April 23, 2017, 11:52 AM
News: Leagues updated to v2.0
TUS Maps introduction and conceptWelcome to TUS Maps (Dedicated to Big billy, pr, Tenoritaiga and the community of WN)
This is a huge map database of all W:A maps, meaning PNG, BIT and LEV maps. Other than people uploading their maps, TUS maps has more gates to accepts maps.
Everyday many replays gets reported on TUS and TUS extracts maps from them. But lucky you, TUS knows the maps that are getting reported. so it can tell you where exactly your map has been played. Who are playing your map...
As for now I'm writing this, TUS has stored:
8,826 LEV unique maps.
5,696 BIT unique maps.
1,056 PNG unique maps.
Along with TUS map database, there are many tools being coded:
- Online map editor: Almost everything starts here. You upload your desire map and map editor lets you choose what to do with that map.
- Mappack database: You have the ability to make mappacks of any map on TUS and submit it. Your mappack will receive its own page and people can comment about it.
- Favorite maps archive: every member receives a folder and can put his favorite maps there. You can create as many folder you want in this folder and organize your maps.
- BIT/LEV map PNG converter: For map makers who like to use ingame elements. You can convert a BIT or LEV map as a PNG map.
- No authors maps: This is actually a database of maps which we haven't assigned any author to them yet.
Note that although TUS Maps supports LEV maps, but it won't let you submit yourself as its author.
How to upload map to TUS and treat mapsI'll show you how to upload and handle your map on TUS in this topic.
For submitting a map on TUS, first you gotta load the map into the Map Editor:
If you can find your map in 'no author maps' database, you can click the editor icon below it and let the editor load the map from that game:
ok, either way when the map is loaded, you will see options map editor will give you:
1. Upload map to TUS map database: By clicking this link, you can input your map details info and upload it straight to TUS map database.
You can also upload the maps which you are not their author, but if the map is not yours, a moderator gotta approve your map first.
Ok, as for test, I'm submitting one of PunisheR's maps:
Ok, and click to submit the map:
Since TUS lets you submit a map which the user doesn't exists on TUS, you will see a confirm author alert in case you typed the author wrong. You can submit the author anyway or click the edit link to edit the authors again.
ok, if you submit it, voila! Map is in TUS database.
2. Add this map to another map: Don't let the name confuse you.
There are sometimes TUS fails to recognize your map. Reasons are:
- The host manually blocks the map plop holes to avoid you know, plopping! But by doing that, he is actually changing the map, so that TUS fails to recognize it.
- When a map maker creates his map and test it in a game, before the game starts, the game itself sometimes modify some parts on the map to make it suit the game (probably). So in this case, the happy map maker has his/her own version of the map but when people extract his/her map from a game, they get the game-modified version of the map. So if the map maker load his map on TUS editor, he sees that his map is not in the database.
- Map maker improve his map quality through time. We know it is the same map, but they are not same file.
*No! changing the map options (like girders, border, water, object ...) DO NOT make TUS fails to recognize.
ok, don't panic! TUS solves this too! When you use this link: (I loaded one of the plop-blocked version of this map into the editor)
As you see, the system is asking you about adding or replacing.
If you pick the first option, system add that map and tell TUS to treat the loaded map as the same map you give its ID to.
If you pick select, the map still will be added, but the loaded map will be treated as the original map.
Because of this feature nature, all these maps MUST BE approved by a mod first. (You know cause some kid maybe mix maps that are not the same, mixing wxw png map with BnG bit map )
3. Upload this map to your favorite maps archive: It will add the map to your favorite maps folder.
4. Download the map with the selected map options: Do you need to change the options of the map quickly use or test it on your own? Use this
5. Convert the map to PNG: Dear map maker, this is for you! load your BIT or LEV map here, click on the link, there you go, you have a PNG image of it