Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:45 PM

Author Topic: Future of TUS  (Read 12277 times)

Re: Future of TUS
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2013, 03:58 PM »
Also, we could still count absolute overall, but don't show it by default.

Just save the highest value and show it somewhere on clan page... Don't need to count anything :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Prankster

« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2013, 07:46 PM »
Seriously, changing what to display at the standings is the most important problem regarding the future of this league?

Offline avirex

« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2013, 10:39 PM »
I don't really see the point in debating about how CF got their rating. They decide to play in strong groups and if dt or AeF decided to play in groups of members who can cover all schemes they could easily climb the rating and top CF. Its just a choice of deciding how to run a clan and how competitive you decide to be.

CF achieved it with that method and it should remain at the top of the overall ratings. Someone can do the same route to get there if you try hard enough, and if CF decide to play and become active they'll probably drop points from being rusty.

KRD's arguments addresses the issue of deducting points due to inactivity, no one has come back with an argument to go against his since his post but just carried on talking about CF.

I agree with KRD. Don't reset the standings. That's not the answer.

At the end of the day, what exactly is the problem?

what do u mean no one has came back with an argument to go against his since his post, but just carried on talking about CF???

i believe i have....  my roper stats are all roughly 80% winning in the past seasons, which are all higher then top 10 roper players....   but i will not have a chance to get number 1 spot, without being able to play those players (but they are all inactive) the only way ill be able to get #1 ranking, is to win 95% of my ropers, or better, for a long period of time....   did u even read my posts chicken?

« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2013, 01:24 AM »
Well, they are overall standings, not "the last few seasons" standings... :P

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2013, 10:16 AM »
Well then they should really be called "Historic Standings" lol.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2013, 11:15 AM »
Bullshit avi, you have two clanmates in that top-10 and they are both active :P I can't speak for Statik, but I would accept a tus roper any day of the week against you.. You gotta stop noobashing avi, look at me, I've barely won 60% of my ropers and yet I'm waaaaay above you in rank :D

Offline SPW

« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2013, 05:16 PM »
Bullshit avi, you have two clanmates in that top-10 and they are both active :P I can't speak for Statik, but I would accept a tus roper any day of the week against you.. You gotta stop noobashing avi, look at me, I've barely won 60% of my ropers and yet I'm waaaaay above you in rank :D

finally there is it.

Offline avirex

« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2013, 11:31 PM »
oh jeez crazy...  thnx for stirring the pot... lol

SPW, crazy is joking, he is taking a stab at me...  if he truly believes getting rank 1 is possible, im not sure...

but statik knows exactly what im talking about... and even if i do play statik, and crazy who are in top 10 with me (i think im still in top 10?) then i can only achieve their rank with time...

i can not get to rank 1, without having 95% win or better... but most of top10 only have between 60-80% wins... do you guys really have trouble seeing the problem here???  only me and statik see the issue?

and komo too!! *high five* ;)

ps: holy shit, i dropped to rank 16... not even a week ago, i was 1 rank above u crazy... i think i lost 2 games to reN, theres like -150 right there....  anyway, im not complaining, and i really dont care if the system gets changed or not.. im just pointing out what i think is the obvious, that the current overall system is not accurate.

i cant believe im saying this, but komo is right... they should be called over-all historical standings lol....

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:36 PM by avirex »

Offline SPW

« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2013, 05:14 AM »
Seriously, changing what to display at the standings is the most important problem regarding the future of this league?

Offline Ryan

« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2013, 06:55 AM »
I agree avi.
The person who gets the high rank first holds all the cards, which is why I personally value win % over points.
This is why I said win/loss ratio might be fairer to display for historic stats.

Points are fair for a season basis because everyone starts on the same points.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:59 AM by Ryan »

« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2013, 07:28 AM »
I understand it because I used to play tus ropers a lot and most points I got are stealed from MI and Artic :D And I think it was unfair to them, because all top players should be active to hold their points. Actually same thing can happen in season too. Some players can earn many points and then avoid every1. Well I'm already bored of this discussion, because I created a separate topic some months ago about that. It looks like people don't want to understand until they try, and I'm not sure top players will come back to protected their top positions, but we could give it a try :D

« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2013, 07:40 AM »
One moar idea: if some1 asks for tus default/tus roper only then he should risk to lose more points than usual. For example, if che clan asks for default clanners only, then they should lose 2x points and dt should get 2x points for accepting the offer (in case dt wins). So even if our chances in hyst are not very big, but an expected value of points is positive, we can agree just because it's logical :)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2013, 07:45 AM »
That's actually a good idea...

I wouldn't say x2 points, but maybe a small percentage more.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2013, 12:30 PM »
One moar idea: if some1 asks for tus default/tus roper only then he should risk to lose more points than usual. For example, if che clan asks for default clanners only, then they should lose 2x points and dt should get 2x points for accepting the offer (in case dt wins). So even if our chances in hyst are not very big, but an expected value of points is positive, we can agree just because it's logical :)
This would just be abused, everyone would accept this offer if given.  But it satisfies the reason why it would be put in place, and would effectively end the exploitation of a certain scheme.  You would have to be crazy to sacrifice 2x the points just to get a certain scheme, because the expected value gained from playing a certain scheme would be so much lower it would nullify the reason behind wanting a certain scheme to begin with.  Either way, I don't see it increasing or decreasing activity, as much as people hem and haw about these supposed abusers, they represent a small and very niche group of the overall TUS population.

Offline Wolfgang

« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2013, 06:53 PM »
I just connect to wnt this week to search some clanners and warmers , oh my god........ its so inactive , is not like 2009-2012 :( nobody wants play
16:26: Husks> tell now xD more demon soul cannot be wolfy MAYBE??? 
16:26: TaG`Wolfgang> DUNNO IF IM WOLFY OR A DEMON 
16:27: Husks> GO DEMON AWAY FROM MY FRIENDMATE WOLFGANG CONCHETUMARE!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 LEAVEEEEEE 
16:27: TaG`Wolfgang> xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD 
16:27: Husks> xDDDDDDDDddddddd CoNcHeTuMaReEeEe!!!11111OnEoNeOnEoNe