Forums
April 24, 2024, 06:56 AM

Author Topic: Mug shots / Post your vehicle !  (Read 14566 times)

Offline Prankster

Re: Mug shots / Post your vehicle !
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2014, 03:51 PM »
27,5, the odd one!
now mine are 622 to be precise, which is the diameter of the rims in mm. depending on the tire, it's either called 28" (mostly trekking bikes), 29er (xc/freeride), or 700c (road). with my current tires I'm technically between a 28" and a 29er..

yeah I too forgot a lot about repairing in 2 years while I didn't have a bike, but got back in business fast and I like fixing my bike almost as much as riding it. not to mention that buying the equipment once is cheaper than taking it to the service every time..

I'm quite satisfied with 7 speeds, yea. my total gear ratio is 244%, which is not too much, compared to a 3x7-8-9 set which is usually around 400%, but it's enough for me most of the time. there's definitely more pros of it for me, than cons (or rather a derailleur has more cons than pros over an IGH).

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2014, 04:55 PM »
Can you explain the pro's?

And yeah my bike is more of an all-round bike, because I cycle to work now, I live in the middle of f@#!ing nowhere where no shops are open after 7pm until 7am the next day and since I stick to my nightshift routine it's good to be able to cycle to the next town to the 24 hour Tesco now(where I work lol).

And I can also do beginner downhill track stuff, which I haven't tried yet, only had the bike 2-3 weeks, but there is a local downhill track less than a mile away from my house that the owners of the shop where I got my bike made, they had JCB's (diggers) in and everything, supposed to be really good.

My brothers mates go to Glentress (if you heard of that) it's like THE bike track of Scotland lol.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2014, 05:07 PM »

: ) : )

Offline rU`

« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2014, 05:21 PM »
Nice car Berria  :) You're definitely a Mercedes lover
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2014, 03:13 AM »
Can you explain the pro's?

And yeah my bike is more of an all-round bike, because I cycle to work now, I live in the middle of f@#!ing nowhere where no shops are open after 7pm until 7am the next day and since I stick to my nightshift routine it's good to be able to cycle to the next town to the 24 hour Tesco now(where I work lol).

And I can also do beginner downhill track stuff, which I haven't tried yet, only had the bike 2-3 weeks, but there is a local downhill track less than a mile away from my house that the owners of the shop where I got my bike made, they had JCB's (diggers) in and everything, supposed to be really good.

My brothers mates go to Glentress (if you heard of that) it's like THE bike track of Scotland lol.

Yeah, they say a hardtail with a good front suspension is perfect for beginner dh. I went once without any suspension tho, it was a nightmare. But probably more because of my bad brakes.. Never heard of Glentress, I'm not much into dh. Do you know Danny MacAskill tho?

Pros of an IGH:
  • 100% weather sealed shifting
    less maintenance (oil once a year)
    much less wear on cogwheels and the chain (spares you money)
    less overhanging parts
    close to instant shifting
    it shifts even when you're not moving
    you can jump from any gear to another with one move of your wrist (if you have gripshift).

I'm gonna say the cons too:
  • a bit heavier than a derailleur system
    the weight is concentrated on the rear wheel
    you lose some pedaling efficiency because of the igh system (you probably won't feel it tho)
    requires more time and savviness to fix if it's broken
    with the most IGHs you shouldn't shift while pedaling
    atm there aren't too many of it that's good for extreme cycling

Offline Hussar

« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2014, 07:51 AM »
Nice car Berria  :) You're definitely a Mercedes lover

hehe yea.

almost year pased by when i bought this one and i think it will stay for another one or even two.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2014, 11:45 AM »

: ) : )

no no berria, widze ladnie sie idzie dorobic na opierdalaniu ludzi ubezpieczeniach  :-*

Offline lalo

« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2014, 12:45 PM »
There are few roads in Musselburgh too. I know one pretty close to the 24/7 Tesco, go to the south and there's one with small hills and stuff.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2014, 01:57 PM »
There are few roads in Musselburgh too. I know one pretty close to the 24/7 Tesco, go to the south and there's one with small hills and stuff.

Yeah, the one close to the 24/7 (where you pass by offices and factories) is called "The Grove", the forest place that's where I cycle to work and back, it's kinda freeky cycling through there at night in pitch black haha, but with my ridiculously bright as f@#! headlight & liquid dnb on ma headphones it's really quite tranquil too :)

The other place is more than likely "The BMX track" if it's the one close to the golf course & sea, I haven't actually been there for yeeeeears, it's supposed to have been upgraded as well, will have to check it out :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2014, 06:47 PM »
I had few problems with my bike it was making some weird noises so I traded it in and upgraded to this:

This was the bike I wanted originally but was few hundred out of my budget, but I got paid new month so I could afford now :D

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2014, 08:32 PM »
You gonna post your Nikes too?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline lalo

« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2014, 08:42 PM »
Looks awesome Komito. I want to upgrade mine in the near future for another 29" too. What are the specs of your bike?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2014, 08:56 PM »
What are the specs of your bike?

1MP

(manpower)
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2014, 09:00 PM »
Looks awesome Komito. I want to upgrade mine in the near future for another 29" too. What are the specs of your bike?

Color - silk black/grey/green
Frame Size - 17"
Name - Big.Nine TFS-D
Fork - Rock Shox XC30TK29 100
Derailleur Front - Shimano Deore H35 triple
Derailleur Rear - Shimano Deore XT Shadow
Shifters - Shimano Deore
Brake Lever - attached
Brakes - Shimano M445 180 mm Cen / Shimano M445 160 mm Cen
Chainwheel - Shimano M522 Octa 42-32-24
Chainguard - no
Bbset - Shimano Octalink
Chain - KMC X10 10s
Hubs - Shimano M435 Cen
Rim - Merida Big.Nine Comp D
Freewheel - Shimano CS-HG-10 11-36
Tires - Merida Race Lite 29er 2.1 fold
Spokes - black stainless
Handlebar Stem - Merida NC OS 7°
Handlebar - Merida Comp OS 680 Flat
Headset - EGG Steel
Seat Post - Merida Comp SB12 27.2 mm
Saddle - Merida Pro SI
Pedal - XC Alloy
Weight - 12.80 kg

This is all taken straight from the Merida website (where my bike was ordered), I have added a mount for my nightlight on the front handlebar(will take a picture at some point), i've strapped a little rear light to the back, don't even know what it's called but it's good the guy gave me it for free with the nightlight I bought, I added a standard sort of black bottlecage(the same one from old bike) and I will add a 2nd for really long cycles soon, I have ordered lime coloured tubecaps, I have also ordered a chainguard (although the guy said he needs to replace the chainring I think it was called because it doesn't have the proper part to connect a chainguard).

Em, that's about it, i've ordered gloves too and bought a helmet cuz one my hands are starting to freeze cycling to work at night and the helmet is for serious downhill jumps I intend to do :D

Offline Ryan

« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2014, 09:32 PM »
I'm collecting my Merc C250 in a few weeks :)