Forums
April 19, 2024, 07:43 PM

Author Topic: Goodbye Mole (◕◡◕)/  (Read 3286 times)

Offline rUNaW4y

• “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear”

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye Mole (◕◡◕)/
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 01:03 PM »
who cares

who are u

A Hero Memba! I will never use f8 in the game, people! I will open a topic about this soon.

You are actually a "Newbie member" so far.
It was ironic, don't let me explain this.

Offline Prince_Egypt

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2016, 02:59 PM »
ZalO is the best one in mole and yes ... it's time for get more achieves in another schemes :)  :-*

Offline skunk3

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2016, 04:18 PM »
100 consecutive wins is indeed an impressive streak, but am I alone in feeling that mole shopper is extremely luck-based? I can't believe it's even a ranked scheme, to be honest. Every match more or less plays out the same, and it ultimately comes down to starting placement and crate luck every single time, no matter how good you are. Not trying to shit on your achievement or anything, this is just my worthless personal opinion. If I played ranked games and someone picked mole as their choice, I would literally groan out loud.

Ye I heard that but to me it's like the least luck based scheme if you hide well... In the attached replay I survived clusters, 1x banana (put on my head) and it's all because u gotta know how to not expose your worms. 2nd thing is to be greedy for crates and being kinda an asshole in stealing them in the first turns. If your guy is about to get his first crates, your teleport is a good moment. Sometimes not even to dominate, but more to see what strong weapons the enemy already has. You will do nothing with the strongest weapons if your enemy has made a clever not enterable-from-above fortress.

I still have to disagree. To say that it's the least luck-based scheme is a joke TBH. IMO, it is extremely luck-based. Knowing how to not expose your worms is just basic gameplay knowledge that pretty much everyone possesses... at least everyone who isn't a complete noob.  It really just comes down to your starting positions, where you are in relation to holes with barrels in them (for blowing and getting crates), and crate luck both in terms of where they land and what they contain. Aside from that it mainly comes down to a bit of judgement in terms of when and how to use weapons, judicious girdering, and when to use your teleport. It's pretty much a noob scheme IMO... that's why you always see random noobs hosting it all of the time in #AG. You hardly ever see any pro players hosting (or even playing) a mole shopper, lol. I'm really not meaning to sound like an asshole - I'm just sharing my opinion. 

Offline Husk

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2016, 04:58 PM »
maybe the pro players don't host mole shoppers because it would be too crushing for their ego to lose to someone they consider a noob, atleast judging by the way u write =P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:01 PM by Husk »

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
  • May the mole be with you (◕◡◕)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2016, 06:27 PM »
100 consecutive wins is indeed an impressive streak, but am I alone in feeling that mole shopper is extremely luck-based? I can't believe it's even a ranked scheme, to be honest. Every match more or less plays out the same, and it ultimately comes down to starting placement and crate luck every single time, no matter how good you are. Not trying to shit on your achievement or anything, this is just my worthless personal opinion. If I played ranked games and someone picked mole as their choice, I would literally groan out loud.

Ye I heard that but to me it's like the least luck based scheme if you hide well... In the attached replay I survived clusters, 1x banana (put on my head) and it's all because u gotta know how to not expose your worms. 2nd thing is to be greedy for crates and being kinda an asshole in stealing them in the first turns. If your guy is about to get his first crates, your teleport is a good moment. Sometimes not even to dominate, but more to see what strong weapons the enemy already has. You will do nothing with the strongest weapons if your enemy has made a clever not enterable-from-above fortress.

It really just comes down to your starting positions, where you are in relation to holes with barrels in them (for blowing and getting crates. It's pretty much a noob scheme IMO... that's why you always see random noobs hosting it all of the time in #AG.

Dude, No one here is talking about Hosting Buddy scheme. All these 100x games were played on TUS official scheme (very slow waterrise, no super weapons (no arma, no gold banana, no french sheeps), short distance of blocking. You don't have to hurry up and You have the whole area to build fortress in. In hosting buddy scheme the game ends with SDeath, whereas tus game for real starts with SDeath. The bigger explosion you do in the first turns the biggest mistake you make. You must make sure you don't give a landing zone for the enemy and that you can sacrifice crates to buy domination with them. (It's a long story)

Piki is IMO in Top 6 molers I met and there goes our history of games. It's the least luck based scheme. Trust me. I never avoided the most challenging players in those 100x games. Feel invited to 10x mole games with me. I doubt you will win because you need to learn a lot about which decision is worthy what. And obviously opening each worm from above with accurate 1 mole must be a standard.

Husk lost 2x mole games with me, being perfectly sure he would win. He partially lost because of my crates but first of all he lost because he wasn't as stealing and greedy for crates in the first turns as I was, and sorry... he had BY FAR better placement; nearly all the worms on the top. As far as I know he played Mole since it's very birth.

