Forums
April 19, 2024, 04:33 PM

Author Topic: impi's weeny opinion about tus league  (Read 9179 times)

Re: impi's weeny opinion about tus league
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 05:04 PM »
WA won't make you rich anyway xD

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 05:10 PM »
ea bring most of the oldschool that tus can't bring without money.
If it can bring back  these guys, it's a valid reason by itself to bring money into tus imo.
My only concern is people trying to cheat/noob bash and all these lame stuff it will also bring.

Online Peja

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 05:52 PM »
about which oldschool guys are you talking? the same who will come back to tus later this year even theres no money? as you can see its not a matter of money, its simply a matter of time and bigger motivation to have skillfull games within a small group where u know what you got, instead of playing random guys on tus which are maybe just annoying.

Offline HHC

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 05:59 PM »
People quit, thats what happens in every game. They get replaced by new guys though. Noobs at first, but they will grow to become the new leets.

I think the biggest challenge for us atm is to deal with a problem very specific to WA: the variety of schemes.
In pretty much all other games the game modes are similar or require skills that are similar (in shooters there's things like deathmatch, ctf, assault, last man standings, etc. etc., but they are all pretty much the same: shoot the other guys and you win). In WA the schemes are all so different, and it's near impossible to keep up with all of them (i think there's maybe 1 or just 0 guy(s) out there that own every single scheme in classic + freeleague).

IMO we could do a good job by messing around with the schemes-selection a little.

First off, by limiting the number of schemes in classic league to 5. Five schemes that have proven to be well-balanced and... well, schemes that are just good for online competition.
For example:
1.Elite
2.Roper
3.Team17 with 1 standard homing missile
4.Shopper (I'm against wxw cause the maps are boring & support map whoring, but this new shopper should be played on say 10 official maps that are twice the size of the normal ones, to still make it challenging rope-wise, while staying true to the base skill of the scheme: knocking worms and using a variety of weapons from rope).
5.Hysteria... (so far we've failed to make this scheme perfect, but its most popular and perhaps we will one day find a way to avoid the obvious flaws).

IMO, it's still a good all-round league this way. The schemes are popular and it leaves out some annoying 1 or 2 weapons schemes, like BnG (whose skills are needed in hyst/elite), WxW (Shopper/roper) & TTRR (roper).
IMO those 3 aren't super for league play. BnG is often lame and repetitive (also, not popular), WxW has, as I mentioned, map whoring issues.. and is just generally boring imo cause of the flat levels... and TTRR... it's a great scheme, but IMO it's too skill-based. It doesn't really help the competition when it's often so obvious who the winner will be. IMO TTRR is better off being used for challenges and similar cups. (I do agree though, that if we kick it out we must find a way to make the TTRR-competition more interesting. I'm thinking for example about 1-hour challenges. (map gets announced at a certain date/time, after that everyone's got 1 hour to submit a time. At the end of it standings are published and points are added to the TTRR standings).

Freeleague can stay as it is, or even include the classic schemes as well, so it's truly FFA.

Apart from these... maybe just TRL? Or maybe 1 league of rope schemes and 1 of default schemes?

IMO it will help competition a lot to make the league simple like that. And it doesnt really cut down on the variety of schemes you can play. Cause there's still freeleague + ability to host cups in any scheme.
It will also help counter avoiding and playing pointless draws (clan A often picks scheme clan B sucks at, and then B picks someting A hates... it's not a good way to keep people motivated).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 06:04 PM by HHC »

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 06:41 PM »
again?

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 08:50 PM »
Your last awesome idea to make W:A more active was provoking Asbest at any opportunity during WO, Impo. We all know how that turned out.

I still think offering money to the winner is a terrible, terrible idea. Couple of reasons.

My only concern is people trying to cheat/noob bash and all these lame stuff it will also bring.

That.

+ even if you do attract people because of the lure of the vast amounts of money (lol), they will quickly go away, because there are only a couple of winners and the rest just wastes their time. It's far easier to win money at (for example) poker than at worms - more tournaments, more chances to win prizes, more prize money.

W:A still attracts people because it has tight controls and big possibilities in schemes. Don't like elite? You can play roper or RR. Don't like that either? Play T17. That's not your thing either? Try bungeerace. Are you more of a masochist? Try abnormal. Etcetera, etcetera.

Offline Turko

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 09:02 PM »
Shopper (I'm against wxw cause the maps are boring & support map whoring, but this new shopper should be played on say 10 official maps that are twice the size of the normal ones, to still make it challenging rope-wise, while staying true to the base skill of the scheme: knocking worms and using a variety of weapons from rope).

I agree, a hard shopper map is better than wxw, it requires speed, strategy, skills using weapons and knocking. WxW is just speed..

