Forums
April 23, 2024, 08:05 AM

Poll

should hysteria be moved to the free league?

yes
no
idk

Author Topic: should hysteria be moved to the free league?  (Read 17146 times)

Offline lalo

Re: should hysteria be moved to the free league?
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2017, 02:41 PM »
Lol now I'm close minded, I am not the one who thinks is always right. You are correct though, I'm a purist and it's shocking to me you can't see the huge difference between mastering wxw and hyst for example.
The league is already dying and we have let beginners have many choices to play what they want. They are not pushed to become good allrounders anymore. So please tell me how many good allrounders were born in the last 5 years? Ren because he's pushed by other allrounder latinos and Sbaffo.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:43 PM by lalo »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 02:52 PM »
Hm, this is true, some people can live fine with "mastering" hyst, shopp and t17 and they will never try to rope, coz it's not needed.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2017, 03:10 PM »
Indeed. There's no need for master degree for each scheme. Play the ones you like, that's it.

That's for e.g I haven't bothered to master every single thing in Worms.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2017, 03:29 PM »
Lol now I'm close minded, I am not the one who thinks is always right.

Yes, you are close minded because you have a bias view of what is acceptable for a League, even though Hysteria fits the category of both "competitive" & "fun", go look up a dictionary if you don't believe me, those are facts, not opinions. That is what a League should be at a core basis, competitive and fun.

LOL, who in their right mind would constantly run into an arguement/debate with the intention of being wrong all the time?

I take advice/help and constantly admit I am wrong to superior intellect outside of this forum on a daily basis almost, again, you are close minded, you don't ask questions you only make assumptions and honestly, whoop-dee-doo lol.

It's not my fault most people on this forum are pretty dim.

it's shocking to me you can't see the huge difference between mastering wxw and hyst for example.

I can see the difference, i've possibly forgot more schemes than you will ever try/test.

As I said before I learned rope much faster than BnG, everyone has different strengths and weaknesses, you can either accept that and enjoy it, or well, be as you are and miss out on the fun :/

You are only upsetting yourself, not me.

The league is already dying and we have let beginners have many choices to play what they want. They are not pushed to become good allrounders anymore. So please tell me how many good allrounders were born in the last 5 years? Ren because he's pushed by other allrounder latinos and Sbaffo.

So what you are saying is we should only play what YOU want to play? Is that it? The whole world revolves around less than a dozen players? Is that what TUS should boil down to? Forget having a variety of fun and interesting schemes, let's just play the ones that the close minded stubborn elitist players want?

Your theory is pretty ridiculous anyway, with or without Hysteria, ALL the other schemes still exist and EVERYONE has the choice to learn them or not.

Newcomers don't enjoy being called noobs and fags and being kicked from TTRR and other schemes where the top players are arrogant f**ks.

Or want to join clans where they are belittled for not being as good as the other players.

That's why they usually end up playing the other schemes, cuz they tend to be more friendly in the long run.

As Kradie said, people will play what they enjoy, SKILL does not matter, winning doesn't matter, people want to have fun.

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2017, 03:46 PM »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2017, 04:03 PM »
Btw i like the most that Random00 or Mablak never posted any complaint about schemes or rules, they just beat everyone in any scheme with any rules and it's that easy ae :D

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2017, 04:10 PM »
you guys are totally wrong about how the league should be catered toward the top tier or active players, the most important players in tus classic league are the new players, don't know why everyone thinks they are so special in the good old boys club. 

if you hadnt noticed, there isnt really any new players, but yeah, lets make the league more inaccessible to those players.

but as long as the not very active pro players are satisfied, lets go that route and burn it all to the ground

if anything, this league needs to adapt to what is popular on wormnet, not go the opposite direction.  mole shopper should be added to classic league before hysteria is removed.  and i dont like mole shopper one f@#!ing bit. 

Offline lalo

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2017, 04:30 PM »
Whatever Dave, can't discuss with someone who thinks hysteria, t17 or shopper are as challenging/competitive as elite or ttrr. New players don't bother to rope anymore because playing hysteria is much easier. Wanking is easier than getting a pussy too. You're missing the point, Classic League is meant to be a competitive League with the same spirit as XTC or FB leagues. And in strict terms of competition RR, wxw, elite and bng win by a landslide, that's a fact.

And don't even talk to me about having fun in game, you don't see me quitting every bng I'm losing and promising I wouldn't play against someone because I don't like him ''notching'' or not lighting up because ''you didn't give me my favourite colour''.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 04:40 PM by lalo »

Offline Senator

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2017, 04:44 PM »
if you hadnt noticed, there isnt really any new players, but yeah, lets make the league more inaccessible to those players.

Were the previous leagues before TUS inaccessible to new players?

if anything, this league needs to adapt to what is popular on wormnet, not go the opposite direction.  mole shopper should be added to classic league before hysteria is removed.  and i dont like mole shopper one f@#!ing bit.

Afaik, Shopper and Intermediate are the most popular schemes on WormNet. I rarely see Hysteria games being hosted (correct me if I'm wrong).

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2017, 05:34 PM »

Afaik, Shopper and Intermediate are the most popular schemes on WormNet. I rarely see Hysteria games being hosted (correct me if I'm wrong).

Supersheeper is more popular than all of those.

Yet you can't put it in classic league because it'd be a complete mess (or would it just be annoying for the elitist players?)

