Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:57 PM

Author Topic: Simple new rule update.  (Read 8040 times)

Offline Tomi

Re: Simple new rule update.
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 05:47 AM »
The only problem with you avirex is that you are not willing to read (or understand) other people's posts. People have already told you the solutions (why am I writing this message when you won't understand it, coz it's not shakespeare-proper usa english slang...?). Many guys said how to detect big maps so you won't be tricked, but this is not the most important post you missed to read / understand.

Look at this: (i will make it bigger for you to be more readable)

What about we make a poll? This is going nowhere

Fortunately we are living here in democracy. In my opinion we should prove that a rule change is not a one-people request and then it is going to be happen.. (see ttrr rule change or even tus reset.. they both had a poll).

So instead of writing kilometer (0.62 mile) long posts, just open a poll with which you can prove that you are right and this rule is missing, because that's the normal way to do a rule change in my opinion. But don't do a poll with a bullshit text like: 99% of the time you should do this 1% not (like you said in your first post), please.

You are welcome ;)

Offline Korydex

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2016, 05:52 AM »
Make one map pack called ''TUS League Map Pack'', that will contain all normal sized maps.

The map pack can have 100 to 1000 normal sized maps. This could avoid map conflicts.
imo that's only needed for battlerace

Offline Senator

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2016, 09:22 AM »
i said in the game very clearly, that we are going to finish, and if big maps are not allowed, then the game will be void and we are wasting our time...

Yes and then you found out that big maps ARE allowed.

you ask me about a risk free game?? sure, thats exactly what it was going to be, because RIP was too much of a poor sport to just RH when i asked nicely... instead he raged.

A risk free game when you don't agree with the map but keep playing doesn't make sense.

senator, the rules clearly state that i must finish all games, then file a complaint, the rule tell me not to quit...   you are a mod no?? im confused now.

First you tell me to take the rules just as a "guideline", now you are taking them literally? I guess you missed this part: "Mostly the moderators will consider the state of the game, the way of the quitting, how the conversation went"

If you had surrendered right after you requested a rematch, things would look better don't you think? You requested a rematch, then stated that you will play the game. You played the game till the end and lost. Then you found out that big maps are allowed unlike you thought.

senator, you keep going back to "what if the host forgets to tell" well, once its a rule, no one should forget, and if they do, its their own damn problem... since when do MODS say "oh dude? you forgot that rule?? ok, no problem"

You are thinking only how this rule helps the victim. I'm thinking how it can be abused. People can take advantage of the host's mistake even when they are well aware that the map is big. "Sorry you didn't mention it's a big map. GG game void".
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 09:47 AM by Senator »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2016, 12:18 PM »
Stop going back and forward arguing about the way you guys are arguing, it's pointless and irrelevant!!!!

Senator, stop making excuses for the people who are to blame, you are an enabler!

If someone wants to use a big map, it's their fault, period, THEY SHOULD BE THE ONES TO ALERT PLAYERS!

How many times must you be told this? Will you keep on ignoring common sense until this website is destroyed???

Edit - Ffs all you need to do is use basic math - Having to ask if it's a big map everytime the map looks different Vs alerting the players that YOU want a big map.

So infuriating seeing this level of ignorance constantly...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 12:30 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline avirex

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2016, 01:55 PM »
Tomi, here you are again, making a post when you have no idea what your talking about... your telling me i don't understand, its clear its now the other way around.

you said many guys said how to detect big map??? actually only 3 guys said they find it easy to detect big map... but never really gave any clear way to detect it, other then gaps on the side...  after i disputed that claim, they came back with... "well, it at least gives you clues, and then you can ask the host"

so maybe you should go back and reread the thread, you may learn something.

also... what was wrong with saying normal maps are used 99% of the time, and big maps are used 1% of the time?? I know its not a statistically accurate percentage, but for an educated guess, i would say its pretty close... but im sure you don't agree, Mr. shakespear :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2016, 02:09 PM »
senator, i never found out that big maps ARE allowed.... i found out YOUR interpretation of the rule....

"duhhhhh, big maps are allowed in shoppa, because map makers make them... but they are not allowed in elite or roper, because i think its obvious"

senator, it was not that i did not agree with the map (all though i didnt) it was that i was tricked into playing it, i was not aware of the situation, there for lightbulb should have been null and void have you been listening to anything i say? or just want to try to quote little tid bits, and prove how stubborn your being.....

your just being a right fighter, even though you know your wrong.... and this just goes to show it, your telling me i should have quit the game, and then made complaint and i would have had better odds, rather then what i did (and rules tell me to do) continue the game, and make complaint later...

i understand that i was playing a risk free game, if it was void.. but why would i quit, and have RIP come complain, and get a free win, because i quit a game?? try to look at both sizes of the pancake dude, not just the senator side...

