Forums
April 20, 2024, 11:24 AM

Author Topic: NEW: The Wheat Snooper 2.9.3 community build  (Read 26662 times)

Offline Joschi

Re: NEW: The Wheat Snooper 2.9 community build
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2014, 08:06 AM »
Is the hostname of your IP over 35 characters long? Unfortunately, it's a bug in W:A: hosts with such long addresses won't appear in W:A.
One of the solutions would be to resolve IP from the hostname received from WormNET, and use the IP instead of the hostname. However W:A hosters will still likely have this problem, unless Force IP is enabled.
What has that to do with the new version of TWS? As I saied, my hosts normally always worked.

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2014, 11:17 AM »
Hellow guyz

Plz help : Why that happen when i open The Wheat Snooper

btw My windows :::: Win7 Starter

Probbly it has something to do with Phonon sound interface. Lookie has been talking about an issue something produces a second icon.

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2014, 11:19 AM »
Yes here it is:
Wheat should produce only one ffdshow tray icon. (Qt::Phonon doesnt support it in a proper way atm)

Source.

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2014, 11:23 AM »
Is the hostname of your IP over 35 characters long? Unfortunately, it's a bug in W:A: hosts with such long addresses won't appear in W:A.
One of the solutions would be to resolve IP from the hostname received from WormNET, and use the IP instead of the hostname. However W:A hosters will still likely have this problem, unless Force IP is enabled.
What has that to do with the new version of TWS? As I saied, my hosts normally always worked.

I need some time and your help to debug this.

I'll add logging in snoppanet.cpp so we'll understand how exactly does TWS 2.9 talk with WormNET.

Then, if it isn't obvious for me, StepS'll probably tell what's wrong cuz he was developing a third-party WormNET, so he is much more in it than me.

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2014, 11:25 AM »
It will be good if you join #worms on GameSurge.

Offline StepS

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2014, 12:35 PM »
It may have to do with your ISP, for example if it assigned you a new hostname that is over 35 characters long. Simply host a game and then open WebSnoop to see that everything is fine. It's a bug of W:A.
Please check your hostname and its length online. There's no way that no one can see your host besides you other than the said bug of the game.

Today I've seen how LaTios hosted a game with exactly 35 characters long address, and the numbers of IP in his address didn't even use up the whole 3-character spaces, which means that after reconnecting with a longer IP, he potentially has the chance to run into the said bug of W:A.

Got the same when latios hosted but no one saw his host

Edit: possibly Wheat Snooper previously resolved your IP address out of the hostname, that would prevent the bug of W:A from happening, but now it uses the intact hostname. If not, then this feature will be added later. Still, hopefully the length issue will be fixed in the next W:A update.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:52 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2014, 12:37 PM »
Hello there, i can't see my rank when i use secure logging, could you help me?

Offline Prince_Egypt

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2014, 12:52 PM »
Hellow guyz

Plz help : Why that happen when i open The Wheat Snooper

btw My windows :::: Win7 Starter

Probbly it has something to do with Phonon sound interface. Lookie has been talking about an issue something produces a second icon.
that things use space my ram My PC very slow when i open Wheat snooper
Have anyidea do close it ?

Offline StepS

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2014, 12:55 PM »
if there's a control panel for your audio codecs, please disable them for Wheat Snooper. Possibly right-click on one of those icons and find where it can be configured.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2014, 06:35 PM »
if there's a control panel for your audio codecs, please disable them for Wheat Snooper. Possibly right-click on one of those icons and find where it can be configured.

Or you may be not that lazy, undefine WITH_PHONON and make a custom build for Prince_Egypt. ;)

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2014, 01:48 PM »
Hello there, i can't see my rank when i use secure logging, could you help me?

Offline Dragon

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2014, 04:34 PM »
I have some problem.
When I open up TWS, I get instantly disconnected.
Restarted my PC and modem, reinstalled it twice, still.

Offline philie

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2014, 04:37 PM »
I have some problem.

seems to be not a wheat but a wormnet problem atm.

Offline Dragon

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2014, 05:08 PM »
I have some problem.

seems to be not a wheat but a wormnet problem atm.

Yes I figured out lately.
Thanks for response anyway mate.

The Wheat Snooper 3.0 alpha inside
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2014, 02:26 PM »
Hi!

There are quite some changes in the 3.0-unstable branch, and I'm here to announce some of them to show you the work is still going.

The main thing I'm working on is the user interface, cuz I think the current one is complete bullshit (see issue #5).

Please note that what you see on the screenshots is just my system color scheme. If you run tws-3.0 on your system, it will look like every other app running on your system. As for now, TWS 3.0-alpha looks like this by default on my system:

You may notice that tabs for the channels are finally implemented:

Also, when in TWS 2.x you only had 3 user interface layouts you had to chose from within, in TWS 3.0 the user interface is fully customizable. Lots of things may be undocked from their default place and docked back in a different place:

Hence, you are able to build any layout you want. You can even make the snooper occupy all of your, for example, three display screens, or, for example, undock the game list and move it closer to your eyes not to miss an interesting host, but either not to waste too much space.

Please note also, that for now I've dropped skin support in 3.0, and I have no idea what to do with it. Maybe I'll compose one skin strongly reminiscing the original W:A frontend.

StepS has built 3.0-unstable for Windows; screenshot:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:14 PM by dbanet »