Forums
April 27, 2024, 05:44 AM

Author Topic: ASAP: NEED A COMMENTATOR FOR TODAYS PLAYOFFS STREAM  (Read 7107 times)

Offline Free

ASAP: NEED A COMMENTATOR FOR TODAYS PLAYOFFS STREAM
« on: January 17, 2013, 01:22 PM »
Orange is working on the streaming side of things and as it's easy to upload the streams to the youtube channel we're going to create, and we want to start right away so we're in BIG need to charismatic commentator(s) for todays clanner playoffs to get the ball rolling. Playoffs start at 19GMT.

Who would be interested? Please try to forward this as much as possible since it's happening today.

As for ideas for the topic of commentating is to make it noob-friendly with history aspects of WA and at the same time enterntain us more experienced ones who already know whats going on.

Any other ideas?

Stream finds here: www.twitch.tv/weirdjack
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 06:40 PM by Free »

Offline franz

Re: ASAP: NEED A COMMENTATOR FOR TODAYS PLAYOFFS STREAM
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 02:44 PM »
I found when commentating, it seemed easier to do so when talking about more strategic schemes like Elite and maybe Hysteria. Was harder to think of stuff to say during a TTRR or BnG for example, but I'm just not as charasmatic ;p

You seem to have the right idea though, blending those things seems best.

Offline OrangE

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 04:08 PM »
ok guys i will comment but my english sux a bit. so i need another wormer to do this in a cool way: it would be perfect just to set up a skype call (or TS) and chatting normally, i would be the "noob" one, asking things and helping to comment the games in a way that everyone can understand what's going on. who is interested?

this is the first attempt so i don't expect a freaking show, lets just do it i assure you it will be fun :D

Offline Rogi

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 04:15 PM »
I wanted go to sleep now. But i better will see it!!  ::) ::)
I have desire, but have not skills of english and coments something...

I hope someone will do it! its gr8 idea! Come on!!  :D
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline Free

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 04:28 PM »
So we got a plan setup already?

Franz will you be able to comment alongside with Orange?

Edit: Sent message to NNN guys, they have experience already, hope somebody will be able to help.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 04:33 PM by Free »

Offline Wolfgang

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 04:39 PM »
I will play the po  today  , but I can watch it after the streaming finish it? like a video
16:26: Husks> tell now xD more demon soul cannot be wolfy MAYBE??? 
16:26: TaG`Wolfgang> DUNNO IF IM WOLFY OR A DEMON 
16:27: Husks> GO DEMON AWAY FROM MY FRIENDMATE WOLFGANG CONCHETUMARE!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 LEAVEEEEEE 
16:27: TaG`Wolfgang> xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline Free

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 04:40 PM »
I found when commentating, it seemed easier to do so when talking about more strategic schemes like Elite and maybe Hysteria. Was harder to think of stuff to say during a TTRR or BnG for example, but I'm just not as charasmatic ;p

You seem to have the right idea though, blending those things seems best.

Agree on the BnG part, but it could be used to talk more about history of Worms for example... and Orange showed me this neat trick that he's able to draw at the same time the game is happening, so you could be predicting the shots before hand perhaps or something like that.

Edit: Yeah Wolfgang, you can.

Offline OrangE

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 04:42 PM »
I will play the po  today  , but I can watch it after the streaming finish it? like a video

yes of course, all is immediately ready to watch after the stream ends :D

Offline franz

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 04:58 PM »
well like I said, someone more charismatic should do it, but I can maybe be available, as last resort. 2 hours from now I think, right

Offline OrangE

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 05:02 PM »
cool franz, you should comment anyway! we can even be 3 commentators, if we find another one.

ill PM you with my skype address. everyone that would like to comment just PM me.

Offline Free

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 05:39 PM »
I will try to get alot of viewers for this event, I'll be posting on a big finnish PC/Gaming forum about the stream.

If you guys got gamer forums you participate/know of, post a message and so they get a glimpse of what Worms Armageddon is all about.  Bring the A-game, commentators should come up with a general plan how they are going to approach it, if there's delays when hosting, in the lobby and so on.

If we get even 1 more player who starts playing because finds the game interesting, it's already progress.

Offline Free

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 06:08 PM »
Ok so I posted an advertising thread off the stream on 2 of the biggest forums in Finland and I'm positive we will get A LOT of viewers from there.

We should get more people aware from other countries so GOGOGOGO fast, advertise to tune into the stream.

When I'm not playing (if not all) I will be entertaining our finnish guests in the chat.

Do your best now commentators and other peoples in the chat. We want to make it for them as easy as possible to start playing this online and give them the best resources.

Let's make it happen!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 06:10 PM by Free »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 06:14 PM »
It would actually help if you post the URL of the stream in this thread too, btw. ;)

Offline OrangE

Offline Anubis

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 06:17 PM »
Ty, followed!