Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:31 AM

Author Topic: ZaR 911  (Read 1987 times)

Offline spleen17

ZaR 911
« on: April 25, 2015, 09:48 PM »
Scheme file: https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-1714/

New ZaR variant, the most important rule is this:

CAA (Crate After Attack)

This scheme has 9sec turns and 11sec retreat time (hence the name, 911). Attack opponent with zook then get the crate in retreat time.

RULES:

- ktl, afr as normal
- if you fire zook, you may collect crate, even if you miss
- if you damage your opponent you MUST get crate in retreat time, otherwise skip next turn
- if you accidentally collect crate in normal turn time then end your turn immediately without attacking, otherwise if you attack as well you must skip
- if crate lands next to someone you CAN firebomb them. if it is the only crate on the map then you do not have to collect crate that turn.
- at sudden death, w2w AFTER attack. same rules apply.
- winning game by cow = instant loss

* For the purposes of these rules a skip means you can rope and get your crate but not attack*

MORE INFORMATION:

- Usual ZaR format, no chutes, instant mines.
- health crates 11hp, starting health is 119hp
- sudden death (infection only) after 5mins
- no fall damge
- zook power set to 1 star

Takes some getting used to but it is fun scheme :) Enjoy
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:55 PM by spleen17 »

Offline spleen17

Re: ZaR 911
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 09:52 PM »
Example replay

Offline j0hny

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 10:52 AM »
for me very bad scheme :D 9 sec is not enough to speed up or perform any trick. The game does not give any fun  :'(

We are hoping for something better  :-*
If you wanna play cup or something, Im at the email: lukaszmok21@gmail.com sound on my phone.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) \(ツ)/ (╯°□°)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 11:20 AM »
While I personally appreciate your own personal opinion & support,  I however would like to counter it.

911 is basically a Inverted Roper. You have 9 seconds to attack your enemy and 11 seconds to acquire the health crate. This setup might be difficult to adapt to but once the player have gotten used to its mechanics, it will prove less frustration and more fun.

If speed is of an issue for you, perhaps you would be better off with something easier. Because I as others have not faced any problem in terms of time and speed.
9 seconds is adequate enough to make an attack. So when it comes to map difficulty, it is really up to the players to decide on what type of map they want to play on.
11 second retreat is plenty of time to acquire health crate. The health crate might land near your enemy and that gives you more time to do your beloved tricks.

But dear j0hny, 911 was not constructed to be a warmer. It was meant to offer unique game experience. People have problems adjusting themselves to something new. A lot of people will probably feel insecure to the idea of 911 at first. But it will take time and we won't give up and that what makes ZaR what it is today.

Thanks j0hny for your opinion and support to ZaR.

And j0hny. Please refrain for using ''We''. You are not the voice of the Worms Community.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 11:34 AM by Kradie »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 11:35 AM »
Even such a hardcore noob as me can play it easy so try it xD

Offline rmg92

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 11:38 AM »
I thought I'd create an account on here to share my comments.

Despite not having played a rope-based game in a while, I really enjoyed this scheme. 9 seconds is very short, and yes it is very difficult as a result, but to me, that's what made it fun. 11 seconds retreat time also feels about right.

Two points I'd like to make.

1. The scheme requires a lot of trust from people who you haven't played before. I went on to play a couple of shopper rounds, and people broke the rules in those an awful lot, so i can imagine the same might happen in 911. A newer scheme with more complex rules and less time between turns will make it much easier for cheating, and getting everyone to voluntarily skip their next go if they break a rule may be difficult. With that said, I haven't played in a while and I'm not sure how common these things could be/are.

2. Sudden death seemed to take a little too long to get to, as most of the time playing was in the retreat, rather than the turn-time itself. Although you may have changed this since I played (Username = rmg92, I think it was the second time the scheme had been tried out?).

With that said, I thought it was a brilliant idea, and something original/challenging. It was really nice to play with people who respect rules and don't shout "noob" every time you hit them (I must be hanging out with the wrong people ha).

Offline spleen17

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 12:14 PM »
Hi rmg, thanks for your feedback. I think Kradie has already fixed SD time, we may also have lowered starting health since you played, I know it was 169 for while. Thanks for helping us test it :)

@j0hnny, 9secs is short but you only have to rope over to the opponent and attack them. It is enough time to get to the other side of the map in most ropers. The challenge of the scheme is in the retreat as there is more pressure on you to get it right. It is not a scheme for showing off tricks :)

We did not mean to disappoint our existing fans  ::)    You can consider this our experimental 3rd album, less radio-friendly than ZaR and ZaR Shopper, it is for a more mature audience  :D

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 06:09 PM »
Interesting, yet confusing and counter-intuitive. With a little bit of dedication towards practice, the scheme becomes natural and fun.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 07:26 PM »
Thanks for the constructive feedback Mr rmg92 & Mr Rayez.

Once everyone have familiarized themselves with the rules,  911 will wield more fun.

In regards to the rules of Sudden Death. Normal wall to wall rule will be standard practice.
Attacking & then do a wall to wall may prove very challenging. Hence this sudden decision.
If anyone has a better idea what player can do during SD, like touch ceiling and floor? Is highly appreciated.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 07:29 PM »
I rly like the "no-chute" option. thats something what was needed.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 07:50 PM »
The ''no chute option'' is already apparent in ZaR Roper :)

Thanks for your feedback :)

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 07:55 PM »
Oh my gun, No Chute is the base of ZaR :)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 08:02 PM »
But there are no fall damage in 911 :)

Online Triad

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2015, 09:39 PM »
Interesting idea, I'll give it a try. I rate 9/11.