ok senator, let me say this very clearly in hope you understand...

clear rules such as "finish games, then make complain.. DO NOT QUIT" should be taken literally.... ok??

rules pertaining to in game play should be used as guid lines, considering there is so many different outcomes in worms, there is no way to write a rule book covering everything.

and last but not least, of course i am only thinking about the victim...... the fact that you use the word victim, only seems more clear that your know your wrong, but your fighting just to be a right.

please tell me at what point MODS start taking into consideration the possibility of people forgetting the rules??? im baffled your even taking this route...  obviously you cant play a full big map game, and at the end after you lost you come with "HEY!... YOU NEVER TOLD ME IT WAS A BIG MAP!!... IM GOING TO COMPLAIN"

that would be a good scenario of using the rules as a guide line, senator... when the complaint lands on your MOD desk, you will not say.. "well... the rules did say you should have told opponents its a big map, so void game"

no... you would use the rule as a guide line but then say "sorry mr. complainer, but you cant wait until the end of the game to ask for a RH, because the host never made you aware of the big map.. you should have done like avirex, and asked for RH as soon as you were aware."

senator, maybe when considering new rules, you should be more concerned about the VICTIM, rather then the aggressor.

anyway... i think everyone is right... i really hope senator does not have final say in rule changes, just because hes a right fighting MOD.

what we need to do is have a vote.. if majority think that the rule is not needed, then ill move on, and accept it...

im having trouble accepting one guys opinion (well 2 and a half, counting RIP and Tomi) over a group of people saying otherwise. sorry.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2016, 03:13 PM »
I hate two things only: when somebody is trying to be more clever than he is and when somebody thinks i am stupid. The latter happened twice here last days, so it's hard to stay calmed but i will try and just quote..

... and also in advanced settings you can request to always give a warning about a color map, causing to display it's size in pixels.

EDIT1: It's called Map memory warning

but you just skipped this post.. and i am the f@#!ing shit who dont read the f@#!ing threads ffs..

And now I am off from this thread

Offline avirex

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2016, 05:55 PM »
Tomi nobody thinks your stupid, it's just that some of your posts are stupid...

Do you knew where you are right now? This thread is discussing if we need this new rule implemented.

I had no idea about the option mad Charles pointed out, and I'm sure many others didn't either (and those that are not reading this thread still don't)

Even though I'm sure your a very smart man, I think your missing the objective here.. the rule will not be put into place for me, because I'm going to take proper precautions not to be tricked in this fashion again... the rule needs to be put into place for others, so they do not get tricked. Do you understand yet? Or would you like me to send you a "clever" private message, and try to better explain it?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 05:56 PM by avirex »

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2016, 06:09 PM »
and also in advanced settings you can request to always give a warning about a color map, causing to display it's size in pixels.
sooo each time I'd want to play on a color map I'd have to click on that warning message first? that'd be a bit annoying
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline avirex

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2016, 07:51 PM »
ahhh... i just read this more clearly, thanks to WTF

That, and also in advanced settings you can request to always give a warning about a color map, causing to display it's size in pixels.

EDIT1: It's called Map memory warning

so, this option does not give a warning for big maps at all.... it only gives a warning for color maps.... he said it then causes it to display its size, but for me... i have no idea what size a standard map is... senator did mention it in the post somewhere, ill have to go back and look, just to protect myself from future lamery...

but i have said it several times, let me say it again... this rule is not needed for me (anymore, because ill keep a close eye on RIP's lame shit) and its most likely not needed for anyone that has posted, or read this thread... but what about everyone else?? what about the people who do not read forums, or long pasts/topics.. they don't matter?? what about the people who are currently on a break, and will return next week... they don't matter?? what about the people that cant speak/read English well, and could not understand everything said here... they don't matter??

Offline Hurz

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2016, 09:13 PM »
they maybe dont light up without look at map when play league.

Offline RIP

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2016, 06:27 AM »
 :D All know movie Dumb & Dumber?!
Avi your would take the lead role in the sequel of part.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 06:32 AM by RIP »
Враг думал — это пень, а снайпер снес ему мозги набекрень.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I play for fun unlike you и⊥ʎdʞ ин ʞɐʞ…
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
And the pain and the fear passes, unchangeable only death.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2016, 07:30 AM »
Map memory warning doesn't work cause if you play a .bit big map you won't get warned. Big shoppa maps is the new "i'm too spastic to pick a skilled scheme".

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2016, 09:27 AM »
Sbaffo, do we have .bit big maps?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2016, 10:08 AM »
Sbaffo, do we have .bit big maps?

I didn't say "there are" i said IF, map memory warning is based on how many kb or mb the map file is large. The method you suggested in the other thread ain't that better...