Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:43 PM

Author Topic: Mission 4 - Cool as Ice  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Mablak

Mission 4 - Cool as Ice
« on: March 29, 2017, 09:38 AM »
Last Updated: 3/29

With uzi method credit to Run and Deadcode, I think the most optimal method is:

Turn 1: collect uzi, hope it kills. As you land from jetpack, try to use chute, this will skip the landing frames. At least, this is the way that gives you a chance at the optimal run. It's probably not going to kill though, only does maybe 10% of the time. So, in the retreat time on the first turn, try to get closer to the flamethrower crate. You can do a forward jump from right on the corner spot, and a backjump if you have time (can land on the crate if you're good).

Turn 2: Then kill with flamethrower, hitting yourself to shorten the turn.

Possible alternate method: You can actually use flamethrower to kill 1st turn, as in the 3rd replay below. It works often at this angle, but not 100% of the time. This is slower than if uzi succeeds, faster than if uzi fails by maybe 5-10 seconds. And of course, if it this method fails, you're kind of screwed. So I'm not sure I'd feel safe using it if I had a good run going. Maybe everyone can try it a bit and judge whether it's run-worthy.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:13 AM by Mablak »

Offline h3oCharles

Re: Mission 4 - Cool as Ice
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 04:03 PM »
Jet -> Uzi -> Cr8 Bomb -> Hope if it knocks to water

Offline Lex

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 10:38 PM »
I noticed you didn't mention using the parachute to skip the landing animation.

Offline Mablak

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 11:15 PM »
Thanks to Lex for pointing that out, I'd forgotten chute was even used there!

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 06:28 PM »
I think the Failed Uzi strat is the most consistent for a speedrun, one more strat I was able to squeeze out of this is to not make jumps, but to make two bounces from jettie and walk in retreat time.

the first bounce being on collecting the crate

the second bounce being on a bottom-right edge of the big ice cube on the right side, specifically on the top where the blue streak ends on the right side, here's an edited screenshot for reference

once you landed there, get out of jettie, cr8 bomb, then on retreat time walk to the flame thrower (no jumps needed), rest of the strat is RNG depended on where the Guard lands.

Again, make sure to hit yourself with the flame thrower to end the turn in a faster manner
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 06:32 PM by TheMadCharles »