Forums
April 24, 2024, 10:44 PM

Poll

Do you want to change league rules regarding mono-picking?

Yes, set 0 points to those players that don't want to play certain schemes
Yes, we want a matchmaking system so people won't be able to avoid (you must play your opponent pick anyway)
Yes, but i have a better idea (specify it in the topic)
No, i'm an egoistic son of a bitch that hasn't understood yet that TUS Classic has got 8 schemes

Author Topic: Scheme avoiding  (Read 8164 times)

Offline Street

Re: Scheme avoiding
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2016, 08:45 AM »
Why should i do that? First of all, he asked to host my pick, and everytime someone do that i get worried because my opponent is going to leave.
I haven`t done that Sbaffo :) i am like ``ew`` or ``ohh`` but i play your pick or everyone who picks rope scheme like TTRR or Roper althouch i suck at. I see your point , I remember i had same case one time , game has started and my oponent left the game with words `` i don`t play BnG`` althouch game has started and we agreed on TUS . This case is different but has same point of vew.

[NBRthewalrus] cheap pro street

Offline Senator

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2016, 08:59 AM »
Yeah harpy was in a position to say "no roper or no game" cos he had lower season rating. But as I said, harpy could have searched "tus no Roper anyone?" in AG and the outcome would be the same = no game.

Rules like "you can't fall back from a TUS match after joining the game lobby" or "agreements regarding scheme picks are not valid" would have loopholes and lead to awkward situations.

1. What if you "drop" after you see your opponent's pick? Or just suddenly find out that you can't play? Or in 2vs2 games your partner goes afk and never arrives at the game lobby? If such a rule was in place, no one would ever say "no Roper or no game" but simply leave the lobby. A free win could be given no matter what was the reason for leaving, though, and the player would have one week to play the pick.

2. Someone who doesn't want to play Roper writes "tus no roper anyone?" in AG. You would need to lie to him "ok let's tus no roper" to get him in the lobby and then pick Roper. Or at least get logs where he looks for "tus no roper" and then refuses to play regular tus with you.

Also, some players play just occasionally and they want to play certain schemes or with their buddies. Avoiding rules and such are meant for situations where a player tries to abuse the system in order to get in playoffs. If these rules applied stricly to every player, there would be just less players and less games. If harpy can't have a tus game without rope schemes, he won't simply look for tus. Is that what you want?

cancelling?
"tus no ropes"???

are you kidding me?

Never saw Chel..people looking for "tus defaults only"? It's not a new thing.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 03:43 PM by Senator »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2016, 01:37 PM »
cancelling?
"tus no ropes"???

are you kidding me?

Never saw Chel..people looking for "tus defaults only"? It's not a new thing.

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/tus-discussion/please-explain-this-to-me-29415/

oh thanks for deleting the game and promoting mono-picking in this league, let the lamers/avoiders do whatever they want, i have seriously no words... porcoddio riprendetevi...

Offline Ryan

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2016, 04:32 PM »
If someone wants to "tus no roper" they should have their current season roper points wiped to 0.

They don't deserve a roper rating because they don't consider it as a scheme they have to play.

The player could tick the schemes they are willing to play on TUS.
Any scheme they aren't willing to play should have a frozen rating of 0.

That way the standings are a reflection of their ALLROUND ability.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 04:34 PM by Ryan »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2016, 04:35 PM »
If someone wants to "tus no roper" they should have their current season roper points wiped to 0.

They don't deserve a roper rating because they don't consider it as a scheme they have to play.

The player could tick the schemes they are willing to play on TUS.
Any scheme they aren't willing to play should have a frozen rating of 0.

That way the standings are a reflection of their ALLROUND ability.

Nice idea, what do you think about this mods?

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2016, 05:04 AM »
This would work good with built-in tus matchmaker. Player 1 untick Elite and Int, which he suck at, Player 2 untick Roper and TTRR, which he can not play, bingo! - they would never meet in a tus game.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2016, 06:37 AM »
I've set up a poll, everyone vote, this is important. I'm giving it 4 days.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 07:32 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2016, 06:48 AM »
What do you mean by 0? TUS's base for each scheme is 1000. If someone doesn't play a scheme, their scheme points will stay at 1000, which means it's untouched/zero.

Also to note that, that "avoiding strategy" doesn't work on POs.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2016, 06:49 AM »
Ah i want to change my opinion to the last one son of a bitch!!

And one to the matchmaking idea: if somebody selects that he wants to play only hysteria, and an other player selects all the schemes, then they will never meet? So the guy who selected only hysteria can play against a player who also selected only hysteria? Well, maybe that would be a mathematical prove that he would never find an opponent, so he misunderstood what the classic league is about.. (hyst was a bad example i know xd)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 06:58 AM by Tomi »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2016, 07:00 AM »
Ah i want to change my opinion to the last one son of a bitch!!

And one to the matchmaking idea: if somebody selects that he wants to play only hysteria, and an other player selects all the schemes, then they will never meet? So the guy who selected only hysteria can play against a player who also selected only hysteria? Well, maybe that would be a mathematical prove that he would never find an opponent, so he misunderstood what the classic league is about.. (hyst was a bad example i know xd)

No, matchmaking won't have these options. We want players to play all the schemes.

EDIT: Accidentally resetted votes to 0, sorry
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 07:04 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2016, 07:05 AM »
Ye i think the same.. life is hard guys, accept it.. sometimes you will suck whether you want it or not

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2016, 08:58 AM »
Dude your 4th option is so hilarious, everyone going to vote for it lol

I did, then remembered that this poll is serious and regretted it

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2016, 09:10 AM »
Dude your 4th option is so hilarious, everyone going to vote for it lol

I did, then remembered that this poll is serious and regretted it

Ill count your vote as yes, i know you're not an egoistic son of a bitch

Offline TheWalrus