way, Boom Racing Stuff and Racing Stuff are obsolete. You can update a scheme to 3.8 to include Phased Worms. It's pretty simple, you don't need to type any command before every match and it is more complete, because you can make it the way you want with all the individual possibilities. You don't even need to set the power of the weapons to 21+ to make them disappear if you set phased worms.

Exactly  :)

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2023, 09:53 PM »
As I once promised to detail the shortcomings of the league's schemes, I will do so here and now  :)

So, I am writing only my point of view, and I want other players who know to also participate in the discussion.

I will a list of schemes and comment on each of them:

TTRR - everything is fine. The last two sentences, which are related to scheme rules, can be eliminated by customizing the scheme. Turn off rope knocking and turn on Racing Stuff or similar thing

WxW is fine too.
I have a question about AFC. Is this relevant or not? In all the time I've been playing this scheme, I've never seen anyone attack from a parachute.

Shopper is ok but...
In the description of the rules, I read that shopper is played without the AFR rule. Is this really true or is it a typo?
And what does CWC mean?

The rules of the scheme are written here, and nothing more.
Let's say the scheme is current.
In this case, I think the standard is 4 worms per team for 1v1 and 2 worms for 2v2

I didn't play this scheme. But I can assume that there is no need to have more than one worm in the team.
And also enable racing stuff and disable worms knocking?
As for the rules, I like the system that is described in the BigRR scheme, where they count by time.
But I think some players could answer this question more specifically - how to determine the winner?

Despite the obvious, I would indicate the number of worms in the team (1 worm), and also enable a mode that would allow the super sheep to be launched through the worms of other players, and also so that the explosion does not scatter the worms.
I think Boomrace mode (/boom) would be a good option.

I would suggest replacing the standard boom race scheme with this one by JayX. Firstly, it would be more like a boom race. Secondly, the scheme uses a rubber and allows you to move around the map during the turn.
Standard Boom Race league scheme is morally outdated, it seems to me that it requires improvement, and the rubberworm allows this to be done. In this case, this is replacing scheme with a more modern version.

1 worm per team, S2F rules, turn on boom race mode before the game (perhaps this is already configured in the scheme)
Also the question is how to determine the winner? or allow a draw without counting time, as is done in BigRR

Scheme where there was recently a dispute after the WoF сup game.
Apparently, the time has come to finally resolve this issue.
So how do you decide the winner?
Or can this also be considered a draw?
Or count seconds, as is done in BigRR? Which is better?

And yes, the lack of rules for the scheme...1 worm per player, turn on the racing stuff before the game...s2f, etc.

There is also a question about whether it is worth doing a fixed wind every turn or not?
In real time versions of this scheme there are two modes - no wind and random wind.

There are no rules here, there is no essence of playing this scheme... I mean, nothing is specified.

I've only played battle race a couple of times. 1 worm per player, s2f, walk/jump races around the map, use weapons to slow down the enemy, and in this sense everything else...

Are there any prohibited things that cannot be done in this scheme?
Also the question is how to determine the winner? or allow a draw without counting time, as is done in BigRR

Honestly, I don't understand the point of this scheme, nor how it got into free league.
I think there are more interesting designs to replace the elemental. Grenade Wars, for example.
It’s been a long time since there have been similar votes and other things to add or remove any scheme to the league.

Since the Fort scheme is one of my favorite schemes, I should write a few words about the league scheme
This scheme is most suitable for large maps, because there is a banana bomb, sheep launcher.
Small maps will be destroyed quite quickly, and the fact that there are two homing missiles available makes the game even easier when the opponent has a small number of worms left.

This scheme is outdated and needs to be updated. First of all, this is disabling the explosion of grenades, as well as the ability to crawl onto the opponent’s worms. You can also make an endless jetpack and add flight speed to it, so as not to waste a lot of turn time changing holes. This one i made for my WoF Cup and also use it when I play golf. this is the hosting buddy scheme.

I would like to say a few words about the T17 TRL scheme. I often play this scheme with friends, and also in the T17 2x2 cup.
I noticed that the banana often falls out and upsets the balance.
It may be worth reconsidering the drop rate of this weapon, but the banana bomb can decide the outcome of the match.