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-201546/
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:17 PM by Zalo »

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2016, 06:59 PM »
Btw Zalo, you could make a tutorial, pics or video to leave more competitive players after you "gone"from "underground scene"  ;D

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
  • May the mole be with you (◕◡◕)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2016, 07:04 PM »
Btw Zalo, you could make a tutorial, pics or video to leave more competitive players after you "gone"from "underground scene"  ;D

I think I will... which some will call "steering the luck" I guess... gotta wait for more free time

Offline skunk3

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2016, 06:02 AM »

It really just comes down to your starting positions, where you are in relation to holes with barrels in them (for blowing and getting crates. It's pretty much a noob scheme IMO... that's why you always see random noobs hosting it all of the time in #AG.

Dude, No one here is talking about Hosting Buddy scheme. All these 100x games were played on TUS official scheme (very slow waterrise, no super weapons (no arma, no gold banana, no french sheeps), short distance of blocking. You don't have to hurry up and You have the whole area to build fortress in. In hosting buddy scheme the game ends with SDeath, whereas tus game for real starts with SDeath. The bigger explosion you do in the first turns the biggest mistake you make. You must make sure you don't give a landing zone for the enemy and that you can sacrifice crates to buy domination with them. (It's a long story)

Piki is IMO in Top 6 molers I met and there goes our history of games. It's the least luck based scheme. Trust me. I never avoided the most challenging players in those 100x games. Feel invited to 10x mole games with me. I doubt you will win because you need to learn a lot about which decision is worthy what. And obviously opening each worm from above with accurate 1 mole must be a standard.

Husk lost 2x mole games with me, being perfectly sure he would win. He partially lost because of my crates but first of all he lost because he wasn't as stealing and greedy for crates in the first turns as I was, and sorry... he had BY FAR better placement; nearly all the worms on the top. As far as I know he played Mole since it's very birth.

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-201546/

I've played the TUS moleshopper scheme. I definitely prefer it to the HostingBuddy scheme, but I STILL disagree with you. I am truly not trying to shit on your achievement, but moleshopper is a noob scheme man. TUS scheme or not. It is a well-known fact on WormNET that moleshoppers are primarily hosted and played by noobs. Am I wrong here? (The answer is 'no.')

Even with certain super weapons removed from the scheme, it is STILL extremely luck-based. The power level of many of the weapons is increased vs. more normal types of schemes, and crate luck is, well, crate luck. Mole shopper is HUGELY dependent on luck... there's no arguing that. Any scheme with powered up weapons and random crates is a luck-based noob fest. Sorry dude but that's how it is. If you see me on WormNET I will play you just for the heck of it, but honestly I don't even like wasting my time on luck schemes like that... might as well be playing a bna or a shopper lol

Offline skunk3

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2016, 06:04 AM »
maybe the pro players don't host mole shoppers because it would be too crushing for their ego to lose to someone they consider a noob, atleast judging by the way u write =P

Don't get it twisted. This isn't about my ego at all. This is just an opinion of mine based on objective facts. Mole shopper is a luck-based scheme that is best enjoyed late at night with a bunch of people who just wanna drink, smoke, and play something silly. It's not like... a competitive scheme like TTRR or elite. It's for silly funners and for noobs, let's be honest.

Offline piki1802

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2016, 08:34 AM »
First of all thanks Zalo <3

Skunk3, crate luck are crate luck, yea. But what Zalo is trying to prove is that if you force yourself to collect all crates, it doesnt become a game of luck anymore. Imagine a shopper where you collect all crates and your opponent none. I can safely bet that you will win that shopper.

Talking about power weapons, yes, it is increased. So what? Look at the amount of ground there is (to be destroyed). Come on, I mean, it is not like in inter where in the begining your worms are pretty much exposed to any sort of attack. Also look at the amount of health every worm has. If Id change anything to mole, Id change clusters from 3x to 1 or 2. Thats the only crate that can seriously f@#! you up with luck.

Just because mole isnt as luck free as ttrr, and I wont include elite here because Ive certainly had some matches against top players where I lucked so much... anyway, it doesnt automatically mean it is a full luck scheme. Its in the free league, first of all that should ring a bell already. So, according to tus, it would be scheme that contains luck, but at the same time appropriate for a league, which definitely means theres a skill bar in this scheme.

I used to hate mole, I thought it was a scheme that just contained luck as well. To be honest, with the amount of matches I had with Zalo, my perception totally changed. You just see in his game that he has an answer to (almost) any tactic, and any sort of lucky moves you have. Skunk3, Id definitely recommend you to play against a top player, to rethink about your opinion about this scheme when you have done that.

Hope ya enjoy your day