Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:36 AM

Author Topic: Good finish Vs Sensei  (Read 1158 times)

Offline TheKaren

Good finish Vs Sensei
« on: January 19, 2016, 10:26 AM »
1st try, 15:00.

Offline xSniperx

Re: Good finish Vs Sensei
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 11:20 AM »
Holy floorbank komo ! , are you notchin thow bro ! =) wp sexy finish.

Offline Husk

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 11:23 AM »
vfn

Offline Street

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 11:49 AM »
nice verry cool finishing tuch

[NBRthewalrus] cheap pro street

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 01:20 PM »
Sorry got carried away here lol, sniper asked if I notched and at 1st was trying to explain how that kinda shot is easy for me then started typing loads of other crap cuz excited other people are starting to get very good I wanna help them learn more!

LG 4s max floorbank explained starting in the middle of this post, a link to BnG Advice on b2b forums from 5-6 years ago just before that, and some extra advice after shot explained.

1st, thanks :)

Sniper, i've been accused of notching a number of times lol, I don't and haven't for some time but I did like 9-10 years ago.

Although my 1st experience with BnG was through notching, haven't done it for about 10 years now, and even then it was only 4s FP, 5s LG and the distance of 1/2/3 bar winds aimed straight up full pwoer.

Everything else i've learned by experimenting and practising, paying close attention to the angles that grenades go up and come down, how grenades bounce based on power/angle and min/max bounce at different distances. Zooks I learned from Eldarworm aiming straight up shooting full pwoer then remebering how far it goes and practising and experimenting a lot offline and online, it was M3ntal who taught me how to notch 4s full pwoer and 5s LG.

Wee history lesson for ya now ;)

Spent so much time playing BnG with Resonance around 2004-2006 practising 3s grenades which is when we noticed you can control where the opponents worm moves depending on what shot/bounce settings you use, we coined that "push/pushing". Was at the same time we thought about aiming to destroy the land protecting the opponents worm so you can hit them easier, we coined that "open", it was also with Resonance we discovered "bank/banking" by throwing against the wall behind you, and also when the grenade bounces off a wall in a downwards motion - "transfer".

Wasn't the 1st to play with Low Grav though, discovered that when playing some games with Rhy and !3uD from the GiT clan, also dw33b played with us a lot, where we could just have a ffa match seeing what cool shots you could do with various settings, it only took a few months to start getting very good with low gravity playing so many hours a day.

I remember thinking that if you can bank a grenade surely it would work aiming at the floor, I hadn't seen anyone try that before so started messing around with that too and soon made some interesting discoveries after a few weeks of intense experimenting and practising, comparing shots to other shots, just using my imagination really, and eventually became the Neo of BnG lol.

Playing so much BnG it was natural to come up with my own system for remembering shots and what pwoer to use for each one, I posted this advice 5-6 years ago:

BnG Advice

^^ I just edited it a little, noticed something was actually wrong :o

Ok, explanation of shot:

He moved hide after placing a girder so I needed a few seconds to think which shot to use, which is why my worm done nothing for like 6-7 seconds.

I had a feeling 3s would bounce off girder or tree based on the height differences of my worm, his worm, the tree & the girder. Also didn't like the angle for 5s LG, too steep for my liking. 4s LG thrown like a 3s nade felt too low an angle, then realized 4s LG Max floorbank had the right angle of descent for that gap and the height difference to make it a perfect shot.

Like I said earlier in this post i've spent an insane amount of time practising and experimenting with BnG, here's something you might find interesting.

3s grenade impact / 5s LG impact / 4s LG max floorbank impact share a few things in common:

1. The 3s and 4s floorbank share the same area of pwoer for hitting the same area, if both worms are at the same height, release the pwoer when it touches the outside ring of the circular sight.

2. The 4s floorbank and the 5s LG have the exact same angle when flipped to explode in the same area, this is the same area as the 3s grenade too.

3. All 3 shots will hit the exact same area, coming in at 3 different angles/speed.

4. When you know and memorize the previous 3 things, you can use that as a base for many other shots, leading to multiple combo shots.

For example, if you hit with 3s grenade impact, re-aim to the same position and a little lower, use 4s LG and it will hit the same area as the 3s grenade impact(needs adjusting at different lengths). This takes a bit of practise and close attention to learn and master, but very useful.

Say for example you hit with 3s impact, then you hit with the 4s LG and it pushes the player so they don't have angle, if they stay there, next shot repeat the angle for the 4s LG shot, depending on the distance between worms you might have to adjust it a bit more or less, use 5s max bounce then aim the pwoer so it release just before the dot in the middle of the sight, if the terrain has the right bounces the grenade should fly way over the worm bounce and fly back, and boom in their face, impact shot.

Doing this 3 shot combo is extremely difficult, takes practise, and not to mention luck for the opportunity for the right objects to bounce on etc.

If the 5sMAX backbounce won't work because there isn't a back entrance, try a 5s max bounce full/near full pwoer trapshot if you have the opportunity, I use this when they don't teleport for a direct hit, and have no other angle to get in there or any zook for curve.

Use the same train of thought with other types of shots to learn your own methods and combos.

Practise practise pracitse, and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment and self-discipline!

Damn what a huge post...  :o

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 02:53 PM »
I love your post and it's insightful to say the least, however I was just joking as sensei asked on game 😊 I know your shots come from ridiculous hours of in-game experience 😊

Offline Alien

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 08:18 PM »
nice shot komo :)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 08:23 PM »
I was just joking as sensei asked on game 😊 I know your shots come from ridiculous hours of in-game experience 😊

Was just asking him out of curiosity. I heard for "notching" term maybe 10 days ago when playing funner with Mablak. Really cool dude to chat with, explained me a lot about measuring shots in BnG..

Btw, insane thing about this Komo's finish is that this was just another day in office for him. He wouldn't even post it here, if I didn't msgd him on snoop and pointed out how cool that shot actually was.

Gj one more time ;)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 12:47 AM »
as sensei asked on game

He did? Sorry I never even noticed lol.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 01:06 AM »
as sensei asked on game

He did? Sorry I never even noticed lol.

You did. And answered me lol.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 03:09 AM »
Hmmm,will check game in morning I'm so f***ed with the flu heads up my arse :/

Edit: Yup lol, you're right xD

It really puzzles me sometimes, how much I can learn/focus playing games and music, but I can't even remember some conversation from half a day ago...  ???
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:56 AM by Komito »

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 11:42 AM »
ns Komo!   :)

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 12:39 PM »
thats all u can? not worth to download...