Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:30 AM

Author Topic: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos  (Read 26454 times)

Offline Rabbzz

Re: KEYBOARD - Definitive ! +Photos
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2016, 04:26 AM »
All I ever need

This is my laptop keyboard, Dell Inspirion 15
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:16 AM by Rabbit »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2016, 09:21 AM »
Bah, rabbit.. those arrow keys+enter makes me feel claustrophobic  :-X

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2016, 09:54 AM »
Took awhile to get used to. I do rope on 1, 2, 3, 5 on numpad as arrows to get rid of keylock. The low profile space is great to twitch on. I would love this keyboard with the low profile space but have high profile arrows.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2016, 02:23 PM »
Just found what I need

Think I might buy this and give it a go.

Offline Husk

« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2016, 03:42 PM »
oh yeah the half assed down and up arrow is very difficult to rope on, I tried that sometime xD the enter could be bigger, but I guess u remapped it?

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2016, 01:31 AM »
Yea I remap the laptop arrows to the numpad and use my pinky for enter.

Offline Husk

« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2016, 05:00 PM »
k m8 I cudn't find that enter! xD I need it to be huge =P

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2016, 12:14 AM »
has anyone tested the corsair k65?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2016, 12:44 AM »
Friend just informed me that "Cougar" arrived. We unwrapped it, tested for keylock/ghosting.
I plugged external disc and tried W:A. Roping on it feels comfortable and precise.

On first glance, must say, really good buy. Finally convinced.
I'll write here if he experience any negativities next few days.

Don't forget pls  :-\

Week later he's still amused by this kb quality for that price. No negativites.
I'm waiting for that croatian company gets more of them in stock, and will purchase one right away. 

Offline skunk3

« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2016, 06:33 AM »

I have a Corsair Vengeance K70 and it is fantastic. Cherry MX Red switches, and looks sexy in the dark due to the backlighting. The only negative about it is that I seem to be less able to "flagpole" on demand vs. before I got it... I played on a cheap piece of shit Dell kb for years before getting my Corsair. I dunno if it is the keyboard or just my rusty fingers, but flagpole-ing definitely feels like it is harder to do than it was before. (Like when I am in a rope race and want to extend upwards through a narrow climb.) I am fairly certain that it is me and not the kb though.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 06:42 AM by skunk3 »

Online Triad

« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2016, 12:02 PM »
I haven't tested it but just to inform: The K65 RGB is tenkeyless meaning it has no numpad. Whilst the K70 RGB is full size. There is also the K95 RGB which is full size plus dedicated macro keys. I believe the K70 RGB is available in red/brown/blue cherry mx switches but the K65 RGB is available in only red.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2016, 12:26 PM »

I have a Corsair Vengeance K70 and it is fantastic. Cherry MX Red switches, and looks sexy in the dark due to the backlighting. The only negative about it is that I seem to be less able to "flagpole" on demand vs. before I got it... I played on a cheap piece of shit Dell kb for years before getting my Corsair. I dunno if it is the keyboard or just my rusty fingers, but flagpole-ing definitely feels like it is harder to do than it was before. (Like when I am in a rope race and want to extend upwards through a narrow climb.) I am fairly certain that it is me and not the kb though.

It is not you,  you also gain different amount of power through pumps/climbs with different.

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2016, 08:01 AM »
Can anyone tell me which kb is better between logitech illuminated and steelseries apex raw? I've discussed it with senator  (who has both of them) but think i'll need more opinions
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:03 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline Senator

« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2016, 10:52 AM »
I would also require a second opinion if my main source was someone who randomly stacks on expensive pieces of hardware for no apparent reason.

Luckily his main source is not like that :) I had used Logitech Illuminated (recommended by many wormers) for a year and wasn't satisfied with its arrow key accuracy. Then TOMT recommended me Steelseries Apex (he had tested Logitech Illuminated too). Illuminated and Apex are similar type of KB (low profile, non-mechanical, different switches though) so I knew what I was looking for. I still wouldn't have bought Steelseries Apex if I hadn't found it for a fair price (47 USD shipped). Apex has definitely more precise arrow keys but fast tapping is slightly easier with Illuminated so I'm not sure which one to use. Maybe I should plug in both and use one for space and the other for arrow keys ;D

Online Triad

« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2016, 11:00 AM »
Speaking of Steelseries, has anyone tried Steelseries 6gv2 with Cherry MX Red switches?