Forums
April 20, 2024, 12:19 AM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 63299 times)

Offline Kradie

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #525 on: June 26, 2016, 04:59 PM »
You guys should just focus on fix the WA Bugs and iam sure it would make us much more happy than new Worms Version!!! we want still drive our Fusca porra!!! Go home with ur Ferrari!!! xD

WA isn't even Team17's priority Nino.

Even if WA 4.0 were to come, I think a lot of people who are passionate about WA wouldn't care much for WMD. Because WA would offer so much more than WMD could ever be, except for graphics. Of course i could be wrong.

But I am not dismissing WMD, it looks quite promising.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 26, 2016, 05:14 PM »
Power settings are irrelevant.

Even in Mole Shopper most of the scheme defining "power settings" are applied through in-game unlockables (golden grenades, shotgun power etc)

99% of the schemes that currently exist can be played with regular power settings with not much change to the way it plays out, if any at all.

It's the kind of noise that comes from users (TheKomodo) unable to prioritize or order thoughts in their head.

If anything, we should be focusing on the gameplay settings, fall damage, retreat times, objects in the map, HP, turn time and all these things that we need full control in order to develop varied schemes. Or simple quality of life improvements like being able to set custom placements before the game, for every worm and team.

edit: it would affect rope schemes a lot of course, this was already mentioned and it's a non issue in WMD considering they acknowledge roperacing as a real thing.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 05:21 PM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #527 on: June 26, 2016, 11:28 PM »
Aerox, you are not actually as smart as you think you are and actually ignorant at best of times.

Without various power settings many schemes wouldn't even exist, that's reason enough, regardless of your selfish condescending opinions.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 27, 2016, 08:58 AM »
wtf?

why am I alone in telling this laughing stock he's a disgrace to common sense? Seriously people, you have no heart.

komo, before hitting the reply button comes the reading part, and the understanding bit, make sure you get those right before making yet another retarded post.

oh, and dont forget to rub to MI because I used the most fitting adjectives to describe you and your actions.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 09:03 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #529 on: June 27, 2016, 09:07 AM »
Aerox, I'll argue and debate with people, sometimes i'll get a little bit frustrated and feel like they are being temporary stupid, but still i'll respect them as a person and as a human being, I don't treat them like they shouldn't exist like you do.

Most of your posts are full of bigotry and condescending opinions, you have an overwhelming sense of superiority i'm guessing comes down to your education and wealthy family traditions, you look down on people less fortunate than yourself, at least this is how you act on the internet, I don't have the slightest clue if you are nicer in person and frankly i'm not interested.

Regarding what I said about editing power levels of schemes, I dare you to prove me wrong, you haven't even said WHY you disagree, just that you disagree, because not only are you a condescending bigot, you're lazy.

Conclusion:

It doesn't matter who you are or what you do there will always be haters(like Aerox), do what you feel is right and try to enjoy life and the right people will come along :)

Offline Peja

« Reply #530 on: June 27, 2016, 09:26 AM »
aside from people being into scheme making, most players in this league dont care for weapon power levels. they play their same 8 schemes 24/7 a year.
ofc its better to have more options, its fun to edit things. i have been playing this game  alot, but i cant recall the last time i really put thoughts into power levels of weapon, its a nice feature but pretty much useless for competitive play.
komo should be less obsessed about replicating his wa schemes in wmd. this would allow to focus on the new game instead of reading endless comments about every tiny different detail from wa to wmd.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #531 on: June 27, 2016, 09:33 AM »
That's true, most recognized players in this League(Classic) don't care for weapon power levels, but those players are pretty close minded, they fear change and can't adapt to newer schemes.

I am not obsessed about replicating my one and only WA scheme "JpBnG" into W.M.D.

Yes, I would have liked to have tried Darts on W.M.D, but that would NEVER be the sole reason to buy or not buy it.

For people who like things to be perfect and specific, they need to be able to customize as much as possible, how can you not realize this, what exactly is the problem here?

Why would I be such a horrible person for wanting the game to be as customizable as possible lol?? I think you guys are being pretty weird here :P

Offline Kradie

« Reply #532 on: June 27, 2016, 09:41 AM »
I can do an honorable reminder of what Mr Jonno has stated previously

''Ultimately I remind you once again that we are not making Worms Armageddon remastered. We are making what we feel to be the spiritual successor to Worms Armageddon - that game is Worms W.M.D''

Anyway.

About ''newer'' schemes, someone said ''we don't need new schemes'' These types of people are Indeed reluctant to try newer schemes out.- YES I am pertaining to some of my own schemes. But in general, people are pretty much close minded in the circle they coexist in.

Many will likely push WMD aside and stay in WA.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #533 on: June 27, 2016, 09:55 AM »
I can do an honorable reminder of what Mr Jonno has stated previously

''Ultimately I remind you once again that we are not making Worms Armageddon remastered. We are making what we feel to be the spiritual successor to Worms Armageddon - that game is Worms W.M.D''

I don't want W.M.D to be WA lol, glad it looks and feels a lot different, however I expect a company to make improvements not cutbacks.

But in general, people are pretty much close minded in the circle they coexist in.

Agreed.

Many will likely push WMD aside and stay in WA.

Personally, I hope to play both, but that all depends if they f**k it up or not.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 27, 2016, 10:37 AM »
this thread is now kidnapped by Komodo
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #535 on: June 27, 2016, 11:39 AM »
this thread is now kidnapped by Komodo

After being hijacked by you!

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 27, 2016, 11:44 AM »

Yes, I would have liked to have tried Darts on W.M.D, but that would NEVER be the sole reason to buy or not buy it.

What about that time you specifically said you where done with WMD and would never buy it for some mundane reason?

Did you delete that already?
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #537 on: June 27, 2016, 11:48 AM »
No drill, no bill

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #538 on: June 27, 2016, 11:50 AM »
I never said at any point was not going to buy it, I did however change my opinion multiple times leaning towards buying it or not:

Dunno if I can be bothered buying it now  :o

Then pretty soon remembered this lol:

Edit: Well, I actually will be buying it seeing as it's a prize for the JpBnG Tournament lol xD

At the moment, I am still undecided if i'll buy a personal copy   ???

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 27, 2016, 11:58 AM »
I never said at any point was not going to buy it

yes you did, and you've deleted the post. Lmao

you know who changes opinions every 5 minutes because they don't have rational thinking or patience? 11 year olds.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:03 PM by Aerox »
Eat a bag full of dicks.