Forums
April 25, 2024, 06:15 AM

Author Topic: April 2014 teams  (Read 3627 times)

Offline avirex

Re: April 2014 teams
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 03:32 PM »
yes start to play ae...

please, post names for your team, A/B/C is bit lame, and confusing... any member of the team can post name... but once u post it, its final.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 07:34 PM »
1st day of trying to play 2v2 league.. People come and go, either playing tus singles or clanners. Even with 4 players it's pretty hard to arrange a game, lolz. Would've been better to create 4 teams with 8 players to increase chances to arrange a game  ;)

Offline avirex

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 12:53 AM »
hmm... yeah, guess that would be easier.. i think your right...

damn...

but then there would not really be any playoffs, which sux...   but yeah, i think your right, it will be rather difficult to not only find one of your 4 mates, but to find an opponent team...   ok.. maybe i will re-work the system..

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 03:32 AM »
could I give an advice? Would be better if You rank the players individually. People could make different pairs everytime and the points gained would count in a single rank. The teams concept is really nice, but We have a kind of inactivity so less rules = more games.

Offline theredi

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 08:57 AM »
could I give an advice? Would be better if You rank the players individually. People could make different pairs everytime and the points gained would count in a single rank. The teams concept is really nice, but We have a kind of inactivity so less rules = more games.

no, thats makes no sense, and afair there is something called tus singles 2v2 already.

Offline harpy

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 10:48 AM »
little more no to active players have team harpy NO  :-\  :-X

:P

Offline rU`

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 11:49 AM »
hmm... yeah, guess that would be easier.. i think your right...

damn...

but then there would not really be any playoffs, which sux...   but yeah, i think your right, it will be rather difficult to not only find one of your 4 mates, but to find an opponent team...   ok.. maybe i will re-work the system..

no, thats makes no sense, and afair there is something called tus singles 2v2 already.

Good initiative by avirekt but this is a joke to me since we already got 2v2. This stuff is rather causing even more trouble to find a 2v2 game than helping. Let smarter people work on these thangs ;D
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline ANO

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 01:38 PM »
I want FUGAAA with me, pleaseeeeeeeeee <3

Offline avirex

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 04:01 PM »
Leroy, does one of your alias want to join the league??

why do you have so many alias? so people dont realize how much time you spend on worms??  you either on wnet with an alias, or your on GTA.. i think you need a break from the computer from time to time, it would be a healthy alternative to sitting there all day...   if you dont want to do that, atleast wear a corset, like asbest suggests.

there is only only 2 options for 2v2... one is clanners, which are inactive, and most of all unfair, making the lesser skilled clans not even want to participate...  or 1v1 singles TUS - Played with partners, which seems like alot of people do not want to do, because some put alot of effort into their 1v1 ranking, to trust it in other peoples hands...

there is several options for 1v1 several different schemes, leagues, cups, tourniez.. and not many alternatives to 2v2 until now... so, thanks for your input leroy, but your trolling posts has no purpose here...

Prof, your idea is not great, keep in mind this is a forum based league, it would be nearly impossible to run your idea strictly through forums.. if your idea was coded, it would be ok... but still, then it just seems like its a 1v1 league, but with a partner... and there would be alot of avoiding, and people only wanting to play with top players.... so again, it would be a situation where the lesser skilled guys get shut out, or just dont want to play, because the skill level is always uneven...

Xrayez idea was nice, and i may change the team all around right now.... im considering that option.... i may write all names down, and re-arrange them, see what i can come up with for 4 teams of 8... stay tuned. 

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 05:32 PM »
ok np go ahead, xrayz idea' also is nice.

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2014, 09:30 PM »
2v2 league anyone??
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 05:47 AM »
I think the Ae Team would be better name then The Bees

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Camper

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2014, 05:00 PM »
@camel, yes. Pick that name :P

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 05:05 PM »
Can someone change our team name in "420 ae it fgt"?

Offline Senator

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2014, 12:46 PM »

...  or 1v1 singles TUS - Played with partners, which seems like alot of people do not want to do, because some put alot of effort into their 1v1 ranking, to trust it in other peoples hands...

Prof, your idea is not great, keep in mind this is a forum based league, it would be nearly impossible to run your idea strictly through forums.. if your idea was coded, it would be ok... but still, then it just seems like its a 1v1 league, but with a partner... and there would be alot of avoiding, and people only wanting to play with top players.... so again, it would be a situation where the lesser skilled guys get shut out, or just dont want to play, because the skill level is always uneven...

I agree with both of you. If we want more 2v2 games, players should not be restricted to play only with their permanent clan/team mates but everytime with a different partner. Like avirex mentioned there are some problems that should be solved

1. there should be own league table for 2v2 individual ranking (called "doubles") because some people dare to lose their 1v1 points.
2. players should not be allowed to select their partner and opponents -> we need a matchmaking system that appoints you a partner and opponents, and with some added rules you would be forced to play the arranged match (penalty points if you refuse to play).

The problem is that we need someone to code this kind of system. MI won't do that until it's proved to work someway. Tomi said he could possibly code this system and create a league table on a separate website (at experimental basis) if there is enough support for this. So what do you think? Should we have a vote?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 09:42 PM by Senator »