Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:30 PM

Author Topic: Possibly BNG Change  (Read 8441 times)

Offline Breeze

Re: Possibly BNG Change
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2012, 06:04 AM »
Honestly I just wanted a SG to adjust my hides slightly.
Times are a changing, KRD.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2012, 07:20 AM »
BnG will be even harder then now, wtf guys....  harder, faster and more enjoyable for many of us.

Peoples which are playing league often wants those changes and dot.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2012, 11:58 AM »
I think it'd be a needlessly brutal change.

The real solution, people learning how to BnG well, just feels a lot more healthy in the long run. Although granted, it might be too late for that here on TUS.

Open leagues, sadly, don't work that way. We need a2b!

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2012, 12:59 PM »
We need a2b!

You and others have said this numerous times and everytime I asked Liam to re-open it, no one played...

a2b is unfortunately, a failure, but it was still special in it's small prime :)

Offline Ramone

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2012, 03:14 PM »
Honestly I just wanted a SG to adjust my hides slightly.
Times are a changing, KRD.

SG is the thing that everyone agrees on Breeze, I think U can consider it done.. Same goes for inf. tele, inf. torch and inf. firepunch.. (To sum this thread up a bit)

What's left to discuss is:
1. Maps
2. 1 girder or no girders?
3. Turn time and hot-seat time, same or less?
4. Playing BnG with TestStuff or not (/cira and /alp)?

My thoughts:
Gap in the middle of the map to get rid of closeness rule is the thing I started to use on my maps 3 yrs ago.. https://www.tus-wa.com/profile/Ramone/maps/?type=BnG
Now, not all of those maps are the best example, they were made for funners with friends, but U can get the idea of how can they look like..
I know that map making style for official games is hardly to force to players, but at least there could be some sort of "standard" what is the good map and what's not. I've noticed in this new TUS home page that a big percentage of BnG official games are played on maps like this or similar:

No difference in heights, little rounded hills sorted next to each others and a tree on every little hill.. Most of the players hides down in the deep thin holes and 4s fp or 5s lg nade-war is on.. Euugh..
HHC have made a good remark:
Perhaps playing BnG on a non-level field is also a good idea. When worms are not on the same height it's quite a lot harder to notch shots.

As I've said, I know it can't be forced, but it won't hurt to try and play on some different map types sometimes.. It doesn't always have to be -forest, there are lots of other good terrains for BnG maps as: Fruit, Tentacle, Hospital, Art, Desert or even Cheese, Tools, Pirate, Manhattan... All of these gives U different possibilities, different bounces, banks, hides etc..

Also BnG official games should not be played on pre-made maps! I've noticed that lots of my bng maps were used for league games, it shouldn't be allowed imo and moderators should do something about it.. If U really don't have 30 secs to make a new map, at least change terrain or reseed objects.

I don't see a need for a girder rather than a perfect tool for making the tightest hide or for darksiding.. It can be easily misused and yeah, I know it can be destroyed by other player, but still.. I don't see a need to complicate it with the girder, so imo - no girders at all.

I think that every tweak in rules in order to "reduce effectiveness of notching" (as Mablak says) is a good tweak. Yeah, it's not gonna solve the notching issue or get rid of it, but at least it would make it more difficult for notchers and ppl who marks the screen with thumbs, papers etc.. No retreat time and 7-8 secs turn time could be a good change.

Same as for the turn time. But I guess that most of players are not familiar with bng+teststuff and that they should test /ts and discuss it. It would surely reduce effectiveness of notching, but I ain't sure how much and in which ways it affects the "classic" way of bng playing.. I don't have a strong opinion about it either, need to test it few times first..

Offline Prankster

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2012, 03:32 PM »
My exact thougths, Ram!

And to Komo: you don't have to think I'm asking you here, "we need a2b" was only an expression of a thougth of mind about having a private league of bng with style and philosophy. Yes, I was playing it, btw.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2012, 03:42 PM »
[offtopic]I could bring back a2b (if you want), but I'm not sure about your activity guys. Obscure is/was an example of a2b guy to me. Getting active and getting inactive...active and inactive. We can't trust your stability ;)[/offtopic]

[ontopic]
I'm not sure about ts, but other listed changes sounds good to me:
1. Inf Teleport, Firepunch, Torch ...
2. No hotseat time.
3. 7 sec turn time
4. No girders

Did I miss anything?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 03:48 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Peja

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2012, 03:46 PM »
add atleast 5 sec hot seat so i can a take a piss in a clanner  :P

Offline Hussar

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2012, 04:03 PM »
Good choice MI, i could add ts also this could make bngmore harder but anyway those changes will be great.

For all negative person's, guys just look on seazonals statistic, BnG is the most rarely chosen sheme !

This means something.

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2012, 04:03 PM »
7sec without hot seat? There is more time in hysteria xD

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Peja

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2012, 04:24 PM »
Good choice MI, i could add ts also this could make bngmore harder but anyway those changes will be great.

hell yeah lets also add a minigame for dynadrops where u need to tap space at right time otherwise your drop will fail. well make it it harder its great. what about we add a timelimit of 2 seconds for rope in default schemes, will make it harder its great. and another nice idea, we should play all schemes with fog war of war.  its damm boring when u can see opponent worms when they are far.  it will be so much fun, lets just shit on worms armageddon. we need fun, we need new stuff. we need to change the game mechanics

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2012, 04:32 PM »
I agree with Peja, we need changes! :D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2012, 06:28 PM »
I cannot disagree with anything Ramone says, it all makes sense.

7 seconds and no hotseat time ruins the whole "relaxed" feeling of BnG for me though if I have to be honest, BnG for me is the "patient gentlemans" scheme, being able to do games and run to toilet or get juice or something between turns, being able to minimise reply to a conversation on MSN for something and return...

But I guess that's just me lol

Offline Peja

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2012, 06:35 PM »
i never thought komo seems to be the only one who understands me  ;D

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2012, 06:46 PM »
You missed pneumatic drill!!
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