At the moment, this is all that I managed to notice when studying the rules and schemes of the league, as well as some of the things that players encountered when playing my WoF Cup

I hope that some players will not be indifferent, because you play the league more often than me.

I will wait for answers and comments

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2023, 10:15 PM »
As I once promised to detail the shortcomings of the league's schemes, I will do so here and now  :)

So, I am writing only my point of view, and I want other players who know to also participate in the discussion.

I will a list of schemes and comment on each of them:

TTRR - everything is fine. The last two sentences, which are related to scheme rules, can be eliminated by customizing the scheme. Turn off rope knocking and turn on Racing Stuff or similar thing

WxW is fine too.
I have a question about AFC. Is this relevant or not? In all the time I've been playing this scheme, I've never seen anyone attack from a parachute.

Shopper is ok but...
In the description of the rules, I read that shopper is played without the AFR rule. Is this really true or is it a typo?
And what does CWC mean?

The rules of the scheme are written here, and nothing more.
Let's say the scheme is current.
In this case, I think the standard is 4 worms per team for 1v1 and 2 worms for 2v2

I didn't play this scheme. But I can assume that there is no need to have more than one worm in the team.
And also enable racing stuff and disable worms knocking?
As for the rules, I like the system that is described in the BigRR scheme, where they count by time.
But I think some players could answer this question more specifically - how to determine the winner?

Despite the obvious, I would indicate the number of worms in the team (1 worm), and also enable a mode that would allow the super sheep to be launched through the worms of other players, and also so that the explosion does not scatter the worms.
I think Boomrace mode (/boom) would be a good option.

I would suggest replacing the standard boom race scheme with this one by JayX. Firstly, it would be more like a boom race. Secondly, the scheme uses a rubber and allows you to move around the map during the turn.
Standard Boom Race league scheme is morally outdated, it seems to me that it requires improvement, and the rubberworm allows this to be done. In this case, this is replacing scheme with a more modern version.

1 worm per team, S2F rules, turn on boom race mode before the game (perhaps this is already configured in the scheme)

Scheme where there was recently a dispute after the WoF сup game.
Apparently, the time has come to finally resolve this issue.
So how do you decide the winner?
Or can this also be considered a draw?
Or count seconds, as is done in BigRR? Which is better?

And yes, the lack of rules for the scheme...1 worm per player, turn on the racing stuff before the game...s2f, etc.

There is also a question about whether it is worth doing a fixed wind every turn or not?
In real time versions of this scheme there are two modes - no wind and random wind.

There are no rules here, there is no essence of playing this scheme... I mean, nothing is specified.

I've only played battle race a couple of times. 1 worm per player, s2f, walk/jump races around the map, use weapons to slow down the enemy, and in this sense everything else...

Are there any prohibited things that cannot be done in this scheme?

Honestly, I don't understand the point of this scheme, nor how it got into free league.
I think there are more interesting designs to replace the elemental. Grenade Wars, for example.
It’s been a long time since there have been similar votes and other things to add or remove any scheme to the league.

Since the Fort scheme is one of my favorite schemes, I should write a few words about the league scheme
This scheme is most suitable for large maps, because there is a banana bomb, sheep launcher.
Small maps will be destroyed quite quickly, and the fact that there are two homing missiles available makes the game even easier when the opponent has a small number of worms left.

This scheme is outdated and needs to be updated. First of all, this is disabling the explosion of grenades, as well as the ability to crawl onto the opponent’s worms. You can also make an endless jetpack and add flight speed to it, so as not to waste a lot of turn time changing holes. This one i made for my WoF Cup and also use it when I play golf. this is the hosting buddy scheme.

I would like to say a few words about the T17 TRL scheme. I often play this scheme with friends, and also in the T17 2x2 cup.
I noticed that the banana often falls out and upsets the balance.
It may be worth reconsidering the drop rate of this weapon, but the banana bomb can decide the outcome of the match.

At the moment, this is all that I managed to notice when studying the rules and schemes of the league, as well as some of the things that players encountered when playing my WoF Cup

I hope that some players will not be indifferent, because you play the league more often than me.