Also...

Schemes aren't similar. Hysteria is probably the least complex scheme in the list right now, simply because of the tactics that have been going around for a good while. What's the challenging part of plopping your own worms? Where's the difficulty in flying a jetpack 40m high then dropping your worm for free turn advantage plus +25 grave damage? How can you compare those with any kind of tactic in Elite?

At the same time (I'm sure this is the thought), where's the difficulty in axe'ing every first turn, then using shotgun? Nothing of that. Elite is way more than that. Late game Hysteria is reduced to tossing petrols from ridiculous distances, or tricky BnG shots. Nothing compared with turn order, rope range, homing usage, etc etc etc.

This discussion is really pointless. How many times do you see newcomers try TTRR? Compare it to the times newcomers try Hysteria. Which one is more noob friendly? WHY is it more noob friendly? Why do people like playing Supersheeper? Because it's simple.

The whole world revolves around less than a dozen players?

Yes probably, that's the amount of players that play the league actively

Why are you talking about "noob friendly" schemes after all? I play newcomers mostly, I try to teach them the rules and some rope tricks and stuff, tell them about schemes. But there have been so little times I've seen someone say "I wanna play leagues". Are newcomers interested in leagues at all?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 05:38 PM by Gabriel »
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 05:51 PM »
Only really played cl2k and wl, but these were two very noob friendly leagues that were made up of mostly noobs.  Shopper was the most popular scheme.  There were pros, who obviously didn't like shopper as much as the noobs, but the leagues were built around new players (see div1 and div2 cl2k).  Now obviously having two divisions isn't the answer, but you have lost the overall plot, and that is the point here.  The health of the league doesn't depend on the fairest test of worming ability, your "pro" goggles have blinded you.  The league's viability is bringing in new players, and nothing else.  To constrict the league by removing popular schemes is to basically admit that the current playerbase is all there will ever be, and to rely on those players to always be active from here on out.  That is a losing proposition, as that player pool will slowly die out.   

The only schemes this league should ever consider removing is unpopular ones (Shopper, BnG, Team17), not one of the most actively played schemes (Hysteria)

This season, (games played):

Hysteria   193

BnG   70
Shopper   62
Team17   52

More hysteria games played than the bottom 3 schemes combined.  But yeah, lets remove the scheme from classic.

Instead of looking at it from a prism of "Lets see who is teh most uberleetist champion," how about looking at it from a perspective of, "How can this league be most popular and sucessful for the good of the worms armageddon community"
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 05:58 PM by TheWalrus »

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2017, 05:58 PM »
As Kradie said, people will play what they enjoy, SKILL does not matter, winning doesn't matter, people want to have fun.

Those people don't play a league

Newcomers don't enjoy being called noobs and fags and being kicked from TTRR and other schemes where the top players are arrogant f**ks.

Ah really? Would you let play someone in your host that doesn't know bng rules and is not even interested to learn those rules? I try to help people that join my hosts as much as i can and as long as they're willing to learn.

This league lacks totally of competition... however hysteria, imo, should still stay in the classic league. What needs to be changed actually is the league system and rules, which became pratically tedious and boring, it's the same shit everyday... what are you're suggestions about it? I'm not here to blame your ideas, because i'm sure this place could get better if we try to collaborate and share our ideas together.

Are newcomers interested in leagues at all
How can we know that, the proper question is "Are newcomers aware that WA has got a league?" Mostly don't, the answer should be. Because this game is as simple as ut used to be year ago, it gets updated slowly, and things looks like never change, until 4.0 patch is released i guess, the news section is still locked on the 2012 update when it could be used more.wisely. TUS should be sponsorized in wormnet OR we should have a new channel on wmnet dedicated to ranked games. Also as i mentioned before, tus system has to change as well... maybe have two leagues like "pro" and "amateur" league, which in each there are different schemes? I dunno, i have lots of ideas, but i'm not a coder/programmer unfortunately...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 06:00 PM by Sbaffo »

Offline Senator

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2017, 06:24 PM »
The only schemes this league should ever consider removing is unpopular ones (Shopper, BnG, Team17), not one of the most actively played schemes (Hysteria)

This season, (games played):

Hysteria   193

BnG   70
Shopper   62
Team17   52

More hysteria games played than the bottom 3 schemes combined.  But yeah, lets remove the scheme from classic.

You would consider removing one of the most popular schemes on WormNet (Shopper)? A moment ago you were bringing in Mole Shoppa cos it's popular on WormNet ;)

Hysteria is popular here on TUS but it has gone out of fashion on WormNet (if I'm right). If Hysteria was moved to Free league, I bet Shopper/T17 would become more popular in Classic league. It's not like the league suddenly loses 193 games.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 06:49 PM by Senator »

Offline spleen17

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2017, 08:12 PM »
If Hysteria was moved to Free league, I bet Shopper/T17 would become more popular in Classic league.

Can't think of anything worse to be honest.

Offline Free

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2017, 08:40 PM »
Senator, Free, if you had your way this League would die.

You are being unbelievably selfish.

I don't even care you don't like Hysteria it just annoys me you don't understand the definition of "competitive" in the English dictionary.

I dont need a dictionary to tell me what I know.

Hyst has potential but aerial atm is closer to a skilled scheme, both skill and tactics wise.