Forums
April 20, 2024, 03:11 AM

Author Topic: Summer time blues???  (Read 7034 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Summer time blues???
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2014, 06:10 AM »
My point was there is far more than 1 person who keeps saying "if".

And I don't really blame newer players for not wanting to take part and "carry the torch" because it's sad to say but the impression this community gives is far too elitist and newbie unfriendly, not to mention quite violent/immature/rude, which leads me to point out the obvious that the majority of people here can very rarely agree on anything, end up arguing and swearing at each other (myself included in the past).

If you want to keep TuS fresh and interesting, reset everything and thank the idea later.

Offline avirex

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2014, 11:31 PM »
i have brought that up quite a while ago... (not saying i was the first)

resetting the league would be ideal, and in fact is needed....

my example was, me going on a 3 season stretch in 1v1 roper, with over 80% wins, and still not coming close to the people in 1st place roper, yet... they only have 70% wins...

the reason for that, is because they dont play, and i cant steal their points....

i do believe all the stats, and players, and achievements should be archived... but these players/clans that have not played in years should not be able to hoard all the points... and imo thats exactly what is going on, inactive players are hoarding points...   

welcome back komo :D

Offline Senator

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2014, 02:14 PM »
resetting the league would be ideal, and in fact is needed....

my example was, me going on a 3 season stretch in 1v1 roper, with over 80% wins, and still not coming close to the people in 1st place roper, yet... they only have 70% wins...

the reason for that, is because they dont play, and i cant steal their points....

Or just simply remove inactive players from the lists until they play their next game? Overall ranking would then indicate the best active player in long term. "Inactive" = haven't played for six months, for example. 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:44 PM by Senator »

Offline Alien

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2014, 04:21 PM »
instead of asking in #ag for a clanner,
maybe it would be helpful to implement a history graphic on tus main page.

''clan a is searching clanner [classic league]''

''clan b accepted to play clanner against clan a [classic league]''

of course it should be possible to cancel it again, unless both clans already agreed on it.

same with free league and singles.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2014, 07:35 AM »
Or just simply remove inactive players from the lists until they play their next game? Overall ranking would then indicate the best active player in long term. "Inactive" = haven't played for six months, for example.

No no no, that isn't the same, it isn't even close to being the same:

For those of you who have been playing WA Competitive League ever since WACL will have hopefully noticed something.

Each League has ran for roughly 3 or 4 years at most before dying out, each time a new League starts activity picks up (WACL / WL / FB / and now TuS, are the 4 biggest ones I remember).

Especially with FB & TuS (because ladders & no DoN) when all the top spots were hogged by inactive players towards the end, less people would play.

Now in TuS it's getting beyond ridiculous, over 5 years (that's a HUGE HUGE period of time for an era of a League) and personally I see an all-time low now for competitive excitement in a Classic League, being reduced to "Cash Prizes" etc just to try and keep people interested...

Reset the League ! It needs to be done !

Offline theredi

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2014, 11:32 AM »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2014, 07:54 AM »
Hah that dude is in Home Improvement, great voice :D

Offline Senator

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2014, 02:50 PM »
Each League has ran for roughly 3 or 4 years at most before dying out, each time a new League starts activity picks up (WACL / WL / FB / and now TuS, are the 4 biggest ones I remember).

Especially with FB & TuS (because ladders & no DoN) when all the top spots were hogged by inactive players towards the end, less people would play.

Having both infinite time to collect points and no activity rules is a big factor here. There should be either new league table for each year or the league table should be more dynamic (= inactive players become unranked + rank 1 plays for the position only, no more points). Resetting the current league table is easier than coding a better one, though.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2014, 07:58 AM »
I really hate the idea of just hiding inactive players for the following reasons:
  • These players may possibly never become active again.
  • If they do become active it could be at a later time than a worthy challenger was active (meaning anyone could easily miss the opportunity to win the higher position points).
  • If they do become active years later than when they stopped playing, their life has more than likely changed, their interests have more than likely changed, they may possible enjoy different schemes to what they did when they were on top.
  • When these players eventually start playing again, several worthy challengers/contenders have already missed out the chance to win their points.
  • Taking into consideration the amount of top players in overall standings & individual scheme standings who are now inactive(me for example in overall BnG), the chances of them all coming back at the same time is more than likely less than 1%
  • The Classic League overall standings aren't "The best players of all time." but rather "The best players for this period of time out of those who participated." <--- Alot of us think Mablak would be higher than Random00 if he had took part in Classic League... So with this being said, why bother keeping the overall standings for any League if they will never be 100% true of ALL players anyway? Especially with all the noob bashing, avoiding, rumours of cheating and whatever other reason anyway...

With the above said, I say it again, save all the League information ! - Start over fresh ! Breathe some fresh air into this musky old League !

Personally I think - Reset ALL Leagues/Events/Standings (Tournaments/Challenges/etc) every 2 years.

It's only a matter of time before someone actually does make another League and everyone joins there for some fresh excitement.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2014, 11:17 AM »
Ladder reset works in Diablo, so why not in TUS.  8)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2014, 11:22 AM »

We should start hosting 1 million euro torunaments now and stream them live on tv. Because it works in other games!
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Senator

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2014, 04:15 PM »
I really hate the idea of just hiding inactive players

I don't see a real problem since only players who are active at the same time are compared to each others and they are able to challenge each others
- If inactive players don't become active again, they'll remain unranked not affecting others' points.
- If a worthy challenger isn't active anymore when an inactive player returns, that worthy challenger is/will be unranked himself so there is no comparison. If he is still active, he can challenge the returner.
- Players can have option to reset their points and start from 1000 points again.

Like I said, this is just an alternative to having own league table for every 1-2 years. My point was you can't have a league table like now at TUS for any longer because someone can collect points for years and then disappear with #1 position in the pocket forever.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2014, 04:34 PM »
I fail to see the evidence showing you actually read what I wrote, whatever...

Offline Anubis

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2014, 05:26 PM »

We should start hosting 1 million euro torunaments now and stream them live on tv. Because it works in other games!

I knew I should have end my message with "Kappa".

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2014, 05:52 PM »

I knew I should have end my message with "Kappa".

Kappa as in sportswear or the greek letter?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.