Forums
April 25, 2024, 07:44 PM

Author Topic: Best nickname you saw in Wormnet!?  (Read 3110 times)

Offline Sensei

Best nickname you saw in Wormnet!?
« on: April 01, 2017, 06:54 PM »
I would like to hear from old schoolers on this one. Something tells me back in the day ppl just had more original nicks. Don't let them be forgotten. Ok, let's start.

For me.. it gotta be: Wormanizer
Always starting to giggle whenever that name appears in ag. Funny and unique. Love it! If anyone know that guy, tell him Sensei bows! :)

Offline Hurz

Re: Best nickname you saw in Wormnet!?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 07:32 PM »
Sensei

Offline giJo

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 07:36 PM »
Korydex <3

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 08:10 PM »
In a multiplayer normal game I once played in there was a player (from the Benelux region, I think) called Adolf Quitler.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 08:26 PM »
1. KinslayeR
2. Csongi
3. Chuj

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 10:02 PM »
FlowingWater - Shame it was a lie :'(

Offline Sensei

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 10:28 PM »
Adolf Quitler.

That's awesome, dude! Thx for commenting, lold.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 07:40 AM »
pashaBiceps

Also, let's make a rule - the players you mention CANNOT be on TUS

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 10:34 AM »
pashaBiceps

i

od kiedy kurwa pasza gra w glizdy?

Offline avirex

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 09:11 PM »
there was a guy on worms2 back in the day... i was young... probably 13?? maybe even younger, who knows... i remember he was at least 40, and very possible older then that even...  that was very close to 20 years ago, so this guy is probably 60 years old... he is not the guy who taught me to rope, that was AeropeR, but he did warm with me as i learned, and would help me with moves, and help me get better, etc.

so i learned some rope skills from a now 60+ year old man.. haha never thought about that until now, thanks for the memory sensei :D

the reason i bring up that story, is because he had a cool name.. w2 allowed ascii.... his nick was ì>åncïng«w/»Wølvès

or something like that, obviously i cant think of the exact ascii, but i though it was a cool name.

Akuma, Gundam, Goukan, Elmdor, Setnom, GrapplinGHooK, avatar, clownpatrol, §*ñâtch (the DC & CS of w2.. i think i heard rumor he got some federal prison sentence for hacking some big company... dunno if there any truth to it) oBlivion.... thats all for now... those are all w2 guys that i thought had cool names...

almost all w2 players had very original names...  like Mablak, and Korydex-   i agree w/ gijo, kory has one of the coolest nicks on wnet ;DD

Offline Sensei

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 09:30 PM »
Wow, Kory was doing w2 all the way back? I thought he's younger than me hah.
Cool story avi, thx for sharing. Love that clownpatrol nick!

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 09:44 PM »
pashaBiceps

i

od kiedy kurwa pasza gra w glizdy?

sie zdziwisz, ale na streamie raz odpalil
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )

Offline avirex

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2017, 10:00 PM »
woops.... sorry, i guess i did not make that too clear....

what i meant was, majority of w2 had creative nicknames, and most of w:a players do not, except Mablak, and Korydex.. and ofc there is more.. but those 2 popped in my head the quickest, because they are really cool names :DDD

most w:a is ... The Hamster... THe Dog, The Komodo,  TheChipmunk The krow, The sheriff lol..... those are all real nicks of old wa players didnt make any of those up ahah.. and im sure there are more "The" nicks.. can anyone else think of any??? lets make a complete list of all the "The" wormers haha ;p

usually w2 would start out as newbs with some silly name, that either included "worm" "dark" "roper" or "shadow" hahaha.. but then as we got better at roping, and learned the ropes(no pun intended), joined the ladder, met community, it was the ultimate mission to think of a cool/creative nickname, with cool ascii...  my first nick name was ì>ârkRòpér because i loved "DancingW/wolves" i>  pretty sure that on w2, the font that was used made it look more connected... and the slant \ at the top of the i made it look like the top of the D was extended... was neat.... so most newbs would be darkworm, shadow worm, shadowroper, roperworm, hahaha.. then i changed to ì>ârkypòó (keep in mind im still an early teen :P )

then when deciding on a new nickname, i knew i wanted first letter A, because the w2 font made  this  " ¸À " look as if they were connected, and the left side of the A was extended, and dropped lower then the rest of the letters.. so i had to have an A name, and i really wanted an X... and in school, some kid had an AvireX leather jacket, which i never knew what it was until that point... so thats how/why my name was born ;p

some other cool w2 nicknames for you, because you enjoyed the others...

IRwlz (I rule..s), Durendal, Mildew, waste, Nitrate, phet, yuppy, windigo, Kazuya, dIZZY (hands down best roper w2 ever had, any w2'er would tell you that) Carnage, tendou (always thought that was a cool nick) raekwon... and.... hmmm..... one more......... *thinking*   dikster.... there you go ;D  thats it for now.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2017, 10:22 PM »
Sounds like you spent a lot of time to create your nick, avi. At least you never changed it!
windigo sounds badass, bet he was a cool dude!

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2017, 11:45 PM »
"lolkek"  :D