Forums
April 25, 2024, 06:08 AM

Author Topic: Old replays and players through the years  (Read 52636 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Old replays and players through the years
« Reply #285 on: February 10, 2015, 11:18 PM »

Didn't Shimon prefer WWP and avoided W:A? I think I never seen him on W:A and played warmers with him on WWP, he didn't like the W:A roping very much. Wonder what happened to him he was quite a good roper.

thats very possible, i stopped playing when people started to move back to wa from wwp for the same reason. He roped well, thats for sure ;)

Shimon was the best roper I've known. I remember him doing a w7w on a normal roper map. He wasn't that much talkative in forums or playing too many league game. I believe that's why he didn't get all the frame he deserved. He had this capacity of going extremely fast when needed without any showoff/useless move while having a crazy consistency. I think he played a few WA games. I'd love to see some of them.

He did smooth scrolls, just like I did back in the day or Jmoberg (who motivated me to learn them). That form of roping is very effective on lower island maps, depending on your timing skills and in the end your quick tap skills this can be applied on higher maps too. Fun way to rope with and not many get the timing perfect so it was always nice to see other do it too. On WWP it was easier to do though, I think WWP had smoother Frame-rate until W:A got a patch that fixed the stuttering?

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #286 on: March 27, 2015, 12:58 AM »
I want to see some of the worst shots in W:A before WSE was made.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #287 on: March 28, 2015, 12:20 AM »
yes, flowingwater had a sex transplant...

she is now a man ;D
Quote of the decade right there!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #288 on: March 28, 2015, 04:20 PM »
Any replays from 2000, deadcode?

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #289 on: May 05, 2015, 11:25 PM »
Any replays from 2000, deadcode?
Are you replying, deadcode?

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #290 on: May 14, 2015, 07:03 PM »
That single one from korydex working well. Its funny to see this. Dont remember everything from then but it looks like I did presenting my special battlerace scheme :D And teaching noobs if needed but openend the host with "pro br" haha  ;D

We are really old friends, deadcode  8)
I wonder why we didnt run into each other back then, spw.  Was playing nonstop br in those days with gargy, blacksgy, raptor, nzkiwi, garycoleman, Mr t, bas1c, ect ect.  Love that scheme.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #291 on: May 14, 2015, 07:14 PM »
Wally, did you ever play BR with M3ntal? Afaik he was one of the best.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #292 on: May 25, 2015, 06:18 PM »
If your replays come from the 2008/2009 Worm Olympics or the 2008/2009 Winter Worm Olympics, please post here: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/missing-believed-wiped-%28worm-olympics%29-26783/

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #293 on: July 09, 2015, 06:04 PM »
Does anyone remember this thread?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #294 on: July 09, 2015, 07:22 PM »
Just watched fort game of @spider and @casimir that someone putted here. 10 year old. Real fort scheme back then. Only 1 holy grenade (with delay of 6 turns)..

Now on tus you have 1 banana, 2 holy and couple of missile weapons! Wtf? Maybe next year they put some air strikes too... -.-

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #295 on: July 18, 2015, 02:28 AM »
Wally, did you ever play BR with M3ntal? Afaik he was one of the best.
Yeah m3ntal was good.  I heard he really got good after I quit, like legend status, but I never played him in peak shape.  Nail was the goat from what ive seen, though.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #296 on: August 22, 2015, 07:09 PM »
Any more old replays?

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #297 on: September 24, 2015, 06:41 AM »
Those are just the replays Korydex requested (mostly by asking for replays with particular nicknames in them) and then decided to post here.

Nicknames he asked for (and the matching replays from before 2004-02-09):
volrin (result: 3 replays, though just 1 is of roping; the other two are Team17s, and he does have a roping turn in one of those)
BaDcereal (result: 2 replays, but both disconnected on startup)
MPH (result: 14 replays; only shared 3 so far)
Dope (result: 2 replays, though the first one falls into an infinite loop upon worm placement due to the autoteleport bug)
HHC (result: 1 replay)
thehamstar (result: none)
ibb (result: none)
thewalrus (result: 7 replays, only 1 shared so far)
Mablak (result: none)
clan NBR (result: 18 replays; so far only shared the ones with volrin)
shark (result: none)
nakra (result: none)
Wiz (result: none, just a GIZWIZ, a WizardpunkTDA, and two with WizKilla)
dextah (result: one Team17 with Dextah090xFWHx, not shared yet)
GARG0YLE (result: 45 replays; only shared 5 so far)

I've got ones from 2000-12-30 onward, and one from 2000-11-23 (although it isn't a good one; "2000-11-23 04.42.35 [Extracted] LouieTheFuzz, skipper, @Deadcode, Hazycles.WAgame" has me complaining that a game I joined that was hosted with the name "fair for all" had infinite bananas). From the earliest up to right before 3.6.19.7 (the first public version with replay recording) was released, I've got 3864 replays.

I can't just post the whole lot without looking through each one individually first. I don't know which ones might have private conversation. (And removing the chat from all of them before posting would ruin the experience of watching them; the chat adds a lot to it.) But I can respond to specific requests!
Surprised you only have 7 from our games, I recall playing way more battleraces than 7, thats for sure.

Offline Godmax

« Reply #298 on: October 02, 2015, 10:03 PM »
I still got replays from 2008 when the max scheme was created. Our first steps into a new bright max server world damn it was fine.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #299 on: October 29, 2015, 02:54 PM »
Anubis! Do you (or anyone) have that replay with you and Mablak warming. Im pretty sure you were in sCa at the time. I loved that one but I lost it :(
(weird, but this post of you TapstaR was made just in the day I stopped to play worms 16 months ago, so I didn't read this thread anymore till now)

Here you have, tha vs Warmer of Mablak and Anubis  :P

http://www.clantag-wa.com/2004-12-06_06.05.34__Online__Mablak__sCalAnubis.rar

HF
Can anyone reupload? O: