Forums
April 16, 2024, 08:25 PM

Author Topic: Prevent games saving and black background problems  (Read 710 times)

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
Prevent games saving and black background problems
« on: February 01, 2017, 09:50 PM »
I don't know if there's setting for this but Worms Armageddon keep saving "games" in the folder User/Games that take up so many spaces and i have to delete it frequently. 

Second problems is the black background of the map. I use 112 colors map, the wind particles stay leaf at all levels, the background images is shown but the gradient is missings. Is there a way to fix this ? ( I'm using worm PX btw - WA 3.6 )

Offline WTF-8

Re: Prevent games saving and black background problems
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 10:41 PM »
PX's replays are known to take quite a few times more space than of normal game, as they have all necessary libs attached to them (sometimes well over 10 megabytes), to ensure that the replay plays as intended. Not much can be done with them besides deleting them frequently. I believe that an option to not save replays is planned for future W:A versions, but since PX is stuck with 3.6.31.0, you probably don't care.

W:A's maps are best displayed with max 64 colours, using more will cause certain visual glitches. See http://worms2d.info/Colour_map#Colour_limitation for more info. (Though sometimes people can intentionally add more colours to use certain glitches as if they were features.)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:46 PM by WTF-8 »
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
Re: Prevent games saving and black background problems
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 08:22 AM »

Well that's kinda inconvenient, but i can live with that.

The background however, i reduce colors to 63 but the gradient didn't show up, it's only show up when i press "insert" ( change background setting ) but the wind particles are gone and so does background images. damn...