Forums
April 24, 2024, 04:45 PM

Author Topic: w:a clans: and ideas to make clanner league active.  (Read 3492 times)

Offline avirex

w:a clans: and ideas to make clanner league active.
« on: April 03, 2017, 03:27 AM »
So, i asked MI and/or D1 to move the posts from a clanner game comment section, to an appropriate section of the forums, so more eyes will see it, and maybe more people will get involved in the discussion...  D1 for some reason was not able to do that, and as of right now, all the posts are gone... if they will be recovered or not, dont know.. but its not a big deal either way.

some people had suggested that these big clans, like dt (with our 6 active mebers, and TdC (with their 2 active mebers) should split up, people made comments that dt, and tdc are just too big, kind of insinuated that its partially our fault that clann league is active (even though its dt, and tdc's fault that clanner league is active at all IMO) and TUS should put a limit on how many people can be in a each clan.

dt has actually discussed many times.. many many many times, if we should split the clan in 2... dt and mm... but each time its discussed, the answer always ultimately lands back on no.

but now im curious what other people think..

do you think a bunch of small 3-4 member clans will increase activity??

or do you think 4 or 5 large clans would be the way to go??

i honestly believe some of these smaller clans, Oo, sL, NBR, FUB, bfw, and any other clan should merge...

and despite tdc being accused of helping destroy clanner league, with their massive 2 member active army... i think a clan should merge into tdc as well.

i feel like larger clans, will give everyone more chances to have a mate online...  its so hard to find clanners these days, i can remember boo/cfc waiting for ever, and asking for clanner for hours never finding one, and same thing with dt.

yet there is a member from each small clan online thinking "damn, i wish i had a mate"

if they would merge, they will be much more likely to find a mate, and much more likely another clan is availlble to play them.

making a bunch of 4 member clans is going to mean your not as likely to have a mate online, and when you do... good luck finding one of these mini clans that have 2 people online.

if anyone wants to present some argument for the several small clans idea, feel free.. maybe there is something im missing, but from where i stand, i think its a bad idea.

i get the fact that everyone wants to have great clanner competition, and 10+ clans playing multiple clanner games per season... but times have changed... i would bet we have less then 50 active players that are interested in clanners these days.....

i do have any idea, that everyone can keep the clan they want to stay in, but also increase activity...

lets say oO`Lales is online, and and tdc`Senator is online... neither of them have mates...  and dt has 2 members looking for clanner....

dt can clanner vs. lales, and senator if they choose to team together.... if they win, oO will get half of the points, and tdc gets the other half...

as far was win records, it should be recorded as a half a win.... or a half a loss.... so your record could potentially be 22.5-14.5  unless you won/loss and even amount of games with a mate that was not in your clan.

seems like a crazy idea, but if it was able to be sorted out, and coded... it just might be the answer to keep everyone happy.. and have clanner games all the time... 

if a system like that was implimented, then a bunch of small clans would be a cool thing... if u have 2 mates online, your competing for a full win, and full points... if your playing with a different clan as your mate... your still fighting to win for YOUR clan, but your only going to gain 50% points, and 50% win lol... seems crazy, but could work!! :D  (unless im failing to see something obvious)

Offline HHC

Re: w:a clans: and ideas to make clanner league active.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 08:40 AM »
I suggested similar to MI. But instead of 2vs2 with different clan members (I reckon this will lead to some fighting as well, when ur mate just isnt trying?), I wanted to allow 1vs1, or maybe just link the classic league games to it. Naturally 2vs2 would have more weight, with double the points or something.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 09:51 AM »
i honestly believe some of these smaller clans, Oo, sL, NBR, FUB, bfw, and any other clan should merge...
No interest in merging with 0o, a few dumbass members there.
sL is dead?  wasnt this some wwp clan?  i don't even really know what sL is.
FUB is awesome, it shouldnt merge with any other clan anyways.
bfw is dead.

NBR is the oldest active clan on worms, everyone gets along really well, we enjoy playing with one another, no one really cares about clanner games anyways, not going to ruin that  by merging with some other clan.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 10:20 AM »
NBR is the oldest active clan on worms
no one really cares about clanner games anyways

how active is that

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 10:42 AM »
No interest in merging with 0o, a few dumbass members there.
Die alone n00b ;D
And ofc NBR not the oldest clan active, CKC is

Btw about clans and clanners: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/leagues-general/clanners-and-clanner-activity-30688/msg258459/?topicseen#new

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 10:45 AM »
NBR is the oldest active clan on worms
no one really cares about clanner games anyways

how active is that
i saw 5 of our members this week, since when is activity determined by games played on tus?

funny coming from a guy whos clan is dead and never played a single clanner game on tus pretty much, seems like this is the last place you would post, seeing as you don't have anything to contribute here.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:53 AM by TheWalrus »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 10:47 AM »
Die alone n00b ;D
And ofc NBR not the oldest clan active, CKC is
good point, very sense, CKC very active, you think i didnt know CKC existed?  Besides the once in 6 months sighting of albino or krezo, who from CKC plays worms?  ACTIVE is the operative word.  NBR is on 7 days a week.

Don't get upset because you let asbest into your clan and still expect to be taken seriously, one of these things is not like the other.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 11:02 AM by TheWalrus »

Offline Dr Abegod

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 11:24 AM »
walrus is a proud nerd dont bother with him

Offline spleen17

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 11:25 AM »
Sorry Walrus, I think NBR is a great clan but for the purposes of this discussion they are DEAD, as you have 0 (zero) members who are interested in playing clanner league, which is all we are talking about here.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 11:47 AM »
Sorry Walrus, I think NBR is a great clan but for the purposes of this discussion they are DEAD, as you have 0 (zero) members who are interested in playing clanner league, which is all we are talking about here.
Avi made a suggestion of merging the clan i was in was offered, just responding to that, like Avi I really don't want to merge/split and neither does saltyk9, im sure gab feels the same way.

then hurz arrived to offer his qualified opinion

apegod came to troll despite not being in a real clan

and then you stated the obvious, just just restated what I already said.

everyone has so much to type into their computers but so little to say, im starting to worry about tus.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 12:22 PM »
nonsense
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 03:35 PM by Korydex »

Offline Dr Abegod

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 12:28 PM »
hail king walerus

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 01:10 PM »
and despite tdc being accused of helping destroy clanner league, with their massive 2 member active army...

Man your sarcasm always cracks me up :D

I like the idea you had at the end, but part of me wonders if we should just get rid of Clanners altogether and just start a 2v2 League where anyone can team up with anyone, and just print out a bunch of cool statistics and awards at the end of each Season, like best team, most wins together, whatever...

The reason why Clanners suck is because of team mates struggling to be online together, then finding clans that have the same problem.

Allow 2v2, problem solved.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 01:16 PM »
Or get back country games :)

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2017, 01:40 PM »
A way to fix that is to open your door more and allow people that are active on tus but have no clan to join your clan. Obviously you might loose games because they most likely will be weak at first.
Problem is not many clan (at least the one you mentioned) let chance to new players.