Forums
April 19, 2024, 10:06 AM

Author Topic: Logical riddle, not to detect.  (Read 12229 times)

Re: Logical riddle, not to detect.
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2014, 08:21 PM »
Considering the topic of recent questions, I'll go with Sirius A and Sirius B :)

Sirius B attracts gases from Sirius A, while Sirius A still glows hot as a blue star. The names suggest they belong together, but they aren't all that close to each other (millions of kilometers apart).

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2014, 12:15 AM »
Nice try, DarkOne! However, the hot friend is not one of the two in question, and none of them are stars.

Does it have something to do with physics?

Yeah.
x_+

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2014, 07:44 PM »
Force and Work sounds plausible :) not sure how to put the gay description in there, though.
The friend of Work is temperature (another type of energy - hot)
Force and Work sound like the same thing, but they're not: Force times distance equals Work (W=Fs)

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2014, 07:09 AM »
Nice theory with the formula! Still very nope, no formula knowledge needed.
x_+

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2014, 07:26 AM »
I think I'm lost in words

One's like, kinda gay. The other's friend is totally hot, duh. you've presented 3 entities in this sentence, am I right? The kinda gay, the other, and the other's friend.

They look like they belong together, but they're not. but they're not what? surely the correct syntax is "but they don't"?

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2014, 10:05 AM »
you've presented 3 entities in this sentence, am I right? The kinda gay, the other, and the other's friend.

That's correct.

They look like they belong together, but they're not. but they're not what? surely the correct syntax is "but they don't"?

They're not together. Saying "but they don't" opens up the (admittedly unlikely) possibility I was meaning They look like they belong together, but they don't look like they belong together. Compare to "They look weird, but they're not" vs "They look weird, but they don't". You would only say the latter if you intended to speak a contradiction, eg. if each is true but from different viewpoints or ways of thinking.
x_+

Offline Rok

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2014, 11:54 AM »
One thing's still not clear, IMO - so the hot and the gay thing look like they belong together, is that so?

Scratch that, doesn't look like it.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2014, 12:02 PM »
I dont know what is topic is about, I will get drunk and come back again

Offline Rok

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2014, 12:12 PM »
So, electron and proton? The electron would be the gay one, merrilly orbiting around the nucleus, while proton's friend, neutron, is the hot one (they basically drive nuclear chain reactions, IINM). Don't know where to put that change and distance thing, though.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2014, 11:24 PM »
Incorrect but nice try. To help narrow it down you could ask yes/no questions.
x_+

Offline avirex

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2014, 11:12 PM »
you leave home, you take 3 left turns only to return home, and find 2 men in masks..

who/what are you?

Offline Bloopy

« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2014, 04:05 AM »
you leave home, you take 3 left turns only to return home, and find 2 men in masks..

who/what are you?

In my case, a bad driver. I just drove the wrong way on a one way street.
x_+

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2014, 06:12 PM »
Bloopy: are the 3 entities abstracts?

avirex: Your house is being burgled!

I just got home, so here's the image I promised:

What's so special about this image? I took this photo myself without photoshopping it afterwards (except downsizing cause it was too big)

Offline Peja

« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2014, 07:00 PM »
i guess i am excluded from d1s riddle

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2014, 09:19 PM »
Only if you already know the answer ;D I think I showed you the other photo, so yeah