Forums
April 16, 2024, 01:35 PM

Author Topic: Team17 has announced Worms WMD  (Read 63078 times)

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Team17 has announced Worms WMD
« Reply #615 on: July 14, 2016, 02:44 AM »
it shows as 30$ usa when i view it on steam

Offline nino

« Reply #616 on: July 14, 2016, 09:24 AM »
It is $26.31 For u Komo

No, it's £19.99 for me, I don't use dollars.

Lmao... neither me.. I use Real, I was showing u that in Dollar it is like 26,31... dont ack puto mate i know ur for more than a decade and u never did!!!!! make the king proud please!!!  ;D
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Jonno_Team17

« Reply #617 on: August 02, 2016, 09:29 AM »
So there's a Mech now...
Community Manager at Team17

Offline goom

« Reply #618 on: August 12, 2016, 08:50 AM »
seems that is a relic of the past now ::)

(click for html5 quality)
anybody know how to embed gfycat on SMF 2?

aiming cursor, to scale per zoom

i understand why the worms' names don't get smaller (for clarity's sake on console), but is there any legitimate reason for the aiming cursor to remain the same size and position relative to the active worm? it just doesn't seem to make much sense, unless they intentionally want to promote 'zoom checking' for easy shots.

current aiming cursor

cursor scaled to 1:1

i get the feeling that this may have been an oversight... haha, get it?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 08:52 AM by goom »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 12, 2016, 11:10 AM »
Jonno did say Team17 were planning on updating and fixing the game during its lifetime. But when you launch a multiplayer title without the proper beta testing, shit like this slips, and then a battery of excuses follow as to why we still have that zooming glitch that allows to "cheat" 2 years from now. Or worse, they will justify it someway.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #620 on: October 06, 2016, 12:45 PM »
Due to a server database problem, this topic got corrupted. I restored over 600 posts of it from the backups but last couple of pages got lost. (about last 30 posts)
I apologize for any inconvenience. (still trying to restore though)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 02:31 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #621 on: October 09, 2016, 10:21 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/app/327030/discussions/0/343788552545456937/
He was using some hack to craft any weapon without crafting ingredients so I fired up Cheat Engine and killed his whole team.

Playing WMD online sounds quite interesting!
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline HHC

« Reply #622 on: October 10, 2016, 10:54 AM »
He was using some hack to craft any weapon without crafting ingredients so I fired up Cheat Engine and killed his whole team.

Playing WMD online sounds quite interesting!

Guess it'll go same way as WA and ranks will be disabled :D

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #623 on: October 10, 2016, 03:13 PM »
Yeah, no, I'm not gonna lose the online points I gained legitimaly because you're cheating in online matches. Stop crying like a little ♥♥♥♥♥ because somebody out-cheated you.
:o

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #624 on: October 20, 2016, 07:14 AM »
http://steamcommunity.com/app/327030/discussions/0/341537671995395338/ "This game is dead - THANKS TEAM 17"
according to a view of a number of WMD players, WMD is RIP after just a few months after release
do anyone want to make a pun out of that?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline nino

« Reply #625 on: October 20, 2016, 10:47 AM »

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Senator

« Reply #626 on: October 20, 2016, 12:09 PM »
http://steamcommunity.com/app/327030/discussions/0/341537671995395338/ "This game is dead - THANKS TEAM 17"
according to a view of a number of WMD players, WMD is RIP after just a few months after release
do anyone want to make a pun out of that?

I haven't had problems finding ranked games though. Maybe less funners are hosted than in WA.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #627 on: October 20, 2016, 08:21 PM »
I've had the chance to play quite a bit of WMD by this point and here's what I think...

WMD sucks.

It has so much potential to be good, but for now it's shockingly bad. The claim of 'over 80' weapons is a joke, the crafting system sucks, vehicles suck except for the occasional funner, the ranked scheme has gotten better but still sucks, the ranking system itself is worthless (it is basically grind-based), you can barely find hosted games during what should be peak hours, there's loads of bugs, a glaring lack of content, the rope mechanics are better than recent titles but still not close to as good as W:A, the fkey mapping is all f@#!ed up, there's a major lack of customization, and perhaps the most annoying part of all is the community itself. In the newer Worms games, people won't think twice about choosing a particular player and singling them out, and attacking ONLY them until they are dead. People also gang up with others and will do the same thing... like unofficial teams. It happens all of the time. Say I am playing in a 6-player FFA match in WMD... what ends up happening the overwhelming majority of the time is this: After about 5 turns or so, everyone makes it their holy mission to kill me because it's obvious that I know what I'm doing. I've tried explaining that even in a no rules match, that's just bad Wormsmanship. That's not how we play in W:A, and it's just lame behavior. Newer players don't give a shit. They will be as cheap and ruthless as possible to exterminate a 'threat,' even if that means totally screwing themselves over in the process. It's maddening. If any of you decide to buy and play WMD, just EXPECT to get ganged up on / singled out, because it WILL happen.... and unfortunately, there's a major lack of defensive items / utilities in WMD, so you can't defend yourself very well. In Clan Wars there were classes that could be used strategically, as well as a much wider variety of defensive options, like lucky charms, teleshields, lightning strikes, etc. In WMD you basically get select worm, girder (no girder starter pack), and a crappy magnet.

Long story short: WMD looks great graphically and the rope isn't terrible... but it feels unfinished. It feels like it should still be in beta. Worst of all, the newer players are annoying as f@#!.

Offline HHC

« Reply #628 on: October 20, 2016, 10:05 PM »
Think you are exaggerating on most points. The ganging up seems more like whining :D (I mean, if they don't gang up, and you are ten times better, then where's the challenge?). Also, didn't see you in any of the cups hosted, if you wanna play players 1vs1 play ranked or these cups, and see how well you fare against better players.

I only play the game once or twice each week (the cups), I guess I kinda lost interest in worming altogether, but I think the game is worth it. The only thing that kinda lets me down is the 'sluggishness' of the game, wouldn't mind if it geared up a little. Newho... when I see Senator working on his crafting tactics I can only be impressed by the strategic depth of the game. It kinda lets me down to know that the game will never reach maturity cause dying community already, cos ya, when you take it to perfection the thought processes behind default games will make WA-elite look like kindergarden-chess.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #629 on: October 21, 2016, 04:55 AM »
Bad sportswormship*