Forums > General discussion

Crates and weapons delay

<< < (8/14) > >>

WTF-8:
> the game disallows delayed weapons from falling in crates
I wish this was true for RubberWorm's spawn-multiple-crates-between-turns mode. Despite Donkey being delayed forever in the Kaos scheme, it still shows up in crates sometimes. That's about as useless as a Suicide Bomber crate.

The Extremist:
I want to make it absolutely known that I am very grateful for everything DC & CS have done over the years. But even so, I feel I have to call them out on this situation.

It has been over four years since the last game update. The game is still being played, WormNET is still up and being maintained, and there are still some bugs. The maintainers know about these bugs.

Nearly three years ago, Deadcode said an update with 19 logic fixes was in development, and would be ready "soon". Eight months later, in May 2015, he said it "shouldn't be much longer". This was the last time anything was said about the progress of the update.

I am not calling DC & CS lazy or anything like that. There could be several good reasons for the next update taking so long. A hard to track down bug, a fix breaking something else, serious personal problems. The issue is that WE DON"T KNOW.

Deadcode was last active on TUS in May, and last posted in February. CyberShadow is very active, consistently replying to requests for help in Tech Support. In the two year period since the last update on progress, unless Team17 has DC & CS under a super strong NDA where they can't even say that they can't say anything, I have seen nothing preventing either of them from taking literally 1 minute to say either "progress still being made, update will come out eventually", "update stalled, future unclear", or "update cancelled, sorry".

I am not asking too much. In fact, I am asking for next to nothing. Yet, as I have been previously in this thread, I fully expect to be harangued again for not treating DC & CS like gods who can do no wrong, just because they're volunteers. It is not written anywhere that volunteers can not be called out for a lack of communication or not be compared to other volunteers in similar situations that communicate much better (see my prior post about MarathonMan, who continues to consistently update about his slow progress).

This will be the last time I bring this up, so at least you can't accuse me of not shutting up about this matter...

WTF-8:
http://wqdb.org/?562
kek

Korydex:
Extremist, what for do u need the update?

Sensei:
Bit harsh from korydex, but made a point. You're never online, Extremist. Don't say it's cause of the bugs involving W:A. Because it's not. Would be nice to know about the progress of 4.0, for sure.. But they don't owe it to anyone here, especially not to inactive players.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version