Forums
April 24, 2024, 06:43 AM

Poll

Do you want to change league rules regarding mono-picking?

Yes, set 0 points to those players that don't want to play certain schemes
Yes, we want a matchmaking system so people won't be able to avoid (you must play your opponent pick anyway)
Yes, but i have a better idea (specify it in the topic)
No, i'm an egoistic son of a bitch that hasn't understood yet that TUS Classic has got 8 schemes

Author Topic: Scheme avoiding  (Read 8156 times)

Offline Sbaffo

Re: Scheme avoiding
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 06:30 PM »
What are you suggesting exactly?

Whenever someone looks for "tus no ropes", you can report a free win if he joins the lobby and refuses to play your rope pick?

What harpy did is rare. Usually people either write "tus no ropes" or give a free win and play just their own pick. harpy didn't want to give a free win so he canceled the match.

Cancelling match? Dude are you kidding me? He joined, he saw that i was picking roper and left, that's not "cancelling", that's intentionally avoiding. Have you ever tryied to "cancel" a match in dota2 just because, for example, your opponent is picking a champion you don't like to play against? Guess what, you get a penalty for that! He didn't cancel, he avoided, and for god's f@#!ing sake, make a rule about it, if you don't like playing either ropes or default schemes DON'T PLAY TUS. We've had already thousand of discussions that concerned this, i've got fed up. Create a matchmaking, make new rules, don't let this kind of behaviour go through a LEAGUE. You're being too soft over these people, and as a consequence you find people like Chelsea or Asbest in the top standings! It's time to end this.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:33 PM by Sbaffo »

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 07:02 PM »
people like Chelsea or Asbest in the top standings! It's time to end this.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

butt hurt any1?  :D

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 07:16 PM »
people like Chelsea or Asbest in the top standings! It's time to end this.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

butt hurt any1?  :D

What a well elaborate sentence, it truly reflects your maturity and capability to have a serious conversation, that's why none takes you seriously i guess.

Remember that you were 29th in the last overall while i was 4th and i'm currently fighting to steal your position, it's just a matter of time, we'll see who'll have the butthurts. ;)

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 07:21 PM »
I don't care about standings in TUS single :) clanners FTW!

I played 1 season coz I THOUGH THERE STILL IS MONEY TO WIN... If I know there's no money to win I wouldn't play more than 5 games in 51 season.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 07:48 PM »

I played 1 season coz I THOUGH THERE STILL IS MONEY TO WIN... If I know there's no money to win I wouldn't play more than 5 games in 51 season.

STILL you managed to noobash the whole season, hmm smells like lies. Don't clutch on straws, your curriculum is full of lame actions, next time put your tongue back wether you want make me look like a lamer, the hypocrisy damn...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 07:56 PM by Sbaffo »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2016, 07:56 PM »

man prize money for seasons is like the lowest paying job in the world, even less than mcdonalds, chels

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 09:47 PM »
What are you suggesting exactly?

Whenever someone looks for "tus no ropes", you can report a free win if he joins the lobby and refuses to play your rope pick?

What harpy did is rare. Usually people either write "tus no ropes" or give a free win and play just their own pick. harpy didn't want to give a free win so he canceled the match.
cancelling?
"tus no ropes"???

are you kidding me?

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2016, 04:14 AM »
I've tried to labour the point enough times.

TUS is an 8 league scheme - you should not be able to make it a 4 league scheme for yourself only.

Learn to play or do TRL.

*Awaiting "you don't even play comments*
Applaud

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2016, 04:57 AM »
+1 for Sbaffo, its a league, the circus is around the corner.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2016, 05:42 AM »
Now i'm curios to see what mods are going to do about this... you changed ttrr scheme when it had no priority (i'm not blaming your decision), therefore you should change the rules or at least do something about it in order to avoid more episodes like this. Both singles and clanners.