Anyway we should wait until next worms olympics before change anything... WO are a great chance to bring new players to leagues
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:07 PM by Turko »
Asbest`FAW> after match I will complain to ffie 
MOD`Dmitry> ok i too 
TdC--Turko> and ill get a lawyer

Spoiler! View

TdC''Turko> When will you fix your pc?
TaG'G> Never
TaG'G> Or maybe next week

Offline SpideR

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 09:04 PM »
BTW, who is the guy that will click the ads anyway?

Or are we supposed to click 20 ads per day?

Where's my bitcoin for doing that?

Money for worming and chicks for free is a dire straight dream :P

Offline Turko

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 09:08 PM »
BTW, who is the guy that will click the ads anyway?

Or are we supposed to click 20 ads per day?

Where's my bitcoin for doing that?

Money for worming and chicks for free is a dire straight dream :P

Lol its true, im sure that 70% of players here are using addblock
Asbest`FAW> after match I will complain to ffie 
MOD`Dmitry> ok i too 
TdC--Turko> and ill get a lawyer

Spoiler! View

TdC''Turko> When will you fix your pc?
TaG'G> Never
TaG'G> Or maybe next week

Offline darKz

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 09:44 PM »
What more is there to say than the amount of money TUS could gain from ads is too low to be a proper prize money? ???
who said you this? on best times of tus we could gain around ~700$ per season, do you think its too low? :\

For those talking about the big cash from adverts, I found a nice and pretty recent article about Google AdSense. I don't know how much traffic TUS generates but the author says "I don’t usually advise my clients to run AdSense on websites that have less than 300-400 unique visits per day" - which I personally doubt TUS currently has. I could be wrong though.

Edit: Not to mention the website needs to be generally popular on Google. I don't know how many people google "worms armageddon league" every day but I have a feeling that it's not a lot.  :-X

Anyway how do you back up your claim of $700 per season? I don't think that's peanuts, no, but I think it's very far from reality.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Anubis

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 10:26 PM »
The problems are not really W:A itself and it's mechanics, I believe they are pretty damn excellent, graphics are 2D which is okay since retro is "in", I think it's rather the age of the game and the lack of motivation it gives to competitive players. Most active ambitious players that wanna go pro with a game rather do so on new games where everyone starts out even. Who would seriously waste at least 1 year on a game to get a shot at the prize it offers? I wouldn't. For example the LoL,HoN,Dota2 stuff, there is no way I wanna play it at all if I would aim to get some money off of gaming, I would rather wait for the new Blizzard game and then start there so at least the meta-game, game flow etc. is fresh for everyone. Sure, the players that played LoL dota2 etc. will still have an edge over me but they don't know the game inside out. The same applies to W:A, if Worms is gonna get big esports-wise it will ONLY happen when T17 releases a good Worms game with smooth game systems and mechanics like W:A has. We would familiarize faster than the other dudes that never played W:A, but they wouldn't need to catch up 15 years!

The money introduced tu TUS would just attract grief-play, bad behavior, drama and more work for TUS staff.

I know it sounds bad but W:As zenith has passed long ago if you want to "earn" money with it, to be exact it had it's peak when german ESL and GIGA promoted it, you missed that? Sucks to be a newbie. xD j/k

Just go play the various Shooters, dotas for some money, even Hearthstone a simple cardgame had already a 5k prize-pool tournament.

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2013, 10:30 PM »
And also would be nice if you share some tus stats (unique visitors per day and pages loaded per day)

According to Google Analytics, TUS has average of 300 unique visitors per day. According to TUS, at least 150 users log in per day.
For the last month we've had 78% returning users and 22% new visitors.
The pageview stats of Google Analytics is much different from TUS stats itself.
Around 10k hits per day (we've had a decrease in the past month to 6k) while TUS's goes over 50k. (TUS is counting search engines too)

Right now: 59 Guests, 15 Users (30 Spiders)

and thats wo times, now activity is much bigger. atm we can get like 300$ a month from small adds, season takes 2 months so its 300x2=600$

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2013, 10:34 PM »
Just go play the various Shooters, dotas for some money, even Hearthstone a simple cardgame had already a 5k prize-pool tournament.
lol, i dont aim at money from video games, i just want to make W:A popular again

Offline Ninja

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 10:37 PM »

Idk this is gonna work. Playing worms is not that easy like other games, new players need some week/months to learn to rope (it took me 6 or 7 months to train my crappy roping).

I agree with Turko

Maybe a new player can beat a pro in a fun game, but i dont belive it in a league game. Need a lot of practice.

ツ|ÑIiNjä|`LwS ツ - "Se eu fosse um cara diferente, sabe la como eu seria!"

"If i were a different guy, who knows how i would be"

Offline Anubis

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2013, 10:41 PM »
lol, i dont aim at money from video games, i just want to make W:A popular again

This is as popular as W:A gets, it is released in Steam, it even had a humble sale, it was promoted with Streams, everything was done except pumping money into the league which I just explained why it would not attract more players, at least not to the extent you may think it would do. :O