Forums
April 23, 2024, 09:53 AM

Author Topic: 10 cheating  (Read 15158 times)

Offline Marko

• What is custom title lol

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• Heart wants what the heart wants
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: 10 cheating
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2015, 02:43 AM »
porco dio is diploma degree for me, I couldn't say that even if I wanted to hehe :D

plus if it's a counter insult, I was a very rough kid, so it was called for :D
Every time I come back to TUS, I realize my last signature was cringe

Offline Marko

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2015, 02:49 AM »
Also, I have a good idea. Very easy to execute, instantly detects cheaters.

Put a list of trusted wkit modules (with their current file sizes since they don't usually change, and if they do, it can be easily changed) and call it something like "approved wkit modules", like a list which is already integrated.
If player uses any of the modules not listed, first message on chat sent by client should be:
"I am using one or more of unapproved wormkit modules".
Since I heard Cyber is planning on releasing another version of worms, this would maybe take an hour or so, maybe more, but it would solve all the confusion, + we can always buy him a huge beer as a sign of thanks :)

I think I wanted to present my plan differently, but tonight I'm all in fourier's transformations so my brain feels defective+tired, I'll try to rephrase it tomorrow if I remember :)

Offline CyberShadow

• W:A maintainer

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2015, 03:21 AM »
If player uses any of the modules not listed, first message on chat sent by client should be:
"I am using one or more of unapproved wormkit modules".
The first thing a cheat module would do is disable that notification.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2015, 04:58 AM »
@Marko and Sbaffo,

Please keep this thread clean. Only related subjects to cheating. (please do not reply to this post either)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2015, 07:26 AM »
MonkeyIsland Can you make a wall of shame ?   List of all the players caught cheating ?

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Sensei

« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2015, 08:19 AM »
Was aware of some cheaters but never knew there are so many cheats until I saw first post in this thread.. Unbelievable!

Nice idea pizzasheet. I can start. Protostar aka xforce!? Don't know is that same guy.. But remeber playing with him few months ago. He was obviously using cheat atm, but whole game repeating: "Dude, it's just my style of roping".
Quite funny guy when I think about it :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:21 AM by Sensei »

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2015, 09:09 AM »
One of the thing that I ever started play worms was that there was no cheats, not at all, WWP was great, the only "cheat" there - was wiptistean which everyone knew and it did not help in winning game anyway. I remember times, when i played by 1 hand, roped as well, (I used another hand to move screen by mouse) now there are 100 cheats with doublespace, crate cheats, kb with macro cheats.... f@#! cheats, go play CS u f@#!ing kids

Offline Marko

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2015, 11:49 AM »
Well, tbh, TUS is the main reason cheats started coming imo.

Insted of being grateful to people who wasted months of their valuable time to make fully functional ladders and rest of the stuff, including money prizes (which are prolly the main reason little f@#!heads do it), they sabotage the whole thing.

Sad truth of modern day world, no one appreciates hard work, cheaters rule the Earth now.

Worst part is, they are really casuals mostly, ruining experience for us who really love the game, I mean, I think soon it's gonna be my eighth year on wormnet, not on tus since I haven't heard of it before, even though I found tons of friends here.
Non related, what I'm trying to say, they are making good people leave and community fall apart, and the community has also became fragile lately (as we've seen on dst comments etc.)
I have no ideas how to stop this other than what I stated in my post before this one, they are like a sickness, as soon as they smell profit, cheat we go!

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2015, 11:53 AM »
they sabotage the whole thing.
Please stop, the sky is not falling.

There are no known cheats for the latest version. You can check which version your opponents play. If this is a problem for competitive games, simply forbid using 3.6.31.0. If the situation escalates we will take additional measures.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2015, 02:45 PM »
@marko,

Money prize has been introduced only a few months. TUS has been running for almost 7 years now. The cheat modules were there as far as I remember.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Free

« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2015, 03:39 PM »
The cheat is on.

Offline Marko

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2015, 04:43 PM »
I said the cheats were there since the ladder was introduced.

I never said the sky was falling, I tried to give a suggestion, but since I got flamed like that, I assume you give them candies?

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2015, 08:21 AM »
"nie znaleziono steam api dll.. " czy coś takiego  ::)

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2015, 08:23 AM »
http://(link removed)

have fun :D

Uhh, thanks.

Offline aik

« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2015, 12:15 PM »
We need wkStateWKs ;)
Something that anounces "<USER> ist using wkXYZ."
Maybe it could even detect AHK running - though for putting things like "!map", "!ammo baz inf", "!crate ban 0" etc. I have akh running ;)

But what I realised is - most cheats/scripts/makros don't get you very far. Most are unreliable regarding timing (like sending double Space for Liero like rope). AND i imagine it isn't that rewardingin real games AND cheaters don't get better… see them failing constantly.

Sometimes, when I try to learn a new trick, I try first with ahk-scripting – but it mostly only works in the traingmap environment, and I'd never use that on WormNet.
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>