Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:50 PM

Author Topic: Reset  (Read 4212 times)

Offline TheKaren

Re: Reset
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 03:22 PM »
You are all so ignorant... I ask for no one to reply except mods, and you all do it...

What is the point of having stats, if you don't play?

It is not fair to people, like example if I don't play BnG someone else should have 1st place, or I am sitting in overall position stopping someone from having that position.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 04:21 PM »
That's some valid point actually, didn' think of that yet... altho it also would be motivating for people to take your crown i guess. ;) For the upper part of your post: Why don't you ask MonkeyIsland or any other mod by PM if you want to prevent a discussion to break out? Ya know, this is still an open forum ae. ;)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 04:24 PM »
Yeah but what is the point of having the stats if I don't play or won't play ever again?

Not trying to brag, but no one will catch my stats on BnG, because of the TuS System I don't think anyone can get a good enough win ratio to reach the same points as me, especially not as fast as I did, maybe if they play 200-300 games and must have about 95% win ratio, at least...

Offline avirex

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 04:41 PM »
hi shyguy, i see u reading.. come to MSN :D

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 04:58 PM »
The biggest supporter of disabling resets in many occasions is your clan leader. Wrestle with him first ;)

Yeah but what is the point of having the stats if I don't play or won't play ever again?

TUS has kept many things. e.g. Every single replay from season 1 is saved in TUS.
We like worms history, we like players on WN. Personally I love em. Many things are attached to your username on TUS.
You can track anyone you like, to see how he did in any scheme, is he a map maker? uploaded any scheme? ... If anyone could reset his stats, then the whole system of TUS keeping other seasons info must be deleted as well.

"Hey I wanna know how TUS first season turned out? OMG only 5 people played!" (all others reset their entire stats because they weren't happy with it)

It is not fair to people, like example if I don't play BnG someone else should have 1st place, or I am sitting in overall position stopping someone from having that position.

Actually I think the other way around. It is not fair for people who are trying to find their real position in the standings.
People enter and quit WN. They get active and inactive. A player tries his best to achieve his position in the standings. If someone ever wants to have a better position, he gotta have the full list. It is not good to only show the active list. "komo which is inactive now reached his BnG stats by winning X games and losing Y games. I can take his position by playing even more games"
Apart from that, what if someone gets active after having a long break? "Hey, I want my position back!"

There are 2 groups in a game, your team and your opponent. If you wanna remove yourself from the system, what's the deal with the games you played? What happens to your opponents? Maybe they don't wanna have their game void?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:02 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 05:02 PM »
1. I didn't know about that, but don't see why it matters at the same time...

2. I asm asking for MY stats to be removed, not everyone I played against.

3. Again, same as number 2, It took me 3 or 4  days to reach 1st in BnG, so I hardly think it would take long to do again lol, even so, I wouldn't want to anyway.

Also, if you talk about Real standings, then it will never happen, as players come and go, standings always change, It's like, Mablak would probably be #1 if he played the league, he doesn't, so what? Does it matter lol? No, Random is still the best active player, good for him :)

4. Same as number 2.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:05 PM by Komo »

Offline Rok

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 08:07 PM »

3. You played your part in the TUS league and achieved what you achieved. If anyone wants to reach no.1 in bng standings, they'll have to beat your record. Simple as that. Every league and sports organisation keeps track of its stats and records for decades ago. Your logic here doesn't make any sense, IMHO.

4. That's not as easy as clicking on 'delete' button. Your stats interfere with the stats of everybody you played against/with.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 09:20 PM »

3. You played your part in the TUS league and achieved what you achieved. If anyone wants to reach no.1 in bng standings, they'll have to beat your record. Simple as that. Every league and sports organisation keeps track of its stats and records for decades ago. Your logic here doesn't make any sense, IMHO.

4. That's not as easy as clicking on 'delete' button. Your stats interfere with the stats of everybody you played against/with.

3. If they want to beat my record, then they can, my record doesn't have to be showed in the active standings for it to still be remembered, if someone gets a higher score than me, fine, but my score doesn't have to remain.

4. Why can't you keep my season scores then? As your so called history, but get rid of my overall scores? So that in the "time pod" thing, you can see my results, but so that I don't show up in the overall standings for everything?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 05:46 AM »
Why out of a sudden you are in need to wipe yourself out from the standing?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 09:33 AM »
As well as losing a BnG through stupidity, i've realised that it's pretty pointless as I can play people who ARE pretty close to my level and have every good chance of beating me, and i'll lose way too many points, and when you have to win like 20-30 games to cover the loss of 1 stupid game lol, it's time to quit for me.

I feel the system is inaccurate, I don't have the perfect idea to fix it, people don't even play BnG in TuS enough so it isn't even an accurate overall standings for BnG, BnG was the only reason I played singles anyway, All I wanted to do was achieve 1st place, I did, so i'm finished with it, theres like, no motivation for me to do it anymore, and it's not just because I am 1st, it's because no one else is interested in BnG enough to make it fun for me...

So can I have a reset please? Lol

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 10:01 AM »
No. And i'll happly play you in bng tus. If dulek can beat you.. anyone can!  :P

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 10:58 AM »
Nah Chicken, what's the point? Even you don't play enough BnG and you are supposed to be one of the best lol, like I said I am not wasting time playing 20-30 games literally to make up 70 + points which is ridiculous, because other people don't play it enough so the 2nd - last place standings aren't high enough for me to win points even though they are actually better than that rank...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 10:59 AM by Komo »

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 06:32 PM »
Nobody is forcing you to play, mate.

And you're looking at rating in a completely different way than what rating was intended to be. Rating is supposed to depict actual strength. If you're gaining points, that means the rating you had was too low to accurately represent your skills. If you're losing points, that means the rating you had was too high to accurately represent your skills.
The system is not inaccurate at all. If anything, it is relying too much on the last games played.

And it's a statistic, too. a player with 1810 is about as strong as someone with 1790 (ratings fluctuate, meaning in the next rating list, the 1790 might just as well have a higher rating than the 1810 player)

Offline SPW

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 08:38 PM »
Nah Chicken, what's the point? Even you don't play enough BnG and you are supposed to be one of the best lol, like I said I am not wasting time playing 20-30 games literally to make up 70 + points which is ridiculous, because other people don't play it enough so the 2nd - last place standings aren't high enough for me to win points even though they are actually better than that rank...

I know a guy, who plays bng just for fun, not for points and ranks. That guy said, he dont care about what he earns, at least he can play bng, because that makes him just happy.

His name is smth like Komo, I'm not sure.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 09:26 PM »

I know a guy, who plays bng just for fun, not for points and ranks. That guy said, he dont care about what he earns, at least he can play bng, because that makes him just happy.

His name is smth like Komo, I'm not sure.

Exactly, hence why I don't want to play anymore lol, cuz it ain't fun...