Forums
April 19, 2024, 07:35 PM

Author Topic: impi's weeny opinion about tus league  (Read 9181 times)

impi's weeny opinion about tus league
« on: December 08, 2013, 09:21 PM »
if i stop making topics like this, whats the chance someone will play this game in next 10 years? (c)
 Almost every online game with a large number of players has a league which is controlled by the big companies, while small but competitive online games have very primitive leagues, if they have them at all.
So in first case big companies take all the profits for itself while on 2nd case leagues is too small to create the league and the more of it - to get any kind of possible benefit from them.

And well, we are middle way - worms armageddon community: not big enough to attract attention from fat guys who lookin for profit but still big enough to get a decent profit!

So maybe our community is not all that bad? We are big enough to get profit, you can actually play and earn at the same time!

But when it comes to profits, there is one and the same problem on 90% of cases - awful administrator who throws all the money from advertising and other sources of profit in an endless pocket of himselve

But seems like we are lucky again! We got MI, admin which aims to the perfect league, who got fairplay and fun as a main goal!

Often good administrators who created the league with enough players investing alot of money and in a very short period of time their league collapses, simply because something was unbalanced, bad points system, terrible standings, anything! It makes people give up at those leagues.

But not at our case! Tus is working for years without f@#! ups! of course there is complaints, but it happens on any kind of sport, right?

So what we have?
1. Perfect community
2. Perfect administration
3. Perfect league

Perfect conditions for the league. the same as the perfect conditions once appeared on planet Earth by which life arose! So can our league be one of those planets that needs that final push to start the life all around it?

So yea, three of these facts - the key to the success of greatest worms armageddon league for the sake of reason, why we are all still here, huh!

All we need is love small adds on tus -> money that we receive, we will give to league winners -> we tell people that by playing worms they can now earn money -> more people visit tus -> more profit from adds -> and we are infinitely doomed to the endless success of perfect Worms Armageddon League! HAHAHAHA!

As far as I know MI had troubles since its hard to insert adds when you live on Iran, but there is whole community ready to help, any member of DOS can help you next moment if you ask them! So yea, whats the main problem of this idea MI, is there any way we can help you?

Offline TheWalrus

Re: impi's weeny opinion about tus league
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:13 PM »
Small amounts of money are not going to draw large amounts of people in.  Especially when the people realize they are not playing new game with prizes, where they can practice and win, but in an entrenched league with 14 years of game history against players they have no shot of beating.  I'm sorry guys, I feel like these impo/static threads are very well intentioned, but this game is as promoted as it ever will be with the recent steam inclusion and humble bundle.  Small cash prizes for winning the league aren't changing anything.  If MI gets any $$$, he needs to pocket every cent for his own uses.

Offline Swist

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 01:36 AM »
It's so sad but I think the same as walrua, awards for win won't change anything. Majority of people(like about 98%) dont play for money but play to derive fun from the game

Offline SpideR

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 03:32 AM »
W:A is a counter-culture in the games world, because:

-2d game
-15+ years old game
-system requirements is well, any pc that barely turns on
-an original disk may cost less than a pack of toilet paper
-we lack the sense of competition as it is in world championship
-we love each other so much that we give up competition to just have fun, even avi's loves komo!
-Our girlfriend's would be ashamed to know we play such game
-the game's most popular league is hosted in Iran by a monkey :)
-the developer is bankrupt

(...) what else?

Impossible, Mission Impossible.

Offline Turko

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 03:40 AM »
Im actually proud of our community... i mean, worms armageddon was released in 1999... and we are almost in 2014.
15 years in technology is a very long time, and in gaming even more.

Anyway, I think tus is perfect, the rank system, challenges, cups, maps/schemes, forum, etc... its just perfect. I think T17 or whoever is incharge of updating the game could add a few things to make the game more attractive to new players (for example, coloured nicks on wormnet or ingame, customize your worms, etc), there are little and nonsense changes, but i think they will make a difference.
Asbest`FAW> after match I will complain to ffie 
MOD`Dmitry> ok i too 
TdC--Turko> and ill get a lawyer

Spoiler! View

TdC''Turko> When will you fix your pc?
TaG'G> Never
TaG'G> Or maybe next week

Offline SpideR

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 03:53 AM »
One thing, and only this one thing that is being wished since its fall in 2000, would make this game celebrate a new BIG BANG:

WORMNET RANKS ARE BACK!

Offline darKz

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 04:08 AM »
By now I don't think even ranks would bring back more than a handful of players - it could've had a nice impact if they had brought them back in 2005 or so. It's a nice running gag though. :D
And I thought the money from ads thing was already discussed in another thread? What more is there to say than the amount of money TUS could gain from ads is too low to be a proper prize money? ???
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 08:33 AM »
Impo, if you need money, go to work xD

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Rogi

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 12:16 PM »
Impo, if you need money, go to work xD
+1
 true, dude
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 01:47 PM »
What more is there to say than the amount of money TUS could gain from ads is too low to be a proper prize money? ???
who said you this? on best times of tus we could gain around ~700$ per season, do you think its too low? :\

Offline Hussar

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 02:03 PM »
700 dolars - ok am in !

....but where u ll find this sum ?

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 02:12 PM »
it was explained many times, we'll add adds

Offline Turko

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 02:20 PM »
it was explained many times, we'll add adds

Idk this is gonna work. Playing worms is not that easy like other games, new players need some week/months to learn to rope (it took me 6 or 7 months to train my crappy roping).

If we are trying this, we should create an intermediate league or intermediate/t17/shopper league and see if is gonna work.
Asbest`FAW> after match I will complain to ffie 
MOD`Dmitry> ok i too 
TdC--Turko> and ill get a lawyer

Spoiler! View

TdC''Turko> When will you fix your pc?
TaG'G> Never
TaG'G> Or maybe next week

Offline Crazy

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 03:43 PM »
Great posts Spider, both of them made me laugh. Even the last about WN ranks because I was thinking about how much waste of energy and time people have spend on discussing @the ranks through the years :P

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 04:54 PM »
lol@hard to beat pros? every newbie can practise hyst in one month and beat any pro, and also its obvious that we can divide money to best players in every scheme, or invent something like that.

seems like everyone is rich here and dont need money at all? keep adding worms on ttrr and some awful functions on bng like /ts /sdet /rubber /speed150, thats the only change you are capable of

/thread