Forums
April 20, 2024, 06:40 AM

Author Topic: Experimental season result - bng  (Read 15097 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Experimental season result - bng
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2015, 09:46 PM »
didnt you just get done saying how no one can find the schemes, or the rules?? now your saying everyone is studying and hosting bng games according to them??

I never said no one can't, I said I can't lol, and some others can't.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #197 on: April 25, 2015, 04:23 PM »
Why can't you find the rules of schemes? This is what I did:

Click on Leagues (most logically location of rules), click on scheme rules, pick bng and read the rules. Easy life?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2015, 04:36 PM »
Why can't you find the rules of schemes? This is what I did:

Click on Leagues (most logically location of rules), click on scheme rules, pick bng and read the rules. Easy life?

Because there has been a history of rule changes and scheme changes, the experimental rule changes are in a seperate thread, the rules for the classic BnG scheme and the new one are different I couldn't even find the new BnG scheme.

On the top of the TuS site there is:

Home - Calendar - Forums - Groups - Leagues - Cups - Tournaments - Challenges - Maps - Schemes - Files - Awards - Donate

^^ But no Rules... Rules should be added here, which cover EVERY SINGLE rule on TuS, for all leagues and schemes, that cover everything anyone could possibly wonder.

The most logical location would be something that states "rules" on the main page somewhere, not after clicking 2-3 links... You know I am right.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2015, 04:47 PM »
In all honesty, technically TUS is a community site primarily with a league added to it. It has a map/scheme database that is incredible rich, it has forums, challenges and cups and obviously also a league. So yeah, if you believe TUS is just a league then you are wrong and it is perfectly fine for the front page to not have the rules because rules are a subcategory of the league sections.

Still in doubt? This is the introduction to TUS:

Welcome!

The Ultimate Site aka TUS is a website dedicated to the game Worms:Armageddon created by Team17. It contains almost anything related to W:A from leagues and competitive games to maps and other goodies to download. Most of these parts on TUS are linked together and have a relationship with each other.

TUS has grown with ideas suggested by its members. This is kinda our routine to increase the quality of this website by implementing ideas. We welcome newbies as much as oldschoolers. If you are new to this website, don't hesitate to introduce yourself. Checkout our forums!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 04:50 PM by Anubis »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2015, 04:56 PM »
Well you are wrong, because TuS used to be TuT - The ultimate Tournament, was a website that ran lots of Tournaments, I used to host a lot there before MI took over, CF loved my JpBnG Tournaments ask JohnMclane.

It's always been competitive based.

Edit: Either way, people mainly use TuS to compete against each other, the rules should be clear on the home page.

Offline darKz

« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2015, 10:05 PM »
Yeah Kai, the rules on the BnG scheme page aren't the current rules. The current ones are hidden somewhere in a forum thread.
I'm just trying to say TUS needs a little maintenance, I know MI doesn't have a lot of time nowadays (and I understand that very well) but this site sure as hell could use an upgrade in terms of organization.

And I don't know what you're trying to say with that post vesuvio. So I pasted the rules in the ESL forums 5 years ago, now what? :o
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline vesuvio

« Reply #202 on: April 25, 2015, 10:21 PM »
huh i read someone was finding it hard to find bng rules. i just put a link with bng rules in =D

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2015, 06:17 AM »
If I'm lucky, I get to check TUS once a day. If one of you is kind enough to maintain the rules, I'll update them right after. I apologize for my inactivity. I'm doing my best to get back active, even in the leagues to play myself.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2015, 07:46 AM »
If I'm lucky, I get to check TUS once a day. If one of you is kind enough to maintain the rules, I'll update them right after.

What exactly do you mean by "maintain the rules"? 

On another note, I can't do any programming but if there is anything else that I could help with around TuS let me know, I am probably the most active person on TuS, I check TuS several times everyday.

I apologize for my inactivity. I'm doing my best to get back active, even in the leagues to play myself.

No need to be sorry, if you busy with other work or stuff then it must be a good thing :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2015, 05:48 PM »
Komo, you have a very hard time admitting when your wrong...

Anubis made it very clear where the rules are, Click "Leagues" (which is what you want the rules to, correct??? i mean.. your not looking for the forum rules are you? or the Cups rules?? or Maps/schemes/etc. uploading rules and regulations, ae? you want the Leagues rules right?) then you click scheme rules....

Anubis is absolutely right, this site is a base hub for W:A, and just so happens to have a league involved in it... if you want rules to the site, that would be a link you would find on the first page... but thats irrelevant, no? If you want the rules to the league, they are where they should be.

Darkz is right though, its not a matter of where they are, its 'what' they are... they are incomplete, vague, and out dated. but, not really by any fault of MonkeyIsland, other then he does not ever ask for help.

Monkey, no one knows what to help you with, if you dont ask ;P im sure there are plenty of people that would pitch in with things they can get involved in!! It may even give komo something to do rather then find debates! ;)

Komo: "What exactly do you mean by "maintain the rules"?  "

what he means is, write up a current, and up to date rule page for each scheme, copy and past the text to him, he can proof read, verify the rules are correct (and not the komo variation of them)  and then next time he is updating the site, its just a simple copy and paste for him.

Offline philie

« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2015, 06:25 PM »
awesome, you guys are still discussing  :o

Offline Peja

« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2015, 07:10 PM »
its funny how avirex and komo switched their amount of words per post  :D

Offline philie

« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2015, 07:19 PM »
haha, true