Forums
April 20, 2024, 12:24 PM

Author Topic: Active players loyal to inactive clans...  (Read 422 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Active players loyal to inactive clans...
« on: February 13, 2024, 11:13 PM »
If you want to play Clanners but get anxious at the thought of leaving due to long lasting friendships...

Maybe turn the clan into a community then join an active clan?

These days you CAN have your cake and eat it!

Offline MeTonaTOR

Re: Active players loyal to inactive clans...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 11:20 PM »
Noty, will stay with UC as long as tus would exist :D

EDIT: what a 900th post waste lulz
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 11:23 PM »

EDIT: what a 900th post waste lulz

Waste? Or perfect because it shows your dedication to UC?

Also, if you turned an inactive clan into a community, it's still the same thing so you literally aren't losing anything!

It's actually protection incase the other players come back, all you need to do is make the community a clan again!

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 11:26 PM »
Waste? Or perfect because it shows your dedication to UC?

Also, if you turned an inactive clan into a community, it's still the same thing so you literally aren't losing anything!

It's actually protection incase the other players come back, all you need to do is make the community a clan again!

For a waste i meant that i could have used my 900th post to cheer my "activity" :D
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 11:36 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS...

MeTonaTOR

ON YOUR 900TH POST!

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 11:41 PM »
good idea

Offline Wolfgang

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 04:16 AM »
well TaG will always in my heart ae, my friend Twyrfher is living in my town and i  have meet him in a football match xD
16:26: Husks> tell now xD more demon soul cannot be wolfy MAYBE??? 
16:26: TaG`Wolfgang> DUNNO IF IM WOLFY OR A DEMON 
16:27: Husks> GO DEMON AWAY FROM MY FRIENDMATE WOLFGANG CONCHETUMARE!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 LEAVEEEEEE 
16:27: TaG`Wolfgang> xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline Triad

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2024, 09:37 AM »
Not if I kick you out. ;D

If you want to play Clanners but get anxious at the thought of leaving due to long lasting friendships...

Maybe turn the clan into a community then join an active clan?

These days you CAN have your cake and eat it!
I have thought about this in the past, but my final verdict has been:
  • Current members, including myself, are not as interested in playing clanners. If a member invites them to play a clanner, they will most likely play with them if they are available. But clanners have never been what UC members look for in a clan. At most it was a small bonus of being in a clan, but never the main attraction.
  • If a member really wants to play clanner, but the current UC cannot provide them with the active clanning partners they desire, I give them my full blessing to leave the UC on TUS and join another clan. They can still remain a UC member and hang around UC spaces like UC Discord. Being a UC member is more than a tag, or a member list on TUS. In football, you know how sometimes clubs loan their players to another club, this is just like that. They can play for another clan, but their contract will be still with UC. And if they get tired of playing clanners, or if UC becomes a suitable clan to play clanners, they can return to the clan.
  • If they find their true calling in another clan, and if they decide they don't want to stay in UC anymore, we will wish them good luck on their next adventure. :) We are still on good terms with many of our ex-members.

I also find the title and original post of this topic a little misleading. Clanners are not the only criterion of activity. In 2013-2015, UC was one of the most active clans in WO (we even won WO 2015). We organized in-clan cups, challenges, even a league called UCL, but even then we rarely played clanners. It was just never our main focus.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 09:40 AM by Triad »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2024, 09:46 AM »
I also find the title and original post of this topic a little misleading. Clanners are not the only criterion of activity. In 2013-2015, UC was one of the most active clans in WO (we even won WO 2015). We organized in-clan cups, challenges, even a league called UCL, but even then we rarely played clanners. It was just never our main focus.

Well, the literal distinction between a 'Clan' and a 'Community'is that clans compete in the official League standings, communities do not!

As far as I'm aware, everything else is the same.

With that being said, the title is fine as it represents something that some people may not be aware of!

They want to be in the same group, with all the history and forums preserved, but still able to compete actively.

You can't do that if you stay in a Clan because it's illegal with TUS rules.

Offline Triad

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2024, 10:10 AM »
Well, the literal distinction between a 'Clan' and a 'Community'is that clans compete in the official League standings, communities do not!

As far as I'm aware, everything else is the same.

With that being said, the title is fine as it represents something that some people may not be aware of!

They want to be in the same group, with all the history and forums preserved, but still able to compete actively.

You can't do that if you stay in a Clan because it's illegal with TUS rules.
Well, that's my point. You're still thinking these in terms of TUS. That's why I specifically gave the WO example. In WO, it was also "clans" competing against each other, not "communities". I just wanted to make a distinction between activity AND TUS activity. Don't worry, I understood what you meant.

True, it's a good idea imo. A clan can be community on TUS, and a clan everywhere else. NBR was originally founded as a clan, but it used to be registered as a community for a long time on TUS, right? Afaik, sW is also actually a clan, but it's a community on TUS.

The only possible problem is the community limit on TUS. Of course, people can always leave a community, but what I mean is why is there a community limit in the first place? Clan limit is a no-brainer, but why can't a player be a community whore and collect communities as if they were Pokemon. ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 10:17 AM by Triad »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2024, 10:18 AM »
Well, that's my point. You're still thinking these in terms of TUS.

Yes, because this is TUS and I'm specifically talking about TUS... It's in 'TUS Discussion'.

:D

Offline Triad

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2024, 10:25 AM »
Yes, because this is TUS and I'm specifically talking about TUS... It's in 'TUS Discussion'.

Ah! Lmao, you're right! Yeah, then that's on me, my bad. :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2024, 10:27 AM »
If only this were on stream... Could use the 'It was at that moment..." blerp!

Offline Triad

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2024, 10:38 AM »

Shitty memes aside, let's not derail the topic even further. ;D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2024, 10:51 AM »
I actually have no idea what that meme even means, is it good or bad lol???

I'll have to bring in my weeb friend universal translator StJimmy! :D