Forums
April 25, 2024, 01:13 AM

Author Topic: Instant message  (Read 2341 times)

Offline avirex

Instant message
« on: February 11, 2017, 09:15 AM »
I think I have mentioned this before...

Not sure if anyone else had the same problem, but when I come to TUS, before the web page completely loads, I usually have already clicked "forums". So if someone had sent me an IM while I was not @ TUS then it pops up right before the webpage switches to forums.

I think the last time I brought this issue up, I was told just to go to the shout box history, and you're the members name... but the problem is this all happens so quick.

Maybe in the shout box history there can be a list of the last 3-5 members that have messaged you, or you have messaged?

Of course, if I'm the only one who had this problem, then it's not worth fixing... but I find it pretty annoying, and there is really no way to find out who sent the message :(

PS: who ever sent me a message 2 or 3 days ago, I did not read it, msg me again :p

Offline Sbaffo

Re: Instant message
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 09:24 AM »
Actually i have the same problem, IMs are the last thing the site loads and when you click on a new page they suddendly pop up and disappear
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 09:26 AM by Sbaffo »

Offline Korydex

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 09:58 AM »
+1, i had the same problem b4

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 12:33 PM »
+1 too.

I would like to mention also what i have said in shoutbox itself eariler - each tab with TUS page have its own copy of shoutbox who acts on its own, so each tab drains a little of your, not always wide, inet pipe. Unoptimal stuff.

Here is my speed-o-meter, i has 15 tabs with TUS pages, and was closing them one by one, with some interval.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 12:36 PM by XanKriegor »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 12:45 PM »
+1

Btw, chat history wouldn't be a bad thing too.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 12:54 PM »
+1 for Xan, just for being so clever :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 08:07 AM »
Look at the top of your shoutbox. There's a new link called "Recent Pop-ups".
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline avirex

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 08:27 AM »
Wow. That was a quick fix. It's perfect.

Thank you.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 08:46 AM »
Thanks!

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 08:58 AM »
@XanKriegor,

Please do that test again. (Make sure you refresh TUS before doing so)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 09:06 AM »
+1 too.

I would like to mention also what i have said in shoutbox itself eariler - each tab with TUS page have its own copy of shoutbox who acts on its own, so each tab drains a little of your, not always wide, inet pipe. Unoptimal stuff.

Here is my speed-o-meter, i has 15 tabs with TUS pages, and was closing them one by one, with some interval.

wtf are you seriously using windows xp in 2017? real men use windows 98

Offline spleen17

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 09:57 AM »
Do you often feel the need to have 15 tus tabs open Xan?

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 11:50 AM »
Do you often feel the need to have 15 tus tabs open Xan?

Yes i do. I usually getting in, open all bumped treads and read them one by one.

Now the graph looks like this:

TUS started to load CPU:

Offline Korydex

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2017, 12:13 PM »
Look at the top of your shoutbox. There's a new link called "Recent Pop-ups".
is it supposed to be shown when you're not logged in? because it is shown

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2017, 01:28 PM »
@korydex, thanks fixed.

@XanKriegor,
Inactive TUS tabs now disable the shoutbox.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 02:36 PM by MonkeyIsland »