Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:43 PM

Author Topic: Scheme picking in tus playoffs  (Read 5701 times)

Offline XanKriegor

Re: Scheme picking in tus playoffs
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2015, 08:34 AM »
May be they both should be bo3 then?

Offline Senator

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 08:41 AM »
If u are roper u win 2 picks, if u are normal guy u will propably win 2 of ur picks too, then it is 2:2 and the guy who leading in table pick fifth,  easy and fair.

Try being allrounder, play every scheme, not just hysteria/elite or ttrr/roper 

Easy, sure.

I just won a PO series 3:2 by picking TTRR, WxW and Roper. I only needed to show my roping skills to get to the next round. That's the point of this thread. The idea of allround league disappears when the playoffs start. A higher season ranking is not necessarily deserved either (activeness, avoiding, noob bashing etc play a role in rankings).

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 09:52 AM »
If u are roper u win 2 picks, if u are normal guy u will propably win 2 of ur picks too, then it is 2:2 and the guy who leading in table pick fifth,  easy and fair.

Try being allrounder, play every scheme, not just hysteria/elite or ttrr/roper 

Easy, sure.

I just won a PO series 3:2 by picking TTRR, WxW and Roper. I only needed to show my roping skills to get to the next round. That's the point of this thread. The idea of allround league disappears when the playoffs start. A higher season ranking is not necessarily deserved either (activeness, avoiding, noob bashing etc play a role in rankings).
you had this advantage because during the season you had more points than your opponent! And if you want this advantage, you have to earn it! That's the difficult part which can save your ass in playoffs, this system works perfectly.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 09:54 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 09:57 AM »
TUS NEEDS A f@#!ING MATCHMAKING SYSTEM IN ORDER TO STOP AVOIDING AND NOOBASHING.

Offline Senator

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 10:55 AM »
This rule is a bit flawed anyway (it gives the 2nd picker a chance to win by 3 rope/default schemes if the 1st picker doesn't go with Shopper as 5th).

I still don't like the current system :P It's not perfect if u can get through by either rope or default skills alone.

Online Peja

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 11:50 AM »
there used to be a rule about picks being mixed but none gave a shit  ;D

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 02:10 PM »
I don't see what the big fuss is about, the best allround players can do Rope & Default equally well, either learn it or shutup?

As Sbaffo said, you have Playoff Positions, the more work you put into Seasonal the better chance you have of getting 1st pick, the whole point of that is to try and pick the thing your opponent sucks at most or that you think you have best chance of winning.

The only other option I guess is to try and find a scheme to use as the 1st round in PO which suits both Ropers and Default players, but even that would be unfair to those who play more games and win more points to get 1st pick.

Offline Senator

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2015, 03:17 PM »
I don't see what the big fuss is about, the best allround players can do Rope & Default equally well, either learn it or shutup?

Maybe read again then? :D The point is that u don't need to be better allrounder to win 3 games, u only need to be better either at roping or in default schemes. And I started this thread after I had benefited from this system myself. For me both rope and default schemes are fine, though.

Some recent examples where the Bo5 system played a role:

DaRiOxD vs VoK 3-2 (TTRR+WxW+Roper vs Elite+Team17)
Senator vs Almog 3-2 (TTRR+WxW+Roper vs Elite+Hysteria)
dibz could have gone with TTRR+Roper+WxW against Chelsea but he wanted to beat Chelsea in at least one default scheme so he picked Elite as 5th
Lukz vs dibz 3-2 (Elite+Hysteria+Team17 vs TTRR+Roper)
Sbaffo vs GreatProfe 3-2 (TTRR+WxW+Roper vs Elite+Team17)
dibz vs Hussar 3-2 (TTRR+WxW+Roper vs Elite+Hysteria)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 03:24 PM by Senator »

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2015, 03:45 PM »
i thought i won the hysteria vs Hussar at playoffs

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2015, 03:59 PM »
Senator, many of those players can play both schemes, they just pick the ones they enjoy most and are better at, doesn't mean they aren't good enough to win them.

Offline Senator

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2015, 05:26 PM »
Senator, many of those players can play both schemes, they just pick the ones they enjoy most and are better at, doesn't mean they aren't good enough to win them.

Yep, Lukz is a great allrounder but he still lost rope schemes 0-2 to dibz in that final. Therefore Lukz only proved he was better in defaults. You say he deserved the win because he collected more points during the season. I say u shouldn't put that much weight on the seasonal rating because people can game the system to get higher rating..

Bo7 would be better in terms of finding the best allrounder. Even with Bo7 u could win by 4 default schemes but u should show more diverse skills nonetheless.

Actually, the system could be conditional Bo5/Bo7 ;D
- If u lead 3-0 or 3-1, the series is over (Bo5)
- If u lead 3-2 and u have wins in both rope & default, the series is over (Bo5)
- If u lead 3-2 and u have wins only in rope or default, the series becomes Bo7

Most PO series would remain as Bo5. Bo7 would come into play only when one side dominates in rope schemes and the other side in default schemes.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2015, 05:58 PM »
The moral of this topic is that you have to learn ttrr else you lose and get screwed

Offline style

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2015, 07:03 PM »
The moral of this topic is that you have to learn ttrr else you lose and get screwed

Hahah.

But there's defenitely a point on this topic.. Either the rules for RR have to be changed (instead of 5 useless worms, maybe bo3 cuz there are ppl - and we all know them - that using only a hand full of maps and especially picking them for 2104184 times before PO game starts..) or the playoff system has to be changed itself. I'm not only refering to RR on that example above but the keynote of "how to pick when 1st" is easily delivered to almost every scheme.

Best solution would be if both players could choose the opponent's pick. Pairing starts and both players have to select a few schemes that they'd like to pick against the opponent. "Who picks first?" will be decided by tossing a coin. However, you can only pick from schemes that were selected by the opponent - picks have to be done in a row, like usual, but the order can be influenced by the opponent.

This makes it a little more sophisticated, like chess, tzheheh..

Offline Husk

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2015, 08:12 PM »
style I like the idea of picking from what ur opponent wants

also it sucks that someone just plays PO rr with a map they practiced whole day with... soooo for this maybe something like random rr map picker could work? if someone picks rr in PO, u click "random rr map" and it gives u url to that rr map to play on, it could work like ds map picker... it leaves in history who used it and what map was picked, so no1 can say like "how do I know that map was random"

Offline Sensei

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2015, 08:19 PM »
Yeah, good idea Husk. You guys just need to find someone who is able and willing to do a program like that.

dS map picker was made by Le Total Killer if I'm correct. You can see how it looks like. Very easy to handle: http://www.worms-univers.com/worms-armageddon/dsp/