I will wait for answers and comments
In my personal opinion:

WxW: I'm quite sure you don't have to AFR here, but not 100%

Shopper: No AFR required at all, scheme was changed 5 or 6 years ago to reflect that in TUS classic

WFW: no input here, I've always played with 8 worms in league games but other people might play differently, not sure what is the best since this isn't the greatest competitive scheme to begin with.

Bungee Race: Should be phased worms, seconds determine winner.

SSR: Phased worms for sure, no other changes needed.

Boom Race: Should be updated to SDET (Shot doesn't end turn), phased worms, seconds determine winner.

Parachute Race: Phased worms, seconds determine winner.  As for the wind: no wind makes the scheme more balanced, but some maps are not possible with 0 wind?  Not sure on the wind issue.

Battle Race:  The scheme itself isn't very good, actually seems to be a 'fun' variant for a cup that became the official TUS scheme, Korydex tried to lobby to change it to no avail.

Elemental: Ok as-is, not very popular.  Agree on Grenade Wars, but that is for another topic I guess.

Fort: Seems to be a good scheme when I last played it, no changes.

Golf: Phased worms is a must for this scheme.

T17: Stay with Senator scheme.

One more change that comes to mind:

Aerial:  Change to sensei's superior Aerial scheme instead of current HHC scheme, better for Bo1 games for sure, and better and more balanced overall.

As a sidenote: Should come up with concrete guidelines as I and many other have played variations on schemes over the years.  I've played boomrace with SDET almost exclusively, even though the scheme was never amended to reflect as such, as with pretty much everyone else.  Have played many TUS aerials with sensei's scheme even though it isn't the correct league scheme.  Have reported ZaR ropers as roper in classic league.  Especially in free league, schemes have become quite ambiguous, and since there is low activity there, no one has bothered to come up with new guidelines. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 10:21 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2023, 12:02 AM »
I proposed a few changes to fort a while back, it was a few minor changes.

Even for someone like me who has crazy accuracy, SD is still too fast... I can't remember what the change was but I'll look into it.

Also with Aerial, remove crates and make mines 3s instead of random.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 12:05 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline Free

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2023, 10:14 AM »
Add 5s hotseat time for elite

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2023, 11:28 AM »
Add 5s hotseat time for elite

I prefer too. But zero seconds is a characteristic of the scheme already I think. Many players will be against that. I like to think when I play a strategical battle scheme, I understand that zero seconds of hot-seat time may make players be focused all the time and pay attention all the time, but I really don't enjoy this. When a turn ends, a lot of stuff happens, a crater opens and the situation changes completely. It's good to think after something happened. The gameplay has more quality and less panic moves. That's why I prefer Intermediate over Elite, I really hate zero seconds of hot-seat time. But then, again Intermediate has that 1HP sudden death that I hate too. I played all my life intermediate editing that sudden death, I usually played variations of Inter.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Korydex

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2023, 12:48 PM »
I prefer too. But zero seconds is a characteristic of the scheme already I think. Many players will be against that. I like to think when I play a strategical battle scheme, I understand that zero seconds of hot-seat time may make players be focused all the time and pay attention all the time, but I really don't enjoy this. When a turn ends, a lot of stuff happens, a crater opens and the situation changes completely. It's good to think after something happened. The gameplay has more quality and less panic moves. That's why I prefer Intermediate over Elite, I really hate zero seconds of hot-seat time. But then, again Intermediate has that 1HP sudden death that I hate too. I played all my life intermediate editing that sudden death, I usually played variations of Inter.
u mean the TNL scheme variation or something else too?

Offline Free

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2023, 01:25 PM »

Yeah and also wind for example, would be nice to see how strong the wind is before committing to a move if you need to chute etc.

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2023, 06:28 PM »
In fact, I'm most interested in racing schemes.

How can I find out exactly how they used to play and determine the winner?

So that the Senator or someone else can add the missing description in league schemes

and to other schemes where necessary

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2023, 09:19 PM »
What about 2 sec hotseat time for elite?  2 sec will populate the wind bar, but still retain the characteristics of having to make decisions fast.