Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:53 PM

Poll

Would you like to see Worms 2 Rope to be default rope on WA?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Worms 2 Rope on WA  (Read 5294 times)

Offline Kradie

Worms 2 Rope on WA
« on: August 29, 2016, 04:14 PM »
I would like to think that some of you know about rubberworm, and that you are familiar with its capabilities.
For those who don't, you could read and download it here:
http://worms2d.info/RubberWorm

So Masta and I roped around with /ir enabled (Enables Worms 2 Rope). I myself was immediate puzzled ''Why isn't this rope default on WA?'' And if my memory serves me right, I think the rope on WA used to be a lot more lighter and faster.
The overall roping experience felt a whole lot more natural to me. The momentum and speed it builds up from each key strokes and bounce is just amazing. There's no wonder why people used to rope around 12 seconds on ropers.

So my question is, why isn't Worms 2 rope default?
Why was WA rope bugged down? (If it ever was, see above^).
Could it be possible to have Worms 2 rope to be default?

IF you are you unfamiliar with Worms 2 Rope, please try it out and test it for yourself.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline StepS

Re: Worms 2 Rope on WA
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 04:36 PM »
Note that the "Improved Rope" option in RubberWorm is not exactly the Worms2 rope. Worms2 rope physics had some fundamental differences, as far as I remember. This is only a rough approximation that doesn't modify the W:A rope itself (it's only the angle and acceleration, which are already tweakable).
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline spleen17

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 04:56 PM »
I swear I showed you this like a year ago Kradie.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 06:37 PM »
Note that the "Improved Rope" option in RubberWorm is not exactly the Worms2 rope. Worms2 rope physics had some fundamental differences, as far as I remember. This is only a rough approximation that doesn't modify the W:A rope itself (it's only the angle and acceleration, which are already tweakable).

Yeah even if it is a ''wannabe-replica'', the rope felt better compared to the current rope. Therefore I thought it could be better idea to have this Worms 2 clone rope as default WA rope.

Is that an unreasonable idea to propose?

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 06:48 PM »
Yes. 

Feel free to use your w2 rope in private games, but you are 17 years too late to suggest rope changes in league, a la worms WMD. 

You don't even play league anyways, don't know why you are interested in the default rope for it.

Offline Dr Abegod

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 07:07 PM »
After a roper game with Kradie today with this modified rope, I must admit and agree that it's way more fun, smooth and natural. I think a future update should contain an improved rope update.

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 07:08 PM »
You don't even play league anyways, don't know why you are interested in the default rope for it.

Offline Dr Abegod

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 07:13 PM »
I don't see "league" mentioned anywhere in Kradie's post, this is about changing the game, not a tus rule...

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 07:13 PM »
Yes. 

Feel free to use your w2 rope in private games, but you are 17 years too late to suggest rope changes in league, a la worms WMD. 

James,  I'm a casual player of Worms Armageddon, who enjoys good and fun games with friends. I see nothing unreasonable about my desires for making it default. I doubt anyone who is very competitive that plays rope based league games will have an issue with this old school rope if they actually got used to it.

Offline lalo

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 07:19 PM »
Yes. 

James,  I'm a casual player of Worms Armageddon, who enjoys good and fun games with friends. I see nothing unreasonable about my desires for making it default. I doubt anyone who is very competitive that plays rope based league games will have an issue with this old school rope if they actually got used to it.

Used to play w2. Nope thx. This entire topic is so stupid that I feel like a fool replying lol.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 07:31 PM »
Yes. 

Used to play w2. Nope thx. This entire topic is so stupid that I feel like a fool replying lol.
Worms 2 was a good game, the roping there was nice. I don't think it's stupid, I think healthy. And you are no fool man :)

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 11:56 PM »
Is this a request for WA in general or TUS Rope scheme?
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Kradie

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 12:03 AM »
Is this a request for WA in general or TUS Rope scheme?

It's not really a request, it's more of a shout out, to hear what other player think about Worms 2 rope.
But if people are up for some tweaks and changes on WA, then why not.
Some has said that Worms 2 rope is way easier to wield and to use.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 11:05 AM »
Feels more natural but at the same time you gotta get used to it.

Offline MeTonaTOR

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 11:26 AM »

Does one should play any league to suggest an improvement for a game?
<Asbest> alright im too sleepy, i seen too many idiots today. i hope no one will get what i got. have a good night
* Asbest (~Asbest@5b606b87.bfe48da6.6c2d5d00.IP4) Quit (Quit)
<StepS> party
<OutofOrder> ♫♪♫♪ \o/ _o/ \o\  /o/ ♫♪♪♫
<Bamboy> ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
<StepS> (≧▽≦)
<Bamboy> ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
<WTF-8> ( . )   ( . )