Forums
April 19, 2024, 11:38 PM

Author Topic: Future of TUS  (Read 12362 times)

Future of TUS
« on: November 12, 2013, 04:20 PM »
TUS is a great league and site, but I wonder what will be after it? It's not really evolving now, people and clans are less active than before. There are many reasons of it, but it's a normal process of getting older.

The real question is: how to make people play WA together if so many of them are busy or maybe lazy to sit on ag for 30 mins and search games they would like to play?

First thing that comes into my mind is Worm Olympics. It's system is so nice, people can see date/times of the tournaments and plan their schedule according to that. If I know that there will a roper tourney at 18:00, I will be sure I can find some other players who like roper and wanna play it not-just-for-fun.

This system can work better than the current one in the future. You see date/times of "meetings", a list of signed-up players and decide to particiapte or not.

Also it solves a problem with "scheme avoiding". Since there will be a global points table, more tournaments you play, more points you have. There won't be more hysteria tournaments than elite or roper.

The only problem is organization. I have no idea how should it work. WO tourneys take too long time, sometimes 4-5 hours. TUS cups system is better at this point except TUS cups take months to finish :D

Well, the point of this topic is not to invent a new system. I just wonder if every1 is happy with the current one :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Korydex

Re: Future of TUS
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 04:44 PM »
There won't be more hysteria tournaments than elite or roper.
Why would you think so?

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 04:50 PM »
I think it's getting better again though. It was really slow at the end of summer/start of autumn when the skools started. But activity seems on the rise again, and not just because of humble bundle stuff. At least, I'm not having too much difficulty finding clanners atm.
http://stats.worms2d.info/

I worked on ideas to make TUS a little better some months ago, but I quit when I realized it wouldn't be much of a difference and not bring back the players that left neway.
And I guess that goes for your WO idea as well. It sounds ok on paper, but do you think it would improve much?

I do miss the tourneys though we used to have on this site. Like 3 hyst, elite or t17 tourneys a week :) But yeah.. at some point people didnt show up nemore and mods gave up on it :(

Offline SPW

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 04:52 PM »
Why would you think so?

more asks, more games. When 80% of the active community want to play a certain scheme, there also must have more games (cups, tourneys etc).

Imo the problem nowadays, people dont take the time to get an allrounder. So its mayme time to change something in the system.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 05:24 PM »
Why would you think so?

Because there will be a strict amount of tournaments of a particular type (per month for example). 10 hysteria, 10 ropers, 10 elites, ...

I have a genious idea: maybe we should ask SPW, Random, franz, etc, what would bring them back to TUS :D except the chance to win a huge amount of money... They seem to gladly play EAC. And Mablak is active in EAC/CWT. Or is it all about money, even 100$? xD

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 05:27 PM »
maybe add tus parallel league? - add more schemes (normal, maybe more)?

Offline Korydex

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 05:45 PM »
maybe add tus parallel league? - add more schemes (normal, maybe more)?
Hmm... Free league, isn't it?

Offline avirex

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 07:56 PM »
Money is the key...

we can be as competitive as we like, but at the end of the day.. its just a replay on tus showing you won or lossed...

we need to add money to the singles/clan league

i thought MonkeyIsland was going to add advertisement banners to the site, in order to generate some income, but either he forgot.. or just too much work...

or perhaps hes working on it...

but im pretty confident if we had a way to pay, the activity would rise, and so would the skill level.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 08:10 PM »
Sorry, but no bloody wonder TuS is dying out, you let people choose and pick what they play and let them avoid certain schemes etc, this is what happens.

If you had been strict from the start, not only do I think TuS would be really active, most players would be better players with more skill.

Edit: Man, I haven't even see MI update the nice shot news on the main page for at least 2 months now...

It's getting to the stage where people are gonna be scared to pick anything...

Offline avirex

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 08:24 PM »
wtf r u talking about?? are you in the wrong thread??

how do you purpose MonkeyIsland and the staff become stricter? if ppl dont want to play a particular scheme, then they have the right to announce that prior to game, but their chance of finding an opponent gets worse and worse...

some people dont want to play roper, and theres nothing we can do about, what do you suggest komo? slap them with automatic losses? some people will accept that, knowing they wont win anyway, or they just dont find roper amusing in any way...  so now tus is filled with free wins??? does that solve a problem? or create more?

so then what komo? if the auto loss is not the answer yo becoming more strict, should we ban members from playing tus??? do you believe thats the ticket to activity?? 

why dont you think through what your saying, before you say ignorant shit.

as far as MI not updating the main page: the man has a life just like the rest of us, cuz him some slack.

ontopic: i rly believe your in the wrong thread ;P
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:31 PM by avirex »

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 02:55 AM »
and if duplicate tournament games in the classic/free league?

Offline ANO

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 08:33 AM »
Nooooooo fuuuuutureeee

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 01:04 PM »
Avi, the same thing I posted in the other thread should be taken into account here, with the exception it applies to singles as well so i'll change it a bit:

Clans/singles shouldn't be allowed to ask for specific schemes, regardless what the reason is, if you don't want to play certain schemes, then recruit players who DO enjoy those schemes you don't enjoy, and if you are playing singles and you don't want to play specific schemes, then don't play, people care too much about having the best statistics, they even care so much about losing a scheme they don't even f@#!ing like, if they don't like it, just play and lose and focus on what you DO enjoy.

If all clans took this on board, there wouldn't be a problem, clans who tried to avoid schemes would gain a bad reputation, and everyone could just avoid playing them, and they would have to eventually play if they want to compete.

^^ The same goes for singles...

It isn't rocket science, all it would take is a team effort, but people are too selfish aren't they...

And yes, if I was MI, I would do everything possible to prevent well known avoiders from participating.

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 06:13 PM »
Edit: Man, I haven't even see MI update the nice shot news on the main page for at least 2 months now...

I can update the promos on the front page as well (and will continue to do so when interesting stuff crosses my path! look at the promo above for Showcase when it's out, as well as the thread, of course).
If people find interesting shots to put on the promo, I will gladly put the shot there for all the wormy world to see, as long as I get a little nudge towards the game.

Thing is, a community is what a community itself makes it. Some people like MI do their thing to make things more awesome, but without a community to make it work, it's not going to work.

And yes, if I was MI, I would do everything possible to prevent well known avoiders from participating.

This is the first time I've seen someone suggest that less players will lead to higher activity. An interesting idea, I'll give you that.

Offline avirex

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 06:30 PM »
exactly whats d1 said.....

your suggesting less players will increase activity, its foolish....

i have already said several times, people who ask for clanners/ or singles with stipulations of less schemes they are willing to play, have decreased chances to find the game they are looking for.

thats their problem, and they obviously accept it... i dont think because someone does not want to play a bng, or a hyst, or a roper game, that MI should remove the from tus, thats crazy talk komo.