Offline Peja

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2016, 06:42 AM »
you guys are pretty funny:

current situation: harpy leaves when he is forced to play rope games >>>> no game played
situation if your suggestion is approved: harpy does not play because he does not like rope games >> no game played

the outcome would be the same

the problem of tus is not avoiding, the problem of tus is a point system which encourages noob bashing by default.
sbaffo would get around 40 points for beating harpy in a roper, which quite equal to the default amount of points you get for winning anyone at the start of the season, so lets just call it average. but harpy cant rope for shit, in fact he is worse than myself. despite this, sbaffo would only get 25 points if he beats me in a roper. sbaffo playing roper against harpy should not have any influence on standings, unless harpy turns into an average roper. this game would never happen in any kind of matchmaking system, because sbaffo is one of the best ropers of all time, while harpy is one of the worst.
trying to get the reward of beating an average player, while playing an below average player seems pretty lame in my eyes.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2016, 07:30 AM »
you guys are pretty funny:

current situation: harpy leaves when he is forced to play rope games >>>> no game played
situation if your suggestion is approved: harpy does not play because he does not like rope games >> no game played

the outcome would be the same

the problem of tus is not avoiding, the problem of tus is a point system which encourages noob bashing by default.
sbaffo would get around 40 points for beating harpy in a roper, which quite equal to the default amount of points you get for winning anyone at the start of the season, so lets just call it average. but harpy cant rope for shit, in fact he is worse than myself. despite this, sbaffo would only get 25 points if he beats me in a roper. sbaffo playing roper against harpy should not have any influence on standings, unless harpy turns into an average roper. this game would never happen in any kind of matchmaking system, because sbaffo is one of the best ropers of all time, while harpy is one of the worst.
trying to get the reward of beating an average player, while playing an below average player seems pretty lame in my eyes.

If the system had worked like you say, i'd be picking ttrr every game. Tus system points is fine, kinda. The reason why i'm getting this amount of point it's becuase tus got resetted, therefore as i earn 29 points roper i can lose 40 points in team17 or elite (which are my worst scheme by far) against anyone, even  to Random00.

Also implying that harpy is "being forced to play roper" lol... you make it sound like a murder dude, have you ever seen me refusing to play shopper? I hate that scheme, but if my opponent picks it, i play it. Have you ever seen me manipulating anyone just because afraid to lose points? Get it over, this a league, you either win or lose, what you can do is to improve your skillz. If you either don't have time or too lazy to do it, don't play league.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 06:26 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2016, 07:59 AM »
This is not as simple as you think.

When TUS league started, the rules were actually the way you described. But in time, people started to report free win for the tiniest disagreements. Complaint threads with logs and sometimes a free win over a one line of conversation with someone.

You are forgetting the other side of your logic, what good is somebody's points if they earn it by non-played matches?
harpy's case could be easily solved by the current rules. You could just play harpy's pick first to ensure the "match set" has started, then harpy couldn't refuse and this free win would be legit.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2016, 08:28 AM »
zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz, people fight for earning just 10$... fssssh.

Edit:- 10$ per 5 months.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:33 AM by Mega`Adnan »

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2016, 08:30 AM »
Why should i do that? First of all, he asked to host my pick, and everytime someone do that i get worried because my opponent is going to leave. If you noticed it, i asked him to play his pick as well, but unfortunately he refused to do that as well.I can't understand how someone could refuse to play a scheme, it's a sort of disrespect pretending that your opponent must pick something just because you can't play all the schemes. I've never done that, not even when i was a new player that picked only hysteria. This game with this league has a great potential, unfortunately some people here  don't have a clear sense of competion, therefore we have people abusing rules and pretending to do whatever they want. When it comes to this league, i often try to be reasonable with other players (example: you must leave a game that just started,  i don't report it although rules say that i'm allowed to that) however i can't stand someone that avoids or doesn't want to play a scheme in this league just because he sucks at it. It's not fair. You should realize MI that this league has gotten worse by the years, as the activity decreased, less competitive players have been around, i'm sure in the previous leagues peoole wouldn't have behaved like this (i hope someone prove me that i'm not wrong as i wasn't playing this game in the golden era...).

Don't be lazy. Play everyone and everything. Imagine, it's easy if you try!

zZzZzZzZzZzZzZz, people fight for earning just 10$... fssssh.

There are no prizes currently in the league, be coherent when you